+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Dev-Team Merging PwnageTool and Redsn0w Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This morning, MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) mentioned on Twitter that the iPhone Dev-Team is looking to merge PwnageTool with redsn0w for enhanced functionality. The version of redsn0w that has this feature is
    Thanks

Default iPhone Dev-Team Merging PwnageTool and Redsn0w Soon

This morning, MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) mentioned on Twitter that the iPhone Dev-Team is looking to merge PwnageTool with redsn0w for enhanced functionality. The version of redsn0w that has this feature is not out yet but I presume it is on the way.

The PwnageTool feature (preserving baseband) will be added in the "Extras" section of redsn0w when the time comes. This is good news for the jailbreak community because they will be able to go to one tool to suffice all their jailbreak needs. Up until this time, to preserve baseband, you would either need to use PwnageTool (OSX) or sn0wbreeze (Win). Because redsn0w is compatible on both OSX and Windows, it will be your one-stop place to ensure that your jailbreak needs are taking care of (whether you preserve baseband or not).

Stay tuned for when the next of release of redsn0w comes out with this functionality.

Note: This redsn0w release with these features may be available for both iOS 5 and other firmwares (4.x and below). This would require the iPhone Dev-Team to update PwnageTool for iOS 5. At this point, we can't confirm to whether the PwnageTool feature in redsn0w will be available to iOS 5 users when it is first released. This also does not mean that there will be an untethered jailbreak coming from the iPhone Dev-Team.

There is no untethered jailbreak out for iOS 5 yet either.

You're not able to jailbreak the iPad 2 on iOS 5 at this time if redsn0w (or another tool) is updated to support the public version of iOS 5.

It is unknown to whether the current redsn0w beta version will jailbreak the public iOS 5 release today. ModMyi will keep you updated in this regard.

Source(s): MuscleNerd
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where do you find these writers MMi?? They seriously have no grasp of the english language, let alone grammar. I can't even understand half of what's being said here. "You're not able to jailbreak the iPad 2 on iOS 5 at this time if redsn0w (or another tool) is updated to support the public version of iOS 5."Everything after "...at this time" doesn't make sense. Use a comma! It's right next to the ".>" key! LOL "It is unknown to whether the current redsn0w beta version will jailbreak the public iOS 5 release today. ModMyi will keep you updated in this regard."I don't know where to begin with this one...if you use the the word "whether," you need to offer an alternative to the subject. "It is unknown whether, or not..."

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I understood it quite fine actually. Commas are so 1992.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    Where do you find these writers MMi?? They seriously have no grasp of the english language, let alone grammar. I can't even understand half of what's being said here. "You're not able to jailbreak the iPad 2 on iOS 5 at this time if redsn0w (or another tool) is updated to support the public version of iOS 5."Everything after "...at this time" doesn't make sense. Use a comma! It's right next to the ".>" key! LOL "It is unknown to whether the current redsn0w beta version will jailbreak the public iOS 5 release today. ModMyi will keep you updated in this regard."I don't know where to begin with this one...if you use the the word "whether," you need to offer an alternative to the subject. "It is unknown whether, or not..."
    I appreciate the feedback. We make mistakes sometimes so we appreciate people like you letting us know.

1. "Where do you find these writers MMi??" -- I believe you only use one "?" mark in English.
    2. "..have no grasp of the english language..." -- english should be English. It's grammatically correct.
    3. "...support the public version of iOS 5."Everything..." -- Gotta put a space between the quotation marks and "Everything." Use the spacebar; it's right in the middle of your keyboard!

Don't play games with us.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The weather is 52 degrees Fahrenheit were i live today! Yup just as relevant to this post as yours..............

On the other hand this will be nice i think ill start preserving my baseband so that i can unlock and sell easier in the future.
    Last edited by chrisw05; 10-12-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw05 View Post
    The weather is 52 degrees Fahrenheit were i live today! Yup just as relevant to this post as yours..............

On the other hand this will be nice i think ill start preserving my baseband so that i can unlock and sell easier in the future.
    Thank you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up Amazing Comment
    I know how you feel. If ModMyi is going to post something at least make it readable.

Keep it going Plnkeye21!!!

Thanks

i get it as it is... come on this ain't any english (or English) competition that u have to be perfect in writing... after all people dont really care (unless the article is crap and hard to understand, which in this case its totally fine).. nobody is marking it anyway.. the important is the information given.. from what i read i understand:

1) PwnageTool and Redsn0w are combining
    2) No untethered jailbreak for i0S5 yet
    3) No jailbreak for iPad2..
    4) Etc...

Thank you!!
    Last edited by d_animality; 10-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. We make mistakes sometimes so we appreciate people like you letting us know.

1. "Where do you find these writers MMi??" -- I believe you only use one "?" mark in English.
    2. "..have no grasp of the english language..." -- english should be English. It's grammatically correct.
    3. "...support the public version of iOS 5."Everything..." -- Gotta put a space between the quotation marks and "Everything." Use the spacebar; it's right in the middle of your keyboard!

lulwin.

Thanks

Lay off dude. Atleast someone here writes this information to us. You really have to complain about someone's grammatical errors? There's more important things to complain about.
    Bartle Doo

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Peeps neEd to lighten upp. tHis are a sight to got info about iPhones and such nots a colledge coors. iF these grammers is so offensives gets yoar infoz somewhere elz. sEriously?

Thanks

LOL ooooowwwnneeed
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

Best comeback sir, you win a cookie from me today

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nobody likes a person who corrects others grammar, don't be a douchebag.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was a seriously Douchey way of handling this. modmyi bookmark deleted.
    "dont play games with us"
    seriously? or else what? we visit the site and give you a job. our advertising clicks generate dollars for the site Mod edit: do not insult other members

you could just as easily have told the dude that you are grateful for the feedback and moved on.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-12-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordviper View Post
    seriously? or else what? we visit the site and give you a job. our advertising clicks generate dollars for the site jackass.

you could just as easily have told the dude that you are grateful for the feedback and moved on.

Or he could have been a **** to a guy who was also being a ****. In real life are you going to let someone walk all over you? I work at starbucks... we get the worst customers.... and even i have my limits before i tell people they need to calm down and treat me with more respect. If the guy didn't want someone acting like a **** toward him, he shouldn't act like a **** to others
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This may help some confusion for new jailbreakers. I know when I first started all the terminology and names of stuff was overwhelming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordviper View Post
    seriously? or else what? we visit the site and give you a job. our advertising clicks generate dollars for the site jackass.

It's all about approach. You must treat others with respect. He could have handled it in a much better way. I always appreciate feedback, but I don't tolerate people disrespecting me as I'm sure you wouldn't either. Not to mention, if you're going to criticize someone, you should at least have your stuff together. I'm simply pointing out that he shouldn't be so upset and crazy about my simple errors when we all make mistakes and it's inevitable.

Thanks

Wow...
    Perfect example of a pessimist... Or pedantic if you prefer.

It's nice that pwn/redsnow are being merged. Saves us some time
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 10-12-2011 at 12:16 PM.