+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [EXCLUSIVE] Exchange Your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 for the iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We just got word from one of our folks at AT&T they'll be extending their 30 day exchange period for iPhone 3G[S] and iPhone 4 owners. The text sent internally
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default [EXCLUSIVE] Exchange Your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 for the iPhone 4S

We just got word from one of our folks at AT&T they'll be extending their 30 day exchange period for iPhone 3G[S] and iPhone 4 owners. The text sent internally is quoted below. The gist is: if you purchased either device between Sept 4 and Sept 13 of 2011, you can keep it until the device is released next Friday (the 14th) and exchange it for a full refund towards the purchase price of the iPhone 4S (minus any restocking fee).

So if you've purchased an iPhone recently and were wondering what's up - now you know.

Return/Exchange: Customers who purchased iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 within the 30 days prior to the announcement of the iPhone 4S can exchange it for iPhone 4S and pay any difference in price.
    • The 30 Day Return/Exchange Policy has been extended to allow extra time for customer who purchased iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 between September 4, 2011 and September 13, 2011 to exchange their iPhone 4 or 3GS for an iPhone 4S.
    • Customer may retain their original device until iPhone 4S arrives and they will be given a full refund for their iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4, less any restocking fee (if applicable).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

That's mighty nice of them...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What happens if you're 31 days?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then you don't get an exchange...?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    They might be nice and take care of you, or they might not. With offers like this there has to be a cutoff point. I mean, what if they were 32 days. That is pretty close to 30. How about 35? See what I mean?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

If your 31, 32, 33 days ect, just make them reverse your upgrade completely before your 30 days is up, then return when the 4s comes out. You may have to pay a small restocking fee but it's a small price to pay if you really want this device.

Thanks

Yah that is very nice of them. Too bad My iPhone 4 is over a year old.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Lol your gonna be 1 upset person.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is a cutoff point. I bought my iPhone 4 on September 2 and I can't get the 4S. Bummer really. But I have two other lines that I can upgrade in spring and I will get the 4S then. And who knows maybe I will just wait for the next one to drop

Thanks

Exchange, o rly?

I purchased my iPhone 4 not too long ago (according to my receipt, the 13th of Sept) at a Best Buy Mobile shop, and that was the same day I started my brand new AT&T subscription. Does that make me qualified for a iPhone 4S exchange?

Unsure if this offer is only for people who directly bought from an AT&T corporate store.

Thanks

No there is no such thing mentioned, you can exchange it anyways, and once you do dont forget to let us know about the price difference and that how much they realy cost you in the exchange offer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir1134 View Post
    Exchange, o rly?

I purchased my iPhone 4 not too long ago (according to my receipt, the 13th of Sept) at a Best Buy Mobile shop, and that was the same day I started my brand new AT&T subscription. Does that make me qualified for a iPhone 4S exchange?

Unsure if this offer is only for people who directly bought from an AT&T corporate store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir1134 View Post
    Exchange, o rly?

I'm on the same boat as you. I bought an iPhone 4 on the 10th of Sept. and now I don't know if I'm eligible because I bought it at RadioShack. Any insight about being eligible or not when buying from resellers would be very appreciated. Thanks!
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB