+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: AT&T Sends out iPhone 4S Competitive Chart to Employees

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Another tip from one of our AT&T sources - AT&T is sending out this competitive chart to it's employees, detailing how they'll market their iPhone 4S to customers vs Sprint
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default AT&T Sends out iPhone 4s Competitive Chart to Employees

Another tip from one of our AT&T sources - AT&T is sending out this competitive chart to it's employees, detailing how they'll market their iPhone 4S to customers vs Sprint and Verizon.

The chart is pretty standard - pricing is the same across all 3 carriers, although only AT&T will have the iPhone 3GS (free). Their big points are the double download speed of the iPhone 4S on AT&T's network, and the ability to talk and surf at the same time.

AT&T also mentions they have the "nation's largest wi-fi network" and the "best global coverage."

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

This is funny because Sprint has a chart on their website saying why AT&T and Verizon both fail.

Green Apple
    Thanks

But what if you can't get the Nation's fastest 3G network, and there 4G is fake (slow). And no unlimited, go Sprint!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Decisions Decisions!

Thanks

Fight fight fight fight

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    But what if you can't get the Nation's fastest 3G network, and there 4G is fake (slow). And no unlimited, go Sprint!
    If by "can't" you mean you don't have good coverage in your area, that is a no brainer. In areas where there is equal coverage between ATT and Sprint, Sprint's data is going to be far slower, even at standard 3G speeds. I know from personal experience having traveled through various states using both providers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    This is funny because Sprint has a chart on their website saying why AT&T and Verizon both fail.
    Of course they do. It's pretty common practice when selling a product or service to show where you excel of your competitors.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Verizon has the best coverage
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I hate to admit it, but when I dumped Verizon for the i4 last year (after 11 years), I noticed a significant difference. The CDMA was a lot better at penetrating walls and making deep it into buildings. Verizon is bigger in my area, though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    I hate to admit it, but when I dumped Verizon for the i4 last year (after 11 years), I noticed a significant difference. The CDMA was a lot better at penetrating walls and making deep it into buildings. Verizon is bigger in my area, though.
    T-Mobile (GSM) kept dropping signal here at my house. With Verizon I get high bars and keep a 3G connection at all times.

Thanks

CDMA sucks! AT&T all the way!! Better speeds! Better commercials! Better logo! Better signal (sometimes). hotter girls work at the stores! hehe.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    CDMA sucks! AT&T all the way!! Better speeds! Better commercials! Better logo! Better signal (sometimes). hotter girls work at the stores! hehe.
    Hahaha I enjoyed that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    GSM > CDMA
    We can talk and use data at the same time :P

Verizon & Sprint suck.

AT&T FTW!!!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Even though GSM is a lot faster I still prefer Verizon, with AT&T I had dropped calls all the time and couldn't use it in my house at all. With Verizon I never drop calls and have full bars in my house and everywhere else. Depends on the person and location, but where I live Verizon is better for me, even with slower 3G.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    GSM > CDMA
    We can talk and use data at the same time :P

Verizon & Sprint suck.

AT&T FTW!!!
    Honestly who cares so you can surf the web and talk at the same time woohoo, and Att's global network is garbage

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I can"t help myself but I have to laugh at this! Why don't they advertise something to really advertise about? OMG Half of the time at my Michigan home my phone drops calls a lot in this area and I have never see the "E" so much in my life and here I pay for 3G? What's that? I can only wish to know what 4G is?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    Even though GSM is a lot faster I still prefer Verizon, with AT&T I had dropped calls all the time and couldn't use it in my house at all. With Verizon I never drop calls and have full bars in my house and everywhere else. Depends on the person and location, but where I live Verizon is better for me, even with slower 3G.
    It will be interesting to see how this intelligent switching works. AFAIK the reason calls drop has something to do with the voice being over the 3G network.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Honestly who cares so you can surf the web and talk at the same time woohoo, and Att's global network is garbage
    Jealous much?

Funny you say that because my
    iPhone 4's 3G smoked my friends Evo 4G's.. well 4G! AT&T is way faster than that so called 4G which by the way is non existent.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

3G.. 4G... 27G?! It's all irrelevant bc you get to the point of diminishing return well below 10Mbps on a mobile device. Faster speeds are great on a laptop with a wireless card if you're gaming or downloading large files but on a mobile phone the most bandwidth you would ever need is 2 or 3Mbps for streaming HD video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    The CDMA was a lot better at penetrating walls and making deep it into buildings. Verizon is bigger in my area, though.
    In my area it is the other way around. At my friends house when in his gaming room in the basement we all have different providers. He has Verizon, other buddy has Sprint, I have ATT, and one other has T-Mobile. Only ones that don't have to put their phones up high on the window ledge are the t-mobile and mine; they stay in pocket. The t-mobile gets 2-3 bars and I have full bars.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Um AT&T hasn't release 4g yet?.....