Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: iPhone Cydia App 'iGotYa' Catches iPhone Thief

but the person who steals the phone doesnt necessarily know the app is on!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Am I doing it wrong?

Am I doing it wrong?

http://modmyi.com/attachment.php?att...1&d=1318188735
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by jerthepyouts; 10-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerthepyouts View Post
    Am I doing it wrong?
    Since it was removed from the App Store - courtesy of a commenter to provide news links, it won't appear in the App Store anymore. If you had it before it was removed, or you are running a pirated version from **********, then it would probably be on your home screen, huh?

Default much much better tracking app
    The free app "BigBrother" on the AppStore does exactly the same thing. It exists for a very long time and I'm sure it's even better than the cydia one.
    The absolute best app for tracking your phone. https://www.cylay.com/r58124
    It does both camera captures, record from your mic, get gps data, lock your phone, get sim card info even if changed out, get dialed numbers, get all texts forwarded, etc...

well worth the yearly fee.
    They constantly update and add features

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    It does both camera captures, record from your mic, get gps data, lock your phone, get sim card info even if changed out, get dialed numbers, get all texts forwarded, etc...

I've used this. I absolutely love Cylay.

My friend had his iPhone stolen and identified the person in a similar way, but instead of a jailbreak tweak, the thief took a picture of himself with the phone in a mirror and sent it through the mail app. So my friend was checking his email and finds the guy's picture in his sent box. It was the funniest thing in the world!

In your face Mr. "I'm gonna steal iPhones" - BOOYA! Now you are gonna get raped over and over and my tax dollars are gonna fund it.

Is there a real thief at the pic?.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Yes that is actually the real thief in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post

What about if the thief make a restore thru iTunes ?

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Yes that's the guy

Thats awesome to hear, $5.99 well spent and paid for itself already. I guess we all know what the next IOS update feature of find my iphone app will be.

But what if some idiot lost his phone and then you simply found it? Its human nature to be curious so anyone would try to unlock the phone to see whats in it or to find contact info to return it to its owner.You'r not a thief. Also what if you look like a wanted criminal. You have to go through drama just for them to find you're innocent. I have a like/dislike feeling for this app :/

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    But what if some idiot lost his phone and then you simply found it? Its human nature to be curious so anyone would try to unlock the phone to see whats in it or to find contact info to return it to its owner.You'r not a thief. Also what if you look like a wanted criminal. You have to go through drama just for them to find you're innocent. I have a like/dislike feeling for this app :/
    You're not a 'criminal' just because it takes your photo. The man who's photo was taken attacked the women to steal her phone. That is a crime. On top of that he was a wanted man.

If you're fooling around with your friend's device and it takes your picture, or you find someone's iPhone and it takes your picture, simply returning the device to the owner will make you an innocent person.

Since it was removed from the App Store - courtesy of a commenter to provide news links, it won't appear in the App Store anymore. If you had it before it was removed, or you are running a pirated version from **********, then it would probably be on your home screen, huh?
    no i actually got it for free on the appstore like a year ago or more. If it's not on the appstore anymore, wich is the case, cause i checked, it's not even in the caandian appstore...so people could just get it but transfering it from a perosns itunes wich has it or just download the cydia version!

Am I doing it wrong?

Yeah you are! You aren't doing it in **********!

Thanks

Epic WIN!

I mite be wrong but how useful will the app be if u turn off location service and just restore/ wipe the phone?? Guessing u won't be finding that person!

I usually prefer Cydia apps but "Device Locator" (canadian Appstore, and i would guess US too) is very well done and works perfectly. Lots of features...

Default EMailed igotya dev
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    That's cool
    FYI I bought this tweak and was fiddling around with it, it works great but could have better functionality so have sent this email below to the developer

Hi there,
    I just purchased your tweak for two of my iphones, very cool!!

I was wondering if you can help me out by adding a little more functionality to your tweak

The problem I have is if my device enters secure mode (as the passcode is incorrectly entered twice) there is no option for the phone to then AUTOMATICALLY send out its position and a picture.

This seems a bit strange considering the iPhone would be in the hands of a thief or someone who has picked up my phone, The only way to get a photo etc sent to my email address is for the person to push the power button.

So are you able to add in the settings the ability to enable photo/location to be sent automatically when the phone enters Secure mode?

The other small issue I have is with the "on failed unlock code entered"

If I enable the picture/acquire location option's here, EVERYTIME I myself enter the incorrect passcode, it will send a email of myself to myself.......

My thinking is if my phone is stolen, let it go into secure mode after 2 failed attempts at the passcode, then once it is in this mode it will automatically send a location and picture to me as the thief is looking through my apps

Also I have discovered if the phone is locked, holding the power button and the home button at the same time will restart the phone, maybe you can get it to send out the info if these buttons are pushed too

What do you think?

Cheers

FYI ......Also I tested that when the phone is in secure mode FIND MY IPHONE still works.

With Cylay you can take pictures on demand from both cameras.

edit
    Nevermind that lol

The free app "BigBrother" on the AppStore does exactly the same thing. It exists for a very long time and I'm sure it's even better than the cydia one.
    Have you forgotten that this article is about how the Cydia one actually worked? Not sure how much better you can get than "did exactly what it's supposed to"

(not to mention, how can an App Store app access your camera from the lock screen?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast