Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4S On Route To Be Apple's Most Successful Launch Ever

  1. #21
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,381
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 144 Times in 129 Posts

    I can't wait to see additional reports with numbers from additional carriers and locations - it will be exciting to sit down and do a comparison.

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Yes im sure it'll make fantastic reading! Like a katie price book.

    Ps the funny thing is 9 out of 10 people will do the same stuff with 4s as they do with 4.
    Last edited by se23; 10-07-2011 at 11:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    I still don't think it's going to create as long of a line as the iPad 2. I just don't feel that same need it or gotta have mentality with this one as it did with the iPhone 4.
    fully agree...

  4. #24
    Why would Apple bother putting something new out when they know their fanboys and fangirls will buy ANYTHING they release.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Yes im sure it'll make fantastic reading! Like a katie price book.


    Ps the funny thing is 9 out of 10 people will do the same stuff with 4s as they do with 4.
    and the 3/3GS

    edit: the only reason i got the iP4 was for the camera flash

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hate to say it but Steve's passing away will have increased sales.I didn't want iPhone 4S but after seeing how much I miss Steve when I didn't even personally know him makes me think i should get the phone as dual cores, 8mp camera n Siri will be sweet.
    Dude, not to be a ****, but you don't even have the slightest connection with Steve, and you don't know even who he is. To me it seems insulting that people say they miss someone when they die, when they really didn't give a **** about the person in the first place.

    It's like some no name committing suicide and then everyone on their Facebook consistently post RIP pictures and say how they miss them, when they didn't even know the person, nor did they even care about their existence in the first place until they died.

  7. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Babeman123 View Post
    Dude, not to be a ****, but you don't even have the slightest connection with Steve, and you don't know even who he is. To me it seems insulting that people say they miss someone when they die, when they really didn't give a **** about the person in the first place.

    It's like some no name committing suicide and then everyone on their Facebook consistently post RIP pictures and say how they miss them, when they didn't even know the person, nor did they even care about their existence in the first place until they died.
    I feel sorry for you.


    --------

    I for one won't be upgrading until I'm eligible in late November. If they had came out with an entirely new model I could justify paying the early upgrade fee, but for the 4s, as great as the enhancements are, just isn't worth an additional 250.

    I wish AT&T would waive the early upgrade fee like they did last year. Until then, I won't be a part of this launch.

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Wow people will waste money on anything these days. Ive been an iPhone user + jailbreaker for 3 years now and it's gotten sooo boring. For god sakes its just a phone. 8 mp camera? I'm pretty sure a tmobile phone called the memoir had that a while ago. "4g like" speeds with a 2gb cap? Bunch of bs! I'm sticking with getting my galaxy s2 on tmobile, better service here in Chicago anyway, plus 4g for 2gb, but unlimited edge for free after that. 4.5 inch screen, I'm excited! I'm sooo over using all these iPhone apps anyway.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I hate to say it but Steve's passing away will have increased sales.I didn't want iPhone 4S but after seeing how much I miss Steve when I didn't even personally know him makes me think i should get the phone as dual cores, 8mp camera n Siri will be sweet.
    Sorry, but this isn't true. Maybe 1 or 2% of all initial orders for the 4S will have to do with Steve's death. His death will have nothing to do with the sales of this phone.

  10. #30
    As I had said on October 4th, the iPhone 4S would have no problem selling. Not surprised, but just hadn't wanted to claim too much, with the new iPhone breaking record sales again. In fact, I'm more surprised that people had tried to tell me that "this iPhone would be the downfall" when there have been complaints for all the iPhones, and yet each one is more successful than the last.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. The 4s is far from being a lame upgrade. It has some magnificent hardware that can convince many,Hence the upgrade and result of sales.
    Yea it has "some" "magnificent" hardware like the A5 processor & camera & talking to ur phone crizzap which u might get with a JB iPhone 4. So this upgrade IS lame!! Unless ur a fanboy or loves a good camera phone. My iPhone 4 works great still so I'm not wasteing money on the same crizapp!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by chile7236 View Post
    and the 3/3GS

    edit: the only reason i got the iP4 was for the camera flash
     Come on!

    The only reason I haven't preorder it's because I want my phone to be factory unlocked so I have to wait till NOV. that way when I get out the country I don't have to use the gevey bull#%^* card , and coz I don't have the $750 complete
    Last edited by duromega; 10-08-2011 at 03:47 AM.





  13. #33
    What a lie we all waiting for iPhone 5 so please don't lie about this

  14. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chile7236 View Post
    fully agree...
    Yeah but faster
    --
    JW

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

    Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. The 4s is far from being a lame upgrade. It has some magnificent hardware that can convince many,Hence the upgrade and result of sales.
    Exactly! If the 4s is lame then that means every other phone out there is Lame as well because the 4s is just as good if not better than any of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by owais123 View Post
    Wow people will waste money on anything these days. Ive been an iPhone user + jailbreaker for 3 years now and it's gotten sooo boring. For god sakes its just a phone. 8 mp camera? I'm pretty sure a tmobile phone called the memoir had that a while ago. "4g like" speeds with a 2gb cap? Bunch of bs! I'm sticking with getting my galaxy s2 on tmobile, better service here in Chicago anyway, plus 4g for 2gb, but unlimited edge for free after that. 4.5 inch screen, I'm excited! I'm sooo over using all these iPhone apps anyway.
    It's not a waste if you enjoy the product you are buying.

    The iPhone is in no way boring. Now android. That crap gets old real fast! Had 2 android phones in the last few months. None of them lasted more than a month. Terrible experience when coming from an iPhone. Sure rooting and custom roms are cool and all but the devices end up running like crap eventually.

    AND the S2 is way overrated. Within a month or 2 it will be forgotten like the rest of the iPhone killers.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 10-08-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  16. #36
    I look at it like this.. since Steve didn't know many of us personally. this purchase of the iPhone 4s is more like a tribute to him. He did a lot for this technology world, and this is the least we can do.RIP Steve Jobs

  17. #37
    Default i think the grammar check isn't working too hot either.
    Besides spell check, maybe the grammar and English needs some attention
    Last edited by lexiconby; 10-08-2011 at 09:42 PM.

  18. #38
    I must be the only one who sells the previous model on cl for more than I pay for the upgraded model? I have done this since the first iPhone so no matter how big or small the upgrade is I always have the new phone plus a few extra dollars in my pocket. I just sold my 32 gb iPhone 4 for 400 which afforded me a 64gb iPhone 4s

  19. #39
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Apple doesn't market to the top 1% tech nerd to sell their product... people that are upset over specs and flock to the S2 are that 1%. The S2 doesn't have the sexy cool factor the iPhone has. Aesthetically it's freaking massive! This is actually a turn off for most users. Apple continues to expand in the countries they sell to also which helps their cause.

  20. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    If you think the S2 is massive wait until the Samsung Note is released. It will make my S2 look like an i4. You still can't beat the i4's build quality though. If it had a removable battery I would have stuck with it. I use it as an iPod now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •