+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Breaks Single Day Pre-Order Record Again with the iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple announced today the company has yet again broke the iPhone pre-order record with the iPhone 4S. In the first 24 hours Apple accumulated 1 million iPhone 4S pre-orders, besting
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Breaks Single Day Pre-Order Record Again with the iPhone 4S

Apple announced today the company has yet again broke the iPhone pre-order record with the iPhone 4S. In the first 24 hours Apple accumulated 1 million iPhone 4S pre-orders, besting their previous record by 400,000.

By you think we the media would know that no matter our feelings toward an Apple product, the company will continue to break previous sales records. Also, as Forrester analyst Charles Govlin pointed out in a Wired article, the iPhone 4S success “reinforces [Apple’s] belief in their strategy, building the product they think makes the most sense.” And the most money.

Very few headlines have been positive regarding Apple’s iPhone 4S since its announcement last week. Possibly the best of which was Business Insiders “Is Apple’s decision to release just an iPhone 4S. not an iPhone 5, a huge disappointment, or just a regular sized disappointment?” Your very own ModMyi even ran an article entitled “Breakdown of iPhone 4S: A Disappointing Analysis?

Comments on the story varied from utter disappointment to “I don’t understand what all the fuss is about.” The mixed bag of opinions vetted by readers is decidedly less lopsided than the media attention Apple has garnered over the past week. Those dissatisfied with Apple’s latest offering seem hung up on the 4S’s identical design to the iPhone 4. Outside of the physical similarities the 4S has some serious upgrades in terms of processing and graphical power, camera capabilities, and of course the lauded Siri Assistant. But, what the critics forgot to realize, Apple is launching the 4S on three U.S. mobile carriers simultaneously for the first time. It only makes sense that more pre-orders would come flocking in as long as Apple didn’t completely drop the baby down the well.

Apple, since Steve Jobs second coming, have exercised an eerie ability to ignore outside criticism and trust their business decisions. Apple seems to be implementing the same product upgrade strategy they did with the iPod and so far it is working out. Every time we the media second guess Apple, they send us home with nice plate of humble pie.

Source: Wired
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

I pre-ordered the iPhone 4S, because this is the last innovation from Steve Jobs...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know it's a dissappointment when it's the first time I'm not interested in upgrading to the newest iPhone. I don't need media to tell me that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    I pre-ordered the iPhone 4S, because this is the last innovation from Steve Jobs...
    Steve has probably influenced the next couple of apple devices because they start designing the next products even before the previous one is released. So i guess you're just going to have to buy iPhone 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I did the same thing for the same reason. I have a iP4 so I really didn't need it but I had an upgrade available so why not.
    Unfortunately I got caught up in the backorder. I hope to get it before I leave the country for a couple weeks in early November.
    Till then I will be checking my order status hourly and anxiously await my new white iPhone 4Steve .

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I did the same thing for the same reason. I have a iP4 so I really didn't need it but I had an upgrade available so why not.
    Unfortunately I got caught up in the backorder. I hope to get it before I leave the country for a couple weeks in early November.
    Till then I will be checking my order status hourly and anxiously await my new white iPhone 4Steve .
    Yeah and I shall wait for mine

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That's not entirely true. I'm sure they have a roadmap of what their products will be for another couple years.

I might be thinking practically, or I'm just holding out hope... :-/

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    That's not entirely true. I'm sure they have a roadmap of what their products will be for another couple years.

I might be thinking practically, or I'm just holding out hope... :-/
    I read an article earlier that said Jobs lined out their products for the next 4 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did Jobs innovation find a fix to the "antennagate" or the bridging of the antenna on this 4S? Is what I want to know.

Thanks

And the iphone 5 will probably shatter this record...

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Did Jobs innovation find a fix to the "antennagate" or the bridging of the antenna on this 4S? Is what I want to know.
    Yeah, they did fixed the antenna....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    And the iphone 5 will probably shatter this record...
    you are soooo right.the i phone 5 will kick azz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a feeling last years record would've been untouched by the 4S if ATT hadn't dropped the ball with their website failing under the high demands.

Thanks

Me too!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I preordered mine cuz I always give my old iPhone to my relatives and I jest get a new one that's how I roll lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't be long before everyone has then same phone. At that point people will start rebelling and it will not be such a hip new company. It's like the mustang, when you see grandmothers and soccer moms driving mustangs they loose their sense of being cool and alternative. All good things come to an end. I just hope Apple keeps their cool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

at&t dropped the ball with my order. i received email confirmation at 4:34am on friday. (my dog woke me up at 4am to go outside so i decided to pre-order) I have the email, but at&t has no record of the order in my account... at all.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ummm......isn't it predictable that it would break the pre-order sales record given the fact that this phone is now available on THREE carriers vs. just one???

And speaking of pre-orders....this is why I just buy the phone in the retail stores.....too many headaches, glitches, dropped balls, unexpected changes and just overall fail involved with pre-ordering.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

What does AT&T give you towards your upgrade assuming its due? Is it like a hundred bucks off or something? My first upgrade is due in November and I'm getting the 64 model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    What does AT&T give you towards your upgrade assuming its due? Is it like a hundred bucks off or something? My first upgrade is due in November and I'm getting the 64 model.
    First time new contracts and regular upgrades basically get $450 off the price of the phone. Early upgraders get $250 off the phone. The 64GB model is normally $849.99 and with $450 or $250 off makes it $399.99 or $599.99 respectively.