+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Released - Full Review

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi Does Facebook (newest update from appstore) work in your notification center?? Mine won't pop up. I have activated it in settings, notification etc. Is there anything else i have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Does Facebook (newest update from appstore) work in your notification center?? Mine won't pop up. I have activated it in settings, notification etc. Is there anything else i have to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed ios 5 GM since its the same.i have a problem about imessage.my friend cant send a text to me.i only receive from imessage.in the settings/messages it says receiving at two adresses.one of them is my number other one is my mail.how can i fix this.i only wanna receive at my mail adress.and i cant erase the number.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

I dont think you can remove the number. Just don't give it out to people, only use the email and set your caller id for iMessage to your email.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

I did that.but still it doesnt work.im not sure who has the problem.my friend uses gevey.do u think thats why? Or is it me that has the problem.i use an unlocked i4.

And i have ios5 GM installed.maybe that caused the problem
    Last edited by fabbuloso; 10-13-2011 at 11:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello. I have a question. I've heard that "If you're upgrading to iOS 5 using a device that's been jailbroken, there's really no other option but to choose Restore." I do have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS (though would love to get rid of the jailbreak). Last time I tried updating my phone to 4.something (the last one before 5) iTunes didn't let me restore it saying, giving me some error (don't remember the number), which stated that the update cannot be performed on devices with unauthorized modification. So I had to downgrade to the version I had before and keep it jailbroken. Does anyone know if the same thing will happen with update to iOS5?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mode edit: removed
    Last edited by Simon; 10-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MINACRISS View Post
    Mode edit: removed
    ok.
    Can we verify this chipin is actually going to George Hotz and not an imposter?

Edit:
    obscured URL, poor grammar, sketchy paypal destination, phishy phishy.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks

Geohot would never ask for donations before releasing a tool. He has always only asked for donations after a release. Definitely a fake.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone else experienced really bad battery life after upgrading to iOS 5? I normally can go 2-3 days without charging after a full change. Today unplugged at 7AM with 100% change resulted in 15% battery as of 7PM. That is horrible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    Has anyone else experienced really bad battery life after upgrading to iOS 5? I normally can go 2-3 days without charging after a full change. Today unplugged at 7AM with 100% change resulted in 15% battery as of 7PM. That is horrible.
    Yes, i definitely have

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iCloud multi device problem
    I love any Apple product and consider myself slightly intelligent, but obviously not enough to resolve the iCloud/Dervice problems.

I have an iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro

My wife has an iPhone 3GS, iPad (1st gen) and an iPod (IOS5 update not available)

We have 1 iTunes account which is used for all out purchace's, for music, apps etc.....

We have our contacts on the macBook, under debs contacts and Ste's contacts, so they stay separate.

1. How do I get iCloud to upload my wife's apps, music, etc.....to her devices only, including contacts?

2. When you plug/iCloud your contacts how do you get the iPhone to take priority i.e I update a contact on my phone, which I always do and have it overwrite the one on my Mac. The same for my wife, if she updates a contact on her phone, how to get it automatically update on the devices/macbook?

I hope I've explained it clear enough. basically i don't want my wires contacts, music, apps, etc going onto my phone and the same with my stuff; but I do not want a separate iTunes account.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    I'm not seeing it either.
    I ran into this same problem earlier with my iPhone 4. Had to put my phone into DFU mode to get it to do an upgrade. I think I hit restore and it always defaults to downloading the most current iOS firmware. Give that a try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm using iphone 4 and i have upgrade to ios 5..the problem here is, if i switch oof or reboot my iphone..the cydia wont function..and i have to use redsn0w 0.9.9b7 to BOOT it again...n after about 2 weeks using it when i download some stuff from cydia..my apps like MESSAGE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER and more do not work, when i clik on the facebook icon it just respring my ipnone n my iphone were in safe mode n i have to restart it again..someone know how to fixed it pllzz reply me ASAP..

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syafiq Pent View Post
    i'm using iphone 4 and i have upgrade to ios 5..the problem here is, if i switch oof or reboot my iphone..the cydia wont function..and i have to use redsn0w 0.9.9b7 to BOOT it again...n after about 2 weeks using it when i download some stuff from cydia..my apps like MESSAGE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER and more do not work, when i clik on the facebook icon it just respring my ipnone n my iphone were in safe mode n i have to restart it again..someone know how to fixed it pllzz reply me ASAP..
    Try using the newer Redsn0w 0.9.9b8. Maybe that will help.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456