+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b3 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by KiidTee Did any one forget about the iTouch not being updated. No such thing as the iTouch, so, no. Originally Posted by Toweezy i tried so many
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KiidTee View Post
    Did any one forget about the iTouch not being updated.
    No such thing as the iTouch, so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Toweezy View Post
    i tried so many times bro...how do u do it? give me a link?
    You could always just wait until it is released next week. You can't be in THAT big of a hurry.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    Steve Jobs just passed...guess he didn't like the iPhone 4S neither.
    too soon bro, too soon

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Got that from Apple's discussion forum. Seems to fall in line with their current pricing structure for unlocked iPhones.
    There's a good chance that the prices will fall in line with the previous generation. All that I am saying is that there is wiggle room to raise it a bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,020 Times in 6,926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There's a good chance that the prices will fall in line with the previous generation. All that I am saying is that there is wiggle room to raise it a bit.
    Well I hope they don't. Those are some pretty steep prices already lol.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well I hope they don't. Those are some pretty steep prices already lol.
    I hope that they don't as well. I would like to be able to upgrade without going through AT&T to do so.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

4.11.08 Baseband on iPhone 4 iOS5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nappyreddz View Post
    does anyone know the status of a unlock for iOS 5?
    The OS is jailbroken, the modem firmware is unlocked.

So what is it you are really asking since you don't unlock an OS?
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile update
    the special bonus technique does not work.... you still have to do it the normal way and select the ipsw and then boot tethered... I know it is a beta but just wanted to let others know....

Thanks

Worked a treat! Simple and fast. Thanks for the info!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    Steve Jobs just passed...guess he didn't like the iPhone 4S neither.
    Not funny 

Green Apple
    Thanks
    OK, im a veteran jailbreaker. Ive had every phone and jailbroken all of them. I just feel it should be pointed out that NOVICE JAILBREAK/IPHONE USERS BEWARE!!! This latest series of gyrations is not for the faint of heart. If you don't have time to wrestle with it for hours, don't start. Wait till the bugs get ironed out. I sure as hell wish I had. Good Luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbiggie27 View Post
    hello.. if you still need help upgrading or jailbreaking or both. let me know . i can help.
    [/email]
    You joined over 3 years ago and your first post is to say you know better than everyone else put together and people should contact you direct? What makes you think that?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4, just installed iOS 5 GMI was MISSING icons after the backup restore, so I thought I'd do a quick jailbreak, install SBSettings, and do the old hide/unhide trick to force all the icons to appear again.Now that I'm booted teathered jailbreak, Cydia launches and I was able to install SBSettings.That forced a reboot, so I ran the boot teathered for now. (I'm up and running)I got a pop-up saying Too new, activator not tested or something along that lines. I click continue/ok.Here's the problem. ANY app I launch, the entire app window will immediately Shrink down to 1/4 of the iPhone screen. (in the upper left) Imagine having deviding your screen into 4 parts, and seeing what you want to see only appear in the upper left square. The other parts of the screen are black. I'm not able to tap most things on this wierd mini screen. Even when I launch SBSettings, once I click on the more, BAM mini screen upp er left. WTF? My only goal is to get my hidden icons back and then I'll gladly un-jailbreak.Can I SSH in to clear the hidden icons problem? Some master reset? Please help!

Thanks

Use SBSettings to boot into safe mode, openn one of the apps you are having problems with and boot into normal mode and all should be fixed. Why on earth would you want to remove your JB? To do that you will have to restore again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is indeed lots of information concerning the update. I never used any of the Redsnow JB's but jailbreakme 2.0 when I upgraded from 3.1x to ios 4.01. That worked fine. Not sure you can find Jailbreakme 2.0 any longer as it was an online JB not one that could be done locally--but it worked great! Try blackra1n or limera1n google for both of these.

You don't have a lot of choices as to which version of ios4 you upgrade to since you obviously don't have any shsh blogs (thing of these as maps or bridges which allow you to choose a particular firm ware to which to upgrade). The bridge for you to get to iso 4 might be an iTunes update which would get you to iso 4 but that could present an issue for JB. When you upograde to iso 4 you will have to JB the the phone again, but you won't loose any of your apps if you do a back up in itunes first.

You may be able to find a custom firware that would allow you to bypass the Apple/iTunes dump of your old 3.1.1 but again, never tried this--my feeling is that you will not be able to.

There are plenty of sharp really nice folks on the forum that would be able to offer much more assistance as to what you can and can't do but for sure, you can get iso4 by updating in iTunes then attempting to JB that particular version BUT this will update your BB as well so if you have an unlocked phone- it won't be when you're done.

These are the onlyu options I see for you if your main goal is to jump from 3.1.1 to the iso4 firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdadda View Post
    Guys Can someone please help me, I think its time to jump on the Iphone os 4.X bandwagon, but my iphone 3gs is jailbroken using redsnow (i think) and cydia, and im on 3.13
    but how do I upgrade it, please can anyone help me im willing to even throw a few $ to someones paypal for help cause theres next to no information that I could find on the net and yes I did search,
    heres some more information on my iphone if I can provide any more info for you guys to help, that'd be ok.

iphone 3g[s] ios 3.1.3 Cydia 1.1.1
    3.1.3 (7E18)

please help me, sorry for posting it in this thread, I couldn't find any other threads about 3.x to post it in
    Last edited by jerrykb; 10-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12