+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Phone Is The Answer To iOS Monotony and Android's Chaos - Andy Lees

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The President of Microsoft’s Windows Phone division, Andy Lees, truly believes that Microsoft’s new mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, is the answer to the problems that Android and
    Thanks

Default Windows Phone Is The Answer To iOS Monotony and Android's Chaos - Andy Lees

The President of Microsoft’s Windows Phone division, Andy Lees, truly believes that Microsoft’s new mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, is the answer to the problems that Android and iOS are facing.

Microsoft seems to be coming out on top where Apple and Google are failing according to Lees. He feels that Apple doesn’t offer options, leaving Apple being too monotonous. When it comes to all the areas where Apple has had success, he says the following: “I think, from an end user’s experience on the software, there’s a lot of interesting reviews written comparing us to iOS 5 and the amount that we’ve got done in 11 months — so some people (are) making comparisons of pace.” This does seem to be true as a variety of different Mango reviews on the web have proclaimed that Mango brings back what previous iterations of Windows platforms left out. Being someone who has a backup Windows Phone running on Mango, I do feel that Microsoft really brought things up to pace with iOS but it still isn’t quite there.

As far as Android goes, Lees feels that the Android platform is chaotic and the consistency of the Windows Phone is the answer to the issue. “We want to enable OEMs (original equipment manufacturers), we want to enable operators, but we don’t want chaos.” He goes on to say that some Android phones feel great while others don’t. The whole situation with Android leaves users with random feelings and he feels that Windows Phones will offer “much more coherency in the totality of what somebody gets when they buy our phone.”

It was noted that Windows Phone coverage is expected with a wide range of price points for this holiday season including some below the $100 point. 4G Windows Phones are also expected in the near future and furthermore analysts are predicting that by 2015, Windows Phones will eventually grab around 20% of the market share.

Being someone who has tried all three platforms, I still feel that Apple’s iOS comes out on top right now and will continue to for quite some time. I totally can see the Windows Phone platform coming in as a close second given some time as the platform utilizes unique structure behind the OS. Android seems as if it takes too many ideas from the iOS platform and it isn’t as refined either leaving much to be desired. When it comes to Lees’ opinion on Android, I agree 100%. The responsiveness of the Windows Phone and the smoothness/elegance are all things to brag about but in terms of features and convenience, the platform is still far from being close to the iOS platform. Maybe in time things will change but one can imagine Apple to still be holding its lead.

If you are interested in reading the full interview with Andy Lees, hit the source link below.

Do you agree with Lees? How do you feel about the three major smartphone platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: The Seattle Times
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 10-10-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Interesting...
    Apple has my heart and until I am wow'd by another operating system I will remain faithful. I will only cheat on if something looks and feels better. Innuendo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Interesting...
    Apple has my heart and until I am wow'd by another operating system I will remain faithful. I will only cheat on if something looks and feels better. Innuendo
    Lol. At first Windows Phone Mango was great, it had a unique interface, a sleek design, very fluid controls, and overall just felt great. After some usage, I quickly realized it was lacking features and the ease of use (or lack thereof) began to wear me down. I started to miss the iOS platform and just permanently switched back.

P.S I hope your gf never reads that comment.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

The problem with Windows and Android phones is that they don't have the same control of quality of the unit is is destined for. With Apple you get the whole package.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Lol. At first Windows Phone Mango was great, it had a unique interface, a sleek design, very fluid controls, and overall just felt great. After some usage, I quickly realized it was lacking features and the ease of use (or lack thereof) began to wear me down. I started to miss the iOS platform and just permanently switched back.

P.S I hope your gf never reads that comment.
    Lol
    She just left...
    Nah I'm a faithful guy I just tend to like other 'operating systems.'

Thanks

For me the answer is webOS. Dam I love that OS. I sure hope someone will pick it up from HP or they will do something good with it.

Thanks

You've gotta have standards, and you gotta stick to em, or you're a cheap floozy ho.

Me: faithful to my hardware, until it breaks.
    software not so much, but that's a conversation I have with my hardware, on day 1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    For me the answer is webOS. Dam I love that OS. I sure hope someone will pick it up from HP or they will do something good with it.
    I messed with a webOS tablet in best buy a couple months ago, I loved it. I still like iOS a lot better but I could see webOS becoming a major mobile operating system if the right company picked it up, it was so much smoother and easier to use that Android.

Thanks

I like where this thread is going.

Thanks

In my opinion being a user of all three platforms. I never really liked Android that much. I mean it's flashy and cool, but the performance just isn't that slick for what it says it is. The older Window phones weren't the best but I've used a newer one and they're very nice, just lacking something. Apple's got it down, they have performance and style.

Also let's not forget about the jailbreak community!
    I know Android has their own rooting community, but it doesn't compare to Cydia.

Apple > Windows > Android

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Mango is actually very nice the sad part is its a few years still behind. Windows was the last one to the app party. Windows has a bad rap when it comes to phones since the early stages of the os. I sell all 3 platforms every day. IPhone still being number 1 by far.
    I hate that people complain that it's so locked down. Yes it's locked down (unless jail broken) but do you know how many times a day I see someone with an android walk through the door with a problem? Tons reasoning is because unless the user is actually computer savy they load the thing with so many widgets and tweaks it runs slow locks up and battery life goes to nothing.

As for jail breaking vs rooting communities now that carriers have to lift the side loading block off the there really isn't any point in my mind to root an android device.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach B. View Post
    In my opinion being a user of all three platforms. I never really liked Android that much. I mean it's flashy and cool, but the performance just isn't that slick for what it says it is. The older Window phones weren't the best but I've used a newer one and they're very nice, just lacking something. Apple's got it down, they have performance and style.

Also let's not forget about the jailbreak community!
    I know Android has their own rooting community, but it doesn't compare to Cydia.

Apple > Windows > Android
    Yea not to mention that rooting an android phone is the most confusing 2.5 hours you will ever spend doing something and I'm an IT professional so shouldn't have any trouble messing with technical stuff. Jailbreaking is 10x easier and 30x if you go to jailbreakme.com.

Getting back to performance my wife has a Desire HD which has more ram and faster processor than my i4 but with iOS you would think the i4 was the one with the superior hardware.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Mango is actually very nice the sad part is its a few years still behind. Windows was the last one to the app party. Windows has a bad rap when it comes to phones since the early stages of the os. I sell all 3 platforms every day. IPhone still being number 1 by far.
    I hate that people complain that it's so locked down. Yes it's locked down (unless jail broken) but do you know how many times a day I see someone with an android walk through the door with a problem? Tons reasoning is because unless the user is actually computer savy they load the thing with so many widgets and tweaks it runs slow locks up and battery life goes to nothing.

As for jail breaking vs rooting communities now that carriers have to lift the side loading block off the there really isn't any point in my mind to root an android device.
    Paraphrased this means iOS is for the smartphone illiterate. That's what all app products achieve. They make the ignorant and boring feel intelligent and hip. Not knocking necessarily, just saying.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Apple > Android >>>>>>>>>> windows.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

No man your totally right.
    I have sold it to 5 years old the way up to people who take more pills than steps a day. Does it make it an illiterate os? No I don't think so, I think it is a great os because it cover such a diverse group of people.
    I mean what kind of phone can you have a fart machine on and epocrates all on the same phone? It covers all age groups and anyone can use it.
    Try give grandma an android- to complex
    Or a kid a windows phone- boring not enough fun stuff
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

A month ago I sold my iPhone 4 and bought an SGS2.Well, I just sold the SGS2 and bought another iPhone 4.Android has a lot of features, but a jailbroken iPhone is just as powerful and a HELL of a lot slicker. Plus I missed the large range of accessories you can get for iPhones. Cant speak for Windows Phone, havnt tried it, but iOS wins for me at this stage.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbows View Post
    Yea not to mention that rooting an android phone is the most confusing 2.5 hours you will ever spend doing something and I'm an IT professional so shouldn't have any trouble messing with technical stuff. Jailbreaking is 10x easier and 30x if you go to jailbreakme.com.

Getting back to performance my wife has a Desire HD which has more ram and faster processor than my i4 but with iOS you would think the i4 was the one with the superior hardware.
    That's #1 reason why I left iOS after 3 years and switched to Android last year and never looked back...
    It does take longer to root and do S-Off on everything in the beginning (not today anymore, there are plenty one click tools available), but you only have to do it ONCE for the lifetime of the device...
    And custom ROMs with new builds come out even before official ones do...

On iOS the only thing you can do is pray...for instance I have iPad2 without saved 4.3.3 SHSH...I am always afraid something is going to happen to it and I will be screwed and not able to JB for months...on Android such pressure is not there at all, and I can use the device as I want...

Thanks

I like Mangos.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS>Android>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Symbian>Windows PhoneSorry but Windows Phone is lacking even more features and the Metro UI gets boring after a bit.Android is lacking 3 things:- Smoothness, needs more quality apps and for Google to give us more native things in the OS like FindMyPhone etcWindows sucks all over.

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows phone?

lol