+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Released - Full Review

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I still dont like iMessage rather silly:SexyParrot:
    Thanks

I still dont like iMessage rather silly:SexyParrot:

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IOs GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDude View Post
    As the article says - most likely all these features will be released with at like 1PM EST. Some features like the iMessanger are not iPhone compatible only iPad and iPod. Other features like the update for iTunes you can do yourself by apple.com/itunes. I was on the beta 7 for itunes and it didnt recognize the final version. Just download directly and install. As for the OS update to 10.7.2 its probably at 1PM EST

I have the Ios5 GM version. do you think itunes gonna inform for any update. or am i going to do it manually ?i just wanna upgrade it no matter what .GM is not the latest version right ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirDude View Post
    As the article says - most likely all these features will be released with at like 1PM EST. Some features like the iMessanger are not iPhone compatible only iPad and iPod. Other features like the update for iTunes you can do yourself by apple.com/itunes. I was on the beta 7 for itunes and it didnt recognize the final version. Just download directly and install. As for the OS update to 10.7.2 its probably at 1PM EST
    Um iMessanger is compatible with the iPhone. Not sure where you got your info from but it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    I have the Ios5 GM version. do you think itunes gonna inform for any update. or am i going to do it manually ?i just wanna upgrade it no matter what .GM is not the latest version right ?
    i would also like to know this?? on gm too. also....anyone know about lion 10.7.2???

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always wanted to seamlessly back up my saved game data so if/when I delete a game and then want to reinstall it I get my saved data back.Does iOS5 do this?And I want seemless integration between iOS and Lion. I want to be able to add a "To Do" in Lion and it show up in my to do list on my iPhone. Sometimes its faster to do stuff on a laptop or computer instead of do it on the phone... yes i4S has Siri... but what about when I'm in the library studying for a test?Do we have a "To Do" app for Mac to coincide with iOS5's?I also would love twitter to be seamless across platforms - I would like my Mac to tell my iPHone what tweets I have read and what tweets are new and visa versa. Does iOS5 do that?thanxtim

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

"We are really enthusiastic about iMessage because it will bring communications to more iOS owners without any kind of monthly costs."So can imessage replace my messaging plan?? Well no ADDITIONAL monthly cost but if it uses 3G data then it is eating up part of your data plan! How much data does 15k messages use??? I'ld like to stop paying $30 monthly for unlimited messaging!

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't the beta of 10.7.2 just put out?

And GM is the latest until iOS 5 is officially released today.

No one knows what time. Email Tim Cook.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been on the Golden Master for a week, and the reminders app has yet to actually send me a notification to remind me after I set it. Also the camera and photos app don't have any editing functions? If the golden master is what's sent out to be released, does that mean only the 4s gets these features, not my iPhone4?

Patient Guys The Update is Coming ...
    Have a CUP Of Coffee ...

Moonshadow (The New JailBreaker On The Block)

Patient Guys The Update is Coming ... Have a CUP Of Coffee ... Moonshadow (The New JailBreaker On The Block)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bish0p34 View Post
    I've been on the Golden Master for a week, and the reminders app has yet to actually send me a notification to remind me after I set it. Also the camera and photos app don't have any editing functions? If the golden master is what's sent out to be released, does that mean only the 4s gets these features, not my iPhone4?
    no....i done it on iphone 4 and i got the features...jus not the 'cards' app which was ment o be with ios5....everything else was there....find my friends wasnt either

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Great review, thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    "We are really enthusiastic about iMessage because it will bring communications to more iOS owners without any kind of monthly costs."So can imessage replace my messaging plan?? Well no ADDITIONAL monthly cost but if it uses 3G data then it is eating up part of your data plan! How much data does 15k messages use??? I'ld like to stop paying $30 monthly for unlimited messaging!
    You should only be paying $20 for unlimited messaging. And this would only be a viable option if you ONLY text people with iOS devices.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Its $30 for family unlimited. So if all were iPhones and all your friends had iPhones, yes it could save $30.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    Your gonna have to put your phone in dfu mode then iTunes will recognize your phone in recovery mode. Then that's hen you restore and update to iOS 5. (you have to restore btw) you can't update to iOS5 when your already on iOS 5. So Dfu then restore and update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so is unlock ganna be available for this ios on 3gs ??? or have to wait for unlock ?? any1 know about it ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

THE BIG QUESTION THAT I DON'T SEE ANYONE ADDRESSING: What effect does iCloud sync, backup, and iTunes match have on our cellular data plans? If I have a 1GB or 3GB monthly limit, should I even CONSIDER iCloud? Or does it then become simply a matter of iCould, if the carriers weren't going to milk me dry.... This is my biggest concern, and until I have a truly unlimited data plan for a reasonable price (ie. not $100/ month - which is the same I would pay for a year of 55GB of storage on iCloud).

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    so is unlock ganna be available for this ios on 3gs ??? or have to wait for unlock ?? any1 know about it ?
    Yeah @musclenerd has already tweeted that ultrasn0w is in the works of being updated for iOS 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Your gonna have to put your phone in dfu mode then iTunes will recognize your phone in recovery mode. Then that's hen you restore and update to iOS 5. (you have to restore btw) you can't update to iOS5 when your already on iOS 5. So Dfu then restore and update.
    so how would i do this?