+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Initial iPhone 4S Supplies Run Dry, Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you haven’t already pre-ordered an iPhone 4S , then you probably aren’t going to get one on October 14, when they officially go on sale. Apple now shows ship
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Initial iPhone 4S Supplies Run Dry, Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

If you haven’t already pre-ordered an iPhone 4S, then you probably aren’t going to get one on October 14, when they officially go on sale. Apple now shows ship times of 1-2 weeks for every iPhone 4S configuration.

The iPhone 4S pre-sale has been going on for approximately 24 hours and it now seems likely that Apple’s initial supply may have run dry for the moment. High demand is sure to keep supplies tight for the foreseeable future.

In the past, Apple has updated the iPhone every 12 months or so. The last iPhone update came 16 months ago and rumors of a new model have been running rampant ever since.

Many people were let down when Time Cook unveiled the new iPhone 4S. For a time, it seemed that Apple might release two new models this year, but those rumors turned out to be false. Despite some members of the media being disappointed with the new iPhone 4S, most people seem happy with the new features being introduced with this model.

Apple is set to turn the iPhone into an intelligent assistant with Siri when the iPhone 4S is released next week. Siri demonstrations appear to be very impressive and the voice recognition technology seems to work flawlessly. We’ll see if Siri is as accurate in the real world. If you’re lucky and don’t mind long lines, you might be able to find an iPhone 4S at an Apple Store next Wednesday. Good Luck.

Source: Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wednesday would only be the 12th? doesnt it come out next friday. Is it just me or is apples website so standard you cant even have a mailing address (different to your home address)? with the company being worth in the 100's of billions you would expect there website to be a bit more comprehensive

Thanks

Who's TIME COOK?

Edit: Misspelling error.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

My bad, yes the iPhone 4S is coming out next Friday, not Wednesday. The pre-sale started on a Wednesday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    My bad, yes the iPhone 4S is coming out next Friday, not Wednesday. The pre-sale started on a Wednesday.
    It's cool dawg.
    Are you going to get the new iPhone 4s? Personally I'm just going to wait next year and besides, I know I can last one more year with my iPhone 4
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

I could last too, but why wait when there are available upgrades on the family plan?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Who's TIME COOK?

Edit: Misspelling error.
    LOL, you beat me to it...
    Anyhow, I can see how disappointed everyone was. I thought we were all going to pass on this one. Am I the only one that jumped from AT&T to Sprint??? I'm a little worried...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    LOL, you beat me to it...
    Anyhow, I can see how disappointed everyone was. I thought we were all going to pass on this one. Am I the only one that jumped from AT&T to Sprint??? I'm a little worried...
    I'm staying on AT&T and will NOT be getting the iPhone 4s because there's just no point in getting it when it's not much of an upgrade. I can understand if you have an iPhone 3Gs or below but not with an iPhone 4. Will wait until a new design will emerge next year
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered the iP4S on AT&T's website roughly at 4:30am yesterday. I checked the order status to see when it was going to ship. Now it shows as back ordered. Not sure if this will affect the receive date. Anyone else have something different?

Thanks

It is going to show back ordered because AT&T doesn't actually have any in stock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

i ordered from at&t's website as soon as possible and mine says backordered too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I ordered the iP4S on AT&T's website roughly at 4:30am yesterday. I checked the order status to see when it was going to ship. Now it shows as back ordered. Not sure if this will affect the receive date. Anyone else have something different?
    Just checked mine and it says for delivery on the 14th.

Thanks

So they run out of iPhones even before they start taking pre orders in Canada...
    Glad to know you care about us apple, this is gonna end up like last year when I had to call 30 Rogers stores every day for 2 months to get one
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I'm staying on AT&T and will NOT be getting the iPhone 4s because there's just no point in getting it when it's not much of an upgrade. I can understand if you have an iPhone 3Gs or below but not with an iPhone 4. Will wait until a new design will emerge next year
    Not much of an upgrade?! What the heck! Clearly you didn't watch the keynote. What wasn't upgraded besides the design?

Thanks

Will apple never bloody learn!!! Half a decade later and they still Don't have the braincells to think their phones will do well and make enough to go around on launch? After all these months between what SHOULD have been this iPhones release and they STILL haven't made enough? What a useless bunch of morons! Am i the only one annoyed by this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Good thing I ordered from Apple directly instead of AT&T. I Still have a delivery date for the 14th and this time I'm buying a case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Will apple never bloody learn!!! Half a decade later and they still Don't have the braincells to think their phones will do well and make enough to go around on launch? After all these months between what SHOULD have been this iPhones release and they STILL haven't made enough? What a useless bunch of morons! Am i the only one annoyed by this?
    yes. apparently so

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How did initial supplies run dry? Didn't they order millions of these phones from the manufacturers? Didn't Apple hire MULTIPLE companies to build this phone instead of just Foxconn?

lol. Apple is playing you people like a fiddle.

This is intentional supply shortage at its finest yet again.
    Last edited by RICO_; 10-08-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks

alllriiite. just got my confirmation email from at&t. im in booiii!! sorry but im pretty hyped. still got a 3gs and am lookin forward to a new phone. i got a ga-lazy S and at this point id almost pay someone to take it.

Thanks

Guys, I went to Best Buy to pre-order mine and they said that even though I'm putting 50 bucks down and pre-ordering, I'm not guaranteed the iPhone on launch. My ticket says that mine will be available for pickup on 10/31. They are selling the iPhone first come first serve on launch date, so if you didn't get time to pre-order from Apple, go stand in line at Best Buy!