Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Gains Further Lead Over Apple In U.S SmartPhone Marketshare

This study is comparing the iPhone with Android, which is like comparing a Maserati with all bicycles on the road the only commonality being wheels.I vote this a non-story.
    Last edited by mobilexile; 10-06-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,013 Posts

Come next Friday, let's see how these stats might change. The free 3GS and $99 ip4 will attract many consumers. Adding Sprint to the lineup is also gonna have it's place. Droid has been on all the cell phone carriers and they had the opportunity to get these phones for free. Economically, it makes sense that Droid would be the leader...

Android is common like windows pc. People seem to lean on what's hip at the time. When Android levels
    out after a new os appears, that new os will have its golden moment as well. Apple has been around before pc and android and it will always be here. These stats mean nothing. It's a collective opinion based survey that changes frequently. I go by facts. I agree with another member, 1 phone with 1 os versus many phones on the same os platform is not much of a challenge. 5 guys beating up 1 guy is not really fair is it? Bottom line, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by eTron View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. Nothing to be impressed with. 5 - 10 new phones coming out monthly by a bunch of different companies and they all look, feel and function differently VS 1 phone / ipad that comes out each year.
    I don't think all the androids looks different, for me all those big LCDTV phones are ugly and looks the same, I feel depress every time I have to deal with an Android phone 

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

There are currently two, soon to be three models of iPhone out there. Still dwarfed by the number of android devices, but three certainly is more than one. Just saying.
    Am I missing something? There are 4 models of iPhones on the market.....iPhone 2g, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and Soon to be released iPhone 4S, i count 5....

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Am I missing something? There are 4 models of iPhones on the market.....iPhone 2g, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and Soon to be released iPhone 4S, i count 5....
    What he meant to say is that there are 2 iPhones, soon to be three with i4S being sold with 2-year contracts. The iPhone 3G and the original iPhone have been discontinued. With only 3 iPhone models being produced and sold and the huge assortment of Android phones makes it difficult for Apple to maintain the Mobile OS market share.

How many manufacturers create Android Devices? I've got HTC, Samsung, Acer, LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Dell, Pantech, Toshiba, and Vizio (most of these are smartphone manufacturers, but a couple create mobile computers such as Tablets). Apple is just Apple. Android should be careful not to monopolize the industry. If they get to a high enough market share percentage, they'll be in trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12