Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings Updated For iOS 5 Compatibility

Thanks

Default SBSettings Updated For iOS 5 Compatibility

The folks over at BigBoss recently released an updated version of SBSettings that is compatible with iOS 5 that I highly recommend for everyone! I personally feel that SBSettings should be on everyone’s list of must-have jailbreak apps as it makes adjusting settings on the fly extremely convenient. Furthermore, if you have enough knowledge, you can even create your own custom toggles for SBSettings as well, that can be installed and accessed by users from Cydia.

The new version of SBSettings for iOS 5 includes the following new features and improvements:

- Notification center integration
    - Your choice of using the old style window or the notification center. Or both.
    - You choose which toggles to appear in notification and window sections.
    - Current sbsettings toggles should be supported. Current themes should work in notification area as well.
    - You get to choose what will show up in notification section. More button row, no more button row, the extra text, no extra text, the dock, the toggles, no toggles at all, or any combination of. The notification area is a limited screen resources so it’s up to you to decide how you want it used.

The developers behind the app at BigBoss have mentioned that they are working on the app and hope to complete it before the official release of iOS 5 on October 12th. For those of you who are interested in trying out the beta version of the app, you can do so by adding the following to your repository list in Cydia:

The main update this version has in store is the iOS 5 Notification Center integration. Some of you may already know and for those of you who don’t, Activator doesn’t work very well with iOS 5 as it interferes with Notification Center. Activator also happened to be a big part of SBSettings and how it was integrated into iOS previously. For those of you who knew this, you probably already knew that installing Activator or anything that came with it packaged caused issues with iOS 5 previously, but this package (although it includes Activator) will work just fine. If you do decide to download it, just remember to turn it on by going to Settings > Notifications > SBSettings and then turning it “ON.”

I’d highly recommend giving it a go for anyone who is currently on iOS 5 as it integrates very nicely with the Notification Center and provides a handful of new settings and improvements. Once you get to give it a shot, let us know what you think in the comments below!

Source: BigBoss

Yes!!!!!!! Jailbreak iOS rules any other OS! Apple should pay these dude some money for their work cuz many people have their iphones jailbroken nd its the only reason they would have an iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

It works real well

I have been using for a few days. Not one issue since

been using it for weeks its just pub now...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    been using it for weeks its just pub now...
    It is pretty sweet.
    Just what one would expect from it, except in newer form.

Thanks

The app as mentioned is integrated very nicely into iOS 5's Notification Center but I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else, my YouTube icon went blank simultaneously with the installation of this tweak. I really have no idea why it would do that, it just did LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    The app as mentioned is integrated very nicely into iOS 5's Notification Center but I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else, my YouTube icon went blank simultaneously with the installation of this tweak. I really have no idea why it would do that, it just did LOL.

How you got ios 5 already? May sound like a noob question lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Loko914 View Post
    Developers have had iOS 5 betas for a while now. Last tuesday apple dropped the gm ( gold master ) edition. Which now everyone can update too. ( if you need unlock tho stay away) it is a tether jb as well
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loko914 View Post
    iOS 5 GM - recently seeded to developers.

You may or may not be able to google the IPSW - it is a tethered JB though as of right now, just fyi.

You may or may not be able to google the IPSW - it is a tethered JB though as of right now, just fyi.
    Beat ya

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Developers have had iOS 5 betas for a while now. Last tuesday apple dropped the gm ( gold master ) edition. Which now everyone can update too. ( if you need unlock tho stay away) it is a tether jb as well
    Oh ok thanx.

Np

Yea i'll wait till its untethered. Thanx for the info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Beat ya
    Damn Cowboy, you've got the quicker guns!

...and by guns I mean fingers (referring to your typing speed).

I just thought it would be really cool to say that (considering your username and all).

LOL!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

That looks awesome! I would def change the theme from the stock one, maybe someobody will make something to match iOS a little better? The integration really what i was hoping for and it looks like they did it! Can't wait to upgrade to iOS5!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    That looks awesome! I would def change the theme from the stock one, maybe someobody will make something to match iOS a little better? The integration really what i was hoping for and it looks like they did it! Can't wait to upgrade to iOS5!
    there are other themes that came with it
    I can post what some of them look like if you want

havent seen that one...
    i have had some glitches with it having extra boxes and no stuff other than toggles (but that was an older version)

Great post. I've been running sbsettings stable on iOS 5 with no problem for the past week but it's always nice to catch up with the state of development. My question is, does this activator upgrade fix backgrounder compatibility with the new OS? I would try it but it sent me into a recovery loop last time and I'm not eager to repeat that process. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachws View Post
    Great post. I've been running sbsettings stable on iOS 5 with no problem for the past week but it's always nice to catch up with the state of development. My question is, does this activator upgrade fix backgrounder compatibility with the new OS? I would try it but it sent me into a recovery loop last time and I'm not eager to repeat that process. Thanks
    I dont believe activator will be fixed till the official ios 5 release. So the answer is no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast