+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Not Expected to Hinder Android's Mobile Momentum

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone 4S, like its predecessors, will soon be a dominant force in the smartphone world across multiple nations and continents. But don't expect the device to halt Android's rapid
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPhone 4S Not Expected to Hinder Android's Mobile Momentum

The iPhone 4S, like its predecessors, will soon be a dominant force in the smartphone world across multiple nations and continents. But don't expect the device to halt Android's rapid growth and adoption on the world stage. That's the almost universal consensus mobile industry analysts the day following the iPhone 4S introduction.

"At its event, Apple pointed out that according to comScore, iOS represents the number one smartphone operating system in the U.S. with 43% market share; however, the trend has been for a faster adoption pace for Android-based models," Alex Gauna with JMP Securities stated in a note to investors Wednesday morning. "Given Android's greater range of price points and form factors, we would expect this trend to continue."

Similar to the feelings of many iPhone addicts, iOS 5 upstaged the new Apple hardware this year, and it will all but certainly do more to drive sales of the iPhone 4S than the phone will itself. All told, Gauna doesn't seem too enthused about the phone's dual-core A5 processor or its 8-megapixel 1080p camera, as many Android phones present comparable attributes.

If the iPhone 4S pulled ahead of competing Android devices in any fashion yesterday - particularly with the integration of Siri and the deployment of iCloud - don't think Android won't soon catch up. Guana, in fact, indicates that his sources reveal that sophisticated voice recognition technologies will arrive on the Android platform next year.

Source: IntoMobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think we can halt Androids growth, they are like a virus growing larger and larger because of the varieties of phones that it comes on. We can't help that IOS is only available on the iPhones. I personally like IOS and could give a rats azz about android os.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Android is becoming to iOS what Windows is the Mac OS X.

There is no point in comparing install numbers. Android will win out and there's absolutely nothing Apple (or fanboys) can do about it.

You compare numbers of iPhone 4 to Samsung Galaxy S II for example.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

My next phone will be an Android phone, sick of no flash capabilities on idevice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

It's 1 company versus an unlimited amount of companies world wide.

The outcome is to obvious to mention.

Thanks

iOS it's exclusive for iDevices like Mac os x for Macintosh pc , android it's in many phones out there even $30 bucks phones , not every body can afford an iPhone ;( android for me since day 0 it's just an iPhone- wanna-be 

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    ;( android for me since day 0 it's just an iPhone- wanna-be 
    Windows is also just a Mac wannabe but look who ended up winning that one...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to hear anyone crying on how iOS runs on just one phone, and android runs on many. Bottom line is that apple's latest phone sucks, and this is why they will lose market share like never before. If after a year & a half apple can't innovate, then they don't deserve to be on top. Apple stabbed it self by making stupid decisions. My galaxy s 2 is on it's way, and I can't wait!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

It's all about quality over quantity, hold a droid in one hand and an iPhone in the other... and the answer should be obvious.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Steve Jobs has just died!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    I don't think we can halt Androids growth, they are like a virus growing larger and larger because of the varieties of phones that it comes on. We can't help that IOS is only available on the iPhones. I personally like IOS and could give a rats azz about android os.
    I agree with everything you said except for the part about giving a rats *** about Android. Android OS has many standard features that iOS users have to jailbreak to get. Android has so many awesome features that some of them have even been replicated in iOS 5.

I have an iPhone 4 and I think its one of the best phones I ever had. but once I put my hands on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I couldn't believe how much better is is than the iPhone 4/S. so much so that my iPhone 4 is now my 8yr old son's iPod touch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

made the jump from the iP4 to the Galaxy S2....i am very happy with that decision. not that i disliked the iP4 but iPhones have somewhat lost their luster for me

Thanks

Where did the other 10 comments go?

How is the S2? Im thinking about getting it
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 10-06-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks

love apple but iphone 4s isnt worth the upgrade

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I don't want to hear anyone crying on how iOS runs on just one phone, and android runs on many. Bottom line is that apple's latest phone sucks, and this is why they will lose market share like never before. If after a year & a half apple can't innovate, then they don't deserve to be on top. Apple stabbed it self by making stupid decisions. My galaxy s 2 is on it's way, and I can't wait!
    I was really surprised to see the huge misconception about the 4S all over the internet. This phone has win written all over it. So it has the same body style. Big deal. If they would have packaged it differently all you would be hearing are praises. This is a major update that will make this phone compatible with many more iOS updates than previous versions of the iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
     you haven't use it and you say it sucks, that means I can say your galaxy s 2 sux ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    My next phone will be an Android phone, sick of no flash capabilities on idevice.
    You can install flash on iOS 
    Last edited by duromega; 10-07-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Where did the other 10 comments go?

How is the S2? Im thinking about getting it
    love it...weird getting used to after iOS but slowly learning my way around...best part is i don't feel i have to JB/root it. as with anything, pros/cons abound for everyone but i love it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    A bizzare comment for a moderator on a What I thought was apple based mobile forum, but each to his own, they are the new Microsoft I suppose, but I am perplexed by this being the reason, having had an iPhone for many years I can only think of once or twice when I have really needed flash. Id rather have a phone with superior os and service support. Not a phone limited with upgrades and short term life because of that plus what do you do if it goes wrong take it to an Android store?