Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Initial iPhone 4S Supplies Run Dry, Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    Thanks. I've only owned an iPhone since the 4, I wasn't positive. I didn't want to wait for 12 hours and not be sure. I wanted to preorder but didn't have the $$$ at the time.
    Everyone else in your situation will be out there standing in line so get there EARLY Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Everyone else in your situation will be out there standing in line so get there EARLY Good luck!
    For sure. Last year I camped out just so I could get in early to pick up and activate; I managed to be 5th in line out of nearly 1000 at the Cherry Hill Mall in NJ. I'm gonna try the same timing this year, if not earlier.

MINES IS being prepared for shipment =D the status update was changed a few hours ago i changed my order from atnt to apple the next day THANK GOD!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Will apple never bloody learn!!! Half a decade later and they still Don't have the braincells to think their phones will do well and make enough to go around on launch? After all these months between what SHOULD have been this iPhones release and they STILL haven't made enough? What a useless bunch of morons! Am i the only one annoyed by this?
    I don't see how you think they didn't plan for this. Do you not think producing close to 1.5 million units a week is good enough? ( I'm pretty sure about that number, I mat be off a little though) With launching on three carriers, in multiple countries, at the same time, just how long did you expect for the stockpile to last? That and you have to take into account god knows how many units they are shipping to every apple store in America, and att, and Verizon, and sprint. Just how quickly do you think they can make these things AND keep up with demand on all of their other products?

Quote Originally Posted by buttrr76 View Post
    actually its not apple who is not letting you change your shipping address it is your phone carrier. for security reason they only allow you to ship your phone to your billing address that way you can't say you didn't get your phone. it shows this on the att website if you read the fine print. just like you i wanted to ship the phone to my work, so i could get my phone during the day and not wait until i got home
    I wanted that as well and figured out how. I just changes my billing address to my work address for the time being and once I get my phone, I'll change it back. The system updates live and as soon as I changed it on att site, apple got the new shipping address.
    Last edited by cory; 10-09-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks

I dont understand people saying that us in the UK have to wait 1-2 weeks after launch day. I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Orange UK and rang them today after reading this story and they have told me that "They know how many they are getting for launch on the 14th and that i am in the first batch to receive mine on the 14th". I got the lady on the phone to check this with her supervisor and she said 100% i will get my 4S on launch day!!! So happy days here :-)

People need to stop getting so frustrated with the pre-ordering. Clearly they have a lot of phones at the ready. if they let 100% of their phones to be pre-ordered then there would be none in the stores. They also have to supply many countries. Limiting supply is a way to increase demand, people are going to want it either way so it won't stop them from buying it in the long run. I personally do not like to pre-order because what makes the release of apple products so great is the formation of lines outside the stores. Its a great experience and i personally would rather wait around with other apple fans than click a button on the computer and wait for it to be delivered

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    How did initial supplies run dry? Didn't they order millions of these phones from the manufacturers? Didn't Apple hire MULTIPLE companies to build this phone instead of just Foxconn?

lol. Apple is playing you people like a fiddle.

This is intentional supply shortage at its finest yet again.

We all know this is Apple's trick to hype the newest product, whatever it may be... I'm still holding out for the iPhone XL

Every launch is the same, Apple holds back the supply to keep the interest and hype up as long as they can!! Long lines everywhere for as long as possible makes Apple look more desireable and helps to peak interest longer. It has been successful for them in the past and they will continue to do it, those sneaky Bastards...

Does anyone know what service AT&T will be shipping the iPhones 4S? AT&T used my previous address to ship the iPhone, and when I called AT&T they said that it would have to contact whichever service my tracking number says. If it's ups or fedex then I can have it held, but I don't know if i can do this with USPS. I only live a few blocks from my old address, but it's an apartment complex and I don't want to have the fight the current residents for my package. I only live a block away from my post office, so I would much eager just have it held. I also moved in March and did a change of address, would they still forward a package to my new address? Thanks for help in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwatson301 View Post
    Does anyone know what service AT&T will be shipping the iPhones 4S? AT&T used my previous address to ship the iPhone, and when I called AT&T they said that it would have to contact whichever service my tracking number says. If it's ups or fedex then I can have it held, but I don't know if i can do this with USPS. I only live a few blocks from my old address, but it's an apartment complex and I don't want to have the fight the current residents for my package. I only live a block away from my post office, so I would much eager just have it held. I also moved in March and did a change of address, would they still forward a package to my new address? Thanks for help in advance!
    It will either be UPS or FedEx. You won't know until you get a tracking number though who they decided to use.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping it's one of those, because I can just have them hold it. I think if it's shipped USPS, then I think it will be a bit hard to have them hold it.

when it says "ships by oct 14" does that mean we received by 14th?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kent0t View Post
    when it says "ships by oct 14" does that mean we received by 14th?
    No it means it will be loaded for delivery on that date, not delivered. But you should still get it on the 14th, i just think they are covering thereselves by saying that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwatson301 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping it's one of those, because I can just have them hold it. I think if it's shipped USPS, then I think it will be a bit hard to have them hold it.
    My friend, she got her iPhone thru AT&T and they shipped it via USPS so maybe it's the same for you.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123