+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri: "Our Assistant App Will Stop Working on your A4 Devices After Oct. 15."

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DaLsim F U . . U apple. And no,I'm not buying ur 4Sh.t. looking at galaxy s 2. Is it really that big of a deal? Many
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    F U . . U apple. And no,I'm not buying ur 4Sh.t. looking at galaxy s 2.
    Is it really that big of a deal? Many of the post on here were from people who had no clue that Siri had already been in use with an App from Apple. There are many reasons why they would Siri from the App Store, but I don't see how they can stop the Siri App from working on the i4 or even 3GS. Stopping the servers? Aren't those the same servers that i4S' integrated Siri is going to use? I think we don't have all the facts.

I do find it rather amusing that people would decide to forego Apple technology based on discontinued Apps and/or disappointed expectations about the iPhone 4S not being the iPhone 5 and/or no iPhone 5 being released. Why would you be upset? How has Apple failed your misguided expectations to which they didn't set? If Apple said they would be releasing an iPhone 5 and then changed at the last minute to the i4S because of delays, yes, angry I would be. But truth be told, rumors, conjecture, and speculation failed you. Not Apple.

That does not mean I don't understand. I do, but there is no need to negatively bash Apple. I'm sure this comment will backfire on me, but keep in mind that this is IMHO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's a very good upgrade. Dual core A5 Processor, 8MP Camera, and 1GB of Ram is what most of us expected out of them.
    Heard that it might be 512GB RAM and not 1GB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is a great App its called Voice Actions its sort of like it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

@HillefiedNah, that's a good comment.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple didn't strike a deal with siri... THEY BOUGHT THE COMPANY!!! They can do whatever the hell they want with the technology...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have infinite faith in the incredible brains that forms the jailbreaking community and I'm sure that they will be able to bring us Siri on our A4s. Amen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have 3GS and i thought that I'll get Siri with iOS 5 upgrade :-(
    Which A something does the 3GS have?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well just because people weren't aware of Siri before doesn't make it less useful now that it's integrated in the OS. That makes a big difference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    @HillefiedNah, that's a good comment.
    Thanks. Although I'll be getting the 4S soon enough, I'm rooting for jailbreak dev teams to port Siri into older devices. Not only that, but right now, Siri is in beta and once all the kinks are worked out I can see Apple releasing an iOS update to include on the i4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hel22 View Post
    I have 3GS and i thought that I'll get Siri with iOS 5 upgrade :-(
    Which A something does the 3GS have?
    The iPhone 4 was the first model with Apples A4 chip, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S now have the faster A5 chip.
    As for the 3GS very little info was published about the chip and it's speed capabilities. Check this link for details http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...c_coating.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Thanks. Although I'll be getting the 4S soon enough, I'm rooting for jailbreak dev teams to port Siri into older devices. Not only that, but right now, Siri is in beta and once all the kinks are worked out I can see Apple releasing an iOS update to include on the i4.
    I am with you in rooting for the JB devs, but thats where our shared opinions stop. I highly doubt Apple will release Siri for the iPhone4, as it was featured as one of THE steeple keys of the i4S. Sure a camera and a faster processor are undoubtedly good selling points, but its not enough for many people to upgrade. Apple is going to milk as many features as they can.
    Last edited by hirethestache; 10-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks

A good friend told me to stay away from siri and get voice actions because all it was gonna do was pi$$ me off. Now i know what he meant. Voice actions is good, but not awesome. Siri on the 4s is better, but again, not awesome.
    My 2
    Last edited by unklbyl; 10-16-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Misspelled on
    unklbyl

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12