+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: i0n1c Confirms iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak is On The Way

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pEAcEmAKeR99 iOS5 is beautiful even without a jailbreak. Eh, not so much. I held off trying any of the BETA's but loaded up the GM version last
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pEAcEmAKeR99 View Post
    iOS5 is beautiful even without a jailbreak.
    Eh, not so much. I held off trying any of the BETA's but loaded up the GM version last week and while I think the OS is good it still lacks alot for me. The notifications have improved but still could use some work, newsstand, and iMessage is pointless, the updates to Safari I have yet to see any benefits, the same goes for the updates to Mail. I did the tethered jailbreak to my phone last week but went back since none of the apps were working which was to be expected but I had to check just in case. Can't wait for an untheathed jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

I was Gunna upgrade anyways but now I know that a untethered jb is close I'm stoked to get my other tweaks back as soon as they figure it out. I have spent a lot of Cydia apps. I will miss them even if just for a little while.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How many new tweaks will come out for iOS 5 in the future? OVER 9000!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachws View Post
    For the record 3GS old bootrom has been untethered for weeks
    Really? May you post a source indicating this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 240v View Post
    U genius hackers! I must say U guys r wat drives this jail teaming community! Keep it up guys!
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Can't wait to put iOS 5 on my phone!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JE78 View Post
    Eh, not so much. I held off trying any of the BETA's but loaded up the GM version last week and while I think the OS is good it still lacks alot for me. The notifications have improved but still could use some work, newsstand, and iMessage is pointless, the updates to Safari I have yet to see any benefits, the same goes for the updates to Mail. I did the tethered jailbreak to my phone last week but went back since none of the apps were working which was to be expected but I had to check just in case. Can't wait for an untheathed jailbreak.
    Why do you say iMessage is pointless? If it means my wife and I can text each other for free without using 3rd party buggy software, then I'm all for it. The stock SMS app runs soooo much better than any other messaging app I've tried and used (WhatsApp, Ping Chat), and we can't afford more than the 200 text/month plan.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Why do you say iMessage is pointless? If it means my wife and I can text each other for free without using 3rd party buggy software, then I'm all for it. The stock SMS app runs soooo much better than any other messaging app I've tried and used (WhatsApp, Ping Chat), and we can't afford more than the 200 text/month plan.
    Fully agree. iMeassage has been great for me. Being international I am able to speak to people in other countries the same way I would text people where I live. No third party app offering the same has been as smooth and easy to use as iMessage.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 685 Posts

Terrific, take your time with appreciate all you guys do. I look forward to iOS5 JB.

Thanks

Default +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JE78 View Post
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will wait for the untethered JB that uses custom firmware to preserve my baseband. And hopefully create an updated version of ultrasn0w. I hear that the JB's won't be working on trying to crack the locked basebands (2.10 and above) since there will be unlocked phones for sale. But I hope they will keep updating the tools for the iPhone 4 users who still are fortunate to have 1.59.00.

Thank God for the jailbreakers! May they keep up the great work for us all.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Once again Thank You Dev Team for your efforts, I appreciate what you do.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Once again Thank You Dev Team for your efforts, I appreciate what you do.
    Not Muscle Nerd but GreenPois0n 

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123