Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Initial iPhone 4S Supplies Run Dry, Now Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    Good thing I ordered from Apple directly instead of AT&T. I Still have a delivery date for the 14th and this time I'm buying a case.
    Where are you seeing a delivery date? I received an email shortly after placing my order and it states the 14th for delivery too, but checking the order status on their website it shows backordered. I'm going to call them.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    How did initial supplies run dry? Didn't they order millions of these phones from the manufacturers? Didn't Apple hire MULTIPLE companies to build this phone instead of just Foxconn?

lol. Apple is playing you people like a fiddle.

This is intentional supply shortage at its finest yet again.
    Before I waste my time explaining how ridiculous your claims are... how old are you?

How did initial supplies run dry? Didn't they order millions of these phones from the manufacturers? Didn't Apple hire MULTIPLE companies to build this phone instead of just Foxconn?

American isn't the only country where people buy iphones
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Im sure most of you already know about this.. But for those who dont.. You can pre-order at Radioshack right now too + Trade in your old iphone for some credit towards your iPhone 4S.. So if you havent pre-ordered.. Go ahead and get your iPhone..

Time Cook: In a world where one man must travel through time to deliver his jaw dropping pastry delights while kicking *** along the way. That man is Steven Sagal. That man... is TIME COOK!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I called our nearest AT&T store and they said they expect to have quite a few on hand the 14th, first come first served. We plan on getting there at least 12 hours ahead of opening, hopefully that will be enough time to get a good place in line.

Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
    I called our nearest AT&T store and they said they expect to have quite a few on hand the 14th, first come first served. We plan on getting there at least 12 hours ahead of opening, hopefully that will be enough time to get a good place in line.
    Have fun

Thanks
    I pre-ordered my 4s at around 3:15a central time Oct. 7. I later got an email saying that delivery is expected on the 14th. This morning (Oct. 8) I got an email stating:MARK STAFFORD, Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment. Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time.We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.Thank you, AT&T

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seb.. View Post
    wednesday would only be the 12th? doesnt it come out next friday. Is it just me or is apples website so standard you cant even have a mailing address (different to your home address)? with the company being worth in the 100's of billions you would expect there website to be a bit more comprehensive

actually its not apple who is not letting you change your shipping address it is your phone carrier. for security reason they only allow you to ship your phone to your billing address that way you can't say you didn't get your phone. it shows this on the att website if you read the fine print. just like you i wanted to ship the phone to my work, so i could get my phone during the day and not wait until i got home
    Last edited by buttrr76; 10-08-2011 at 04:50 PM.

i first ordered from atnt at 5 am or so had a issue with my card due to some security issue and my orders was cancelled,i re ordered around 12 pm est via apple.com and thank god i did,delivery on the 14 on my order status.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

1-2 weeks for the UK as well, I remember last year when after ONE DAY, it went to 2-3 weeks for the UK, I guess Apple have more stock this year!

Anyone who pre-ordered from Apple get shipping status yet? I checked my orders and they still say processing....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Anyone who pre-ordered from Apple get shipping status yet? I checked my orders and they still say processing....
    If it's anything like every other pre-order it will show shipped Wed or Thursday of next week. The tracking information will not update or be accurate until the morning it leaves the local facility. Apple doesn't want people to know where billions of dollars worth of their products are sitting for some reason.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I ordered the iP4S on AT&T's website roughly at 4:30am yesterday. I checked the order status to see when it was going to ship. Now it shows as back ordered. Not sure if this will affect the receive date. Anyone else have something different?
    My order said not eligible to return or cancel processing to shipment

Green Apple
    Thanks

do you realize apple is selling the phone on 3 different carriers in the us? also the phone is selling in 3 different countries right now. and att alone had 200,000 preorders in only 24 hours and not including the 2 other carriers plus apples pre orders... how would they be able to keep up with the demand? its not like they have been building iphone 4s for the last 16 months... they really only building the damn thing for the last 3 months... and yes... i preorder and yess i stayed up all night and got my preorder through at 3 am through apple website.. sooooo... u mad bro....

Thanks

iPhone 4S pre-orders may have topped 500,000 in the U.S. before Apple ran out - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

This is another good article which illustrates how difficult it is for Apple to keep up with demand. Another important factor is that Apple has to keep enough stock to ship to thousands of Apple stores, thousand of AT&T stores, thousands of Verizon stores, thousands of Sprint stores and thousands of Best Buy stores for launch day inventory! And that's just for the USA! Pre-order phones were a very tiny amount of the phones Apple manufactured for launch. They also have to reserve some for the other countries which will get the phone in a couple weeks. One other thing no one seems to realize is they are still making millions of iPhone 4's and 3GS' along side the iPhone 4S. They didn't just shut down the other assembly lines and start making the 4S. They have to make millions of 3 different models simultaneously.

@RICO.... would you rather have had Apple wait another few months to build up inventory before launch? Oh wait.. then you'd just sit around and complain about how they can't get their stuff together in time anyway. You're on the list of "no win" people.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Will they have a small supply for in-store first-comers?

Thanks

Of course they will. Apple stores will have lots (hundreds)... carrier stores will have less.. Best Buy is hit or miss... sometimes they have lots and other times only a handful of each model.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Deja vu...
    [sarcasm]How could they have run out? It's just a big iPod, who would want that? FAIL!... oh wait, wrong iDevice.[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by luvmytj; 10-08-2011 at 07:00 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Of course they will. Apple stores will have lots (hundreds)... carrier stores will have less.. Best Buy is hit or miss... sometimes they have lots and other times only a handful of each model.
    Thanks. I've only owned an iPhone since the 4, I wasn't positive. I didn't want to wait for 12 hours and not be sure. I wanted to preorder but didn't have the $$$ at the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast