Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S On Route To Be Apple's Most Successful Launch Ever

Thanks

Default iPhone 4S On Route To Be Apple's Most Successful Launch Ever

According to a report by Reuters, the iPhone 4S is far from a disappointment as it continues to see more promising sales than any other iPhone before. It is being reported that AT&T is seeing “extraordinary demand” for the iPhone 4S which was available for preorder earlier today. The wireless carrier revealed that the company has seen over 200,000 preorders for the iPhone 4S in the first 12 hours of the sale alone.

One has to take into consideration that this is 200,000 preorders in the first 12 hours for just AT&T. This year, the iPhone 4S has been released on Verizon and Sprint as well, who haven’t revealed their numbers as of yet. Even though the iPhone 4S is currently being sold amongst three carriers, AT&T has mentioned that this is "the most successful iPhone launch we’ve ever had".

Furthermore, Apple is also accepting iPhone 4S preorders in multiple countries outside of the United States as well, including Australia, Canada, Japan, and the United Kingdom. Once numbers from these countries come in, it seems to be inevitable that the iPhone 4S will be the most successful iPhone yet.

According to the folks over at MacRumors, Apple last year saw 600,000 iPhone 4 preorders in the first day across all carriers and five countries (including the US, France, Germany, Japan, and the UK). With 200,000 preorders for AT&T in the United States alone Apple is on the way to see the highest sales it has yet. What’s even more ironic is that this number comes in after the many issues customers saw last night at 12:01 AM Pacific time when trying to preorder their iPhone 4S.

What do you think of the sales? It seems to be pretty ironic that after many people complained about being disappointed, sales seem to be this high. Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!

Source: CNET, MacRumors, Reuters

I still don't think it's going to create as long of a line as the iPad 2. I just don't feel that same need it or gotta have mentality with this one as it did with the iPhone 4.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate to say it but Steve's passing away will have increased sales.I didn't want iPhone 4S but after seeing how much I miss Steve when I didn't even personally know him makes me think i should get the phone as dual cores, 8mp camera n Siri will be sweet.

Apple knew this all along, that is why they didn't give a rat's a** about how "disappointing" some people felt about the launch..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes I a little disipointment that apple came back with the same model, but like my self I like to keep that tradision going sent the first to the last iphone apple and AT&T will get reacher in my account ( the only iPhone I sleep was the 3GS didn't fell the need of that phone) beside they can complaint all they want ones you own one iPhone is not turning back I have friend they live the iPhone for android and there back to the iPhone. I love my iPhone and I always will. (still have all 3 model won't sale them for nothing at this moment I use them all in my house or my car)

Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    I still don't think it's going to create as long of a line as the iPad 2. I just don't feel that same need it or gotta have mentality with this one as it did with the iPhone 4.
    Bro you crazy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hate to say it but Steve's passing away will have increased sales.I didn't want iPhone 4S but after seeing how much I miss Steve when I didn't even personally know him makes me think i should get the phone as dual cores, 8mp camera n Siri will be sweet.
    I agree with you RIP steve you the man
    Last edited by jibaro3; 10-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im not surprised to hear that sales are still through the roof. Doesn't everyone remember when the iPad was hated on for just being a huge iPod... but those sales broke records. Personally I was disappointed about the 4s because I liked the tear drop design floating around the internet, but I've never actually owned an iPhone so I'm not going to wait another year just to get the design I want.

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    Yes I a little disipointment that apple came back with the same model, but like my self I like to keep that tradision going sent the first to the last iphone apple and AT&T will get reacher in my account ( the only iPhone I sleep was the 3GS didn't fell the need of that phone) beside they can complaint all they want ones you own one iPhone is not turning back I have friend they live the iPhone for android and there back to the iPhone. I love my iPhone and I always will. (still have all 3 model won't sale them for nothing at this moment I use them all in my house or my car)

Bro you crazy!!!!

I agree with you RIP steve you the man
    BRO!!! I wants to get reacher too bro... bro I'm disappointment with my spell checker bro!!!
    Last edited by frjuan; 10-07-2011 at 09:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

These initial sales are from all the people that will buy anything that Apple sells no matter what it is or what it cost. Since the 4s is a lame upgrade, the sales will taper off after all the Apple fanatics get their orders in. I believe Apple knows that they have created a cult like following and didn't need to come out with the iPhone 5 right now. They know the 4s is lame but they don't care because they know millions will still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    These initial sales are from all the people that will buy anything that Apple sells no matter what it is or what it cost. Since the 4s is a lame upgrade, the sales will taper off after all the Apple fanatics get their orders in. I believe Apple knows that they have created a cult like following and didn't need to come out with the iPhone 5 right now. They know the 4s is lame but they don't care because they know millions will still buy it.
    And those people existed when the iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4 were released as well...yet the preorder numbers for the 4S are still apparently higher. It's not like the apple fanboy was born last month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    BRO!!! I wants to get reacher too bro... bro I'm disappointment with my spell checker bro!!!
    Glad you said something first. I held back. Ha

Anyhow, this will be the first time I won't be upgrading. I just didn't feel compelled to reaching into my pocket and dishing out cash for something I probably won't even use IMO. I'm just not looking forward to tasting my foot.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is another typical example of how blogs, newspapers, tech analysts, and general outsiders can be way off base with their assumptions and opinions. This is a great upgrade for the phone, contracts for 3GSs are coming due, and more carriers are offering it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    This is another typical example of how blogs, newspapers, tech analysts, and general outsiders can be way off base with their assumptions and opinions. This is a great upgrade for the phone, contracts for 3GSs are coming due, and more carriers are offering it.
    I agree it has some great hardware jumps. Even more so for 3GS users. Yes the i4 is still a great device but 4S is rocking some pretty sweet hardware.

Of course they will have extra sells of this. This is the first time 3 carriers have launched the same iPhone at the same time correct, plus it is new to Sprint. Also the death of an American Icon will help with the sales. I am sticking with the iPhone 4 for awhile longer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"Apple last year saw 600,000 iPhone 4 preorders in the first day across all carriers and five countries"

Except last year, 600,000 was all the pre-orders available and AT&T's activation servers were hit so hard, so many people were never able to place their order. I remember waking up early in the morning and trying all day, finally being able to get my order placed around 4pm. Not even an hour after that, pre-orders were sold out.

200,000 is still impressive, but you can't compare it to the iPhone 4, which still had delays months after it started selling.
    Last edited by Channan; 10-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Like he said, with the problems pre-ordering online last time and then figure in the fact that the White one wasn't available, so numerous people waited for it, thinking it would only be a month away. I'll bet that 600,000 would have been closer to 800/900k the first day if the servers and white phones were prepared. Like also mentioned, if 200,000 people all go buy one the first day, then nobody does after that; how great of a sales record will it then have? There will always be people that want the new product on the day of release, there aren't always thousands left wanting it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. The 4s is far from being a lame upgrade. It has some magnificent hardware that can convince many,Hence the upgrade and result of sales.

I covered this in another thread, but I thought that it might still apply. Apple is playing this game intelligently and intuitively. iOS has fallen behind as the major mobile OS market share. Android OS has 3 times the manufacturers since Apple only manufactures 3 current models. They are driving on Apple Fans and cult followers to encourage other peeps to maintain or change to something better, stable, and enjoyable. I'm not the least bit concerned that there are other devices with power and diversity. I'm more into the experience and enjoyment .. something that doubles with jailbreaks. I'm happy to see that Apple's fan-base is much larger than previous releases IMHO.

Let's not forget that iPhone 5 can still be a possibility 6 to 9 months from now.

My prayers go to Steve Jobs family and friends. The pioneer of tomorrow's future.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I agree it has some great hardware jumps. Even more so for 3GS users. Yes the i4 is still a great device but 4S is rocking some pretty sweet hardware.
    I am trying to talk my wife into getting it. We have three upgrades available and she loves her iproducts, but in her eyes it isn't worth the hassle. I explained to her that just because it didn't get a fancy new look that it isn't the same phone as her i4. I see a stocking stuffer in her near future and just have to decide which color to run with.

Quote Originally Posted by From earlier post: Unlocked iPhone 4S - *Will Be GSM Only* View Post
    The unlocked iPhone 4S will be available in the U.S. in November of 2011;
    I will wait for this day....
    Last edited by spider_romeo; 10-07-2011 at 10:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    At least you know where the exchlemeation mark is!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast