+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AdBlocker, Fullscreen for Safari, Firewall IP, and ScreenDimmer Updated for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On the heels of iOS 5 publicly releasing today, BigBoss (@BigBoss) posted on his website saying that the applications below have been updated to support iOS 5: AdBlocker Fullscreen for
    Thanks

Default AdBlocker, Fullscreen for Safari, Firewall IP, and ScreenDimmer Updated for iOS 5

On the heels of iOS 5 publicly releasing today, BigBoss (@BigBoss) posted on his website saying that the applications below have been updated to support iOS 5:
    • AdBlocker
    • Fullscreen for Safari
    • Firewall IP
    • ScreenDimmer
    The developer of these tweaks, Yllier (@_Yllier_), is mentioned by BigBoss to have updated most of his tweaks to be iOS 5 compatible. The article made note for users that are on the iPad and possibly updating to iOS 5:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss;
    A note to FullScreen for Safari: while the version for iPhone/iPod touch is fully compatible with iOS5, the version for the iPad hasn’t been updated yet because there is no jailbreak available for the iPad 2 on the new OS.
    Throughout the day and however many days/weeks/months/years it takes, ModMyi will be updating everyone on tweaks and applications that have been mentioned or stated to now be compatible on iOS 5. Stay tuned!

Update: Yllier also released an update for Brightness Switcher for iOS 5.

Source(s): BigBoss
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-12-2011 at 08:34 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

finaly love full screen safari

iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Thanks

Yllier also released an update for Brightness Switcher, which replaces the Volume in your multitasking tray with brightness.Very, very handy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    Yllier also released an update for Brightness Switcher, which replaces the Volume in your multitasking tray with brightness.Very, very handy.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a way to jailbreak it on a iphone 4 ???? if so can you please tell me the site??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Red face Jailbreak 4 iphone4 has been a while. search, and you'll be pleasantly surprise!
    There's been jailbreak for iphone 4 on this site for a while.
    Do a search!
    You'll be pleasantly surprise.
    I don't go anywhere for it.

Hope this will help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The jailbreak is tethered so if you reboot your phone, you will need to boot it with redsnow connected to your computer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

hey is the ios 5 GM latest version ? im on it now and im wondering if i need to upgrade my i4 when update comes out through itunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    hey is the ios 5 GM latest version ? im on it now and im wondering if i need to upgrade my i4 when update comes out through itunes.
    As of this moment it is the latest version, but you may need to back up and restore to the public version because GM apparently will expire, according to BigBoss.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be a final release of 5.0. I'm on 5.0 GM also and I plan on doing a full restore with the final just to be sure I have everything the way it should be.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for iOS5 compatibility for SwitherMod. Thats usually one of the first cydia apps I install. I hate seeing all the previous apps. and 1 touch close is great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I'm still waiting for iOS5 compatibility for SwitherMod. Thats usually one of the first cydia apps I install. I hate seeing all the previous apps. and 1 touch close is great.
    I'm eagerly awaiting it too. It'll be coming "very soon" according to 0ptimo.

I just need something to remove the recent items and any previously opened games. Everything else that uses Fast Application Switching though doesn't need to be closed manually.