+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Confirms Unlimited Data for iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A Sprint iPhone has been anticipated for a long time - data plan included. The Sprint iPhone 4S which was announced by Apple yesterday, October 4th, will carry the full
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sprint Confirms Unlimited Data for iPhone 4S

A Sprint iPhone has been anticipated for a long time - data plan included.

The Sprint iPhone 4S which was announced by Apple yesterday, October 4th, will carry the full pleasures of Sprint's network. A report shows that Sprint answered a phone call from Phone Scoop and confirmed that the iPhone 4S will have all of the contract-based features from the network that all other phones benefit from including the HTC Evo, Samsung Epic, HTC Arrive, and countless other phones. Not 4G, but it will include the following:
    • Unlimited 3G Web Data
    • 5GB Personal Hotspot Data
    • Unlimited Texting (SMS)
    • Unlimited Media Messaging (MMS)
    • Unlimited Talk Minutes (After 7 P.M. and Weekends)

Sprint has not made any indications that they plan to dismiss the unlimited data plan after a certain amount of time. It actually looks like they intend to keep it.

More of Sprint's cell phone plan information can be read here. Early termination of Sprint's contract on a smartphone costs $350, and early termination of a regular phone costs $200. So it might be a good trade-off to get a better phone if you're already on the Sprint network.

Remember that Sprint is a CDMA carrier and currently does not support HSPA+. If you are getting the iPhone 4S under the pretenses that you will be getting the 14.4Mb/s boost, these are false pretenses. The The iPhone 4S will only get 4G-like data speeds on a GSM network, the only of which that supports the iPhone 4S is currently AT&T. On Sprint you will be lucky to get the basic 7.2Mb/s.

Sprint also does not throttle their high-data users. Although you are capped at 5GB of data for tethering your 3G connection to your other devices, regular browsing and data is not capped and will remain at the same speed until the end of your billing period no matter how much data that you and your device consume.

The $69.99 cell phone plan comes with unlimited data, text messages, 450 calling minutes and unlimited calling to any cellphone in the country. An $89.99 cell phone plan comes with 900 minutes on top of the data, text and mobile-to-mobile calls, while a $99.99 cell phone plan features unlimited access to all services.

If you are getting an iPhone 4S and want great value, I highly recommend going Sprint's way.

Are you planning you seal your next iPhone with Sprint? Tell us why or why not below!

Sources: CNET, Phone Scoop
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-05-2011 at 03:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

I want the Sprint one.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds good!!! My question is I have a iPhone 4 on AT&T will I be able to switch or do I still have to unlock????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melvin1010 View Post
    Sounds good!!! My question is I have a iPhone 4 on AT&T will I be able to switch or do I still have to unlock????
    You'll have to buy a brand new iPhone 4S and a new contract. The iPhone 4 isn't supported for Sprint - even unlocked.

Thanks
    5gigs to tether?? That's a nice thing....AT&T plz get on that too...I didn't like that letter you sent me about my data, especially since I have an "unlimited" data plan!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

So how much will you folks be paying for a plan like that? Here in Australia I get 2GB and about $550 of calls with free SMS and free social networking for $59 month. And that comes complete with a dodgy Optus signal.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I know this is off topic, but has anyone else with AT&T noticed a significant jump in their 3G download speeds? I've run repeated tests throughout the day and I've been consistently getting around 5.0 Mbps on my iPhone 4 whereas several months before I would be lucky to get 2.0-2.5 Mbps.

Thanks

Steve jobs, gone too soon. Rest in peace.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve jobs has died today read!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44794300...jobs-has-died/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You'll have to buy a brand new iPhone 4S and a new contract. The iPhone 4 isn't supported for Sprint - even unlocked.
    Ok thank you for the info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I know this is off topic, but has anyone else with AT&T noticed a significant jump in their 3G download speeds? I've run repeated tests throughout the day and I've been consistently getting around 5.0 Mbps on my iPhone 4 whereas several months before I would be lucky to get 2.0-2.5 Mbps.
    It sounds like you probably got throttled.

As for me I'm thinking of jumping ship from AT&T. I have a 3GS grandfathered unlimited but I don't like the throttling or the anti-tethering that AT&T shoves on it's iPhone users. Sprint is making a smart, competitive move by offering these great feature... which is another example of why more competition is good for this market and the AT&T/T-Mobile merger should never happen. Power to the company that offers it's customers the best deals!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nesgto View Post
    Is sprint iPhone going to be able to talk and surf web and apps etc.?
    No. It's a CDMA network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Will Sprint's iPhone have
    Multi tasking? If so then I'll be switching over as soon as possible.
    Don't allow others to tell you What you Can and What you can't Do. Live that's your only option.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razorinthe60s View Post
    Will Sprint's iPhone have
    Multi tasking? If so then I'll be switching over as soon as possible.
    All of the iPhone's (3GS+) support multitasking. They do not, however, all support web and phone at the same time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL I can't even get basic 7.2meg thru AT&T on my 3GS. I even tried in Milwaukee where they say 3G+ is available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So if I gave the sprint version travel to the UK, will the gsm part be unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll probably go back to AT&T. Never thought I'd miss talk n surf. Verizon was marginally better anyway. No rush on this one. I had to wait too long for the iPad 2 to be jailbroken. I'll wait this time around.