+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Discounting Current iPhone 4 Inventory

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple is paving the way for the iPhone 4S and 8GB iPhone 4 launch by slashing prices on the current crop of iPhone 4s. Apple is selling the now defunct
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Discounting Current iPhone 4 Inventory

Apple is paving the way for the iPhone 4S and 8GB iPhone 4 launch by slashing prices on the current crop of iPhone 4s.

Apple is selling the now defunct 16GB iPhone 4 for $149 and the 32GB version for $199. The 4S will retail for $199 and $299 at the aforementioned capacities, so those looking to upgrade from a 3G or 3GS, but want to save a little cash have a couple more options. As usual these $50/$100 discounted prices are available for iPhones purchased with a two-year contract only.

Apple will sell through the current models of the iPhone 4 and after they’re gone the cheaper 8GB version launching alongside the iPhone 4S next week will carry the iPhone 4 torch. Those looking to purchase a discounted iPhone 4 instead of a 4S should remember their phone wont be able to run Siri and will lack the 4S’s faster processor and better camera. However, the jailbreak community is already hard at work looking for a solution to bring Siri to iPhone 4 users.

Weigh your options carefully.

Source: iDownloadBlog
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-05-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

There we go, I thought it was quite odd yesterday that the iP4 would still be $199 when the 4S is also going to be $199. 32GB iP4 for $199 is quite tempting, but I'd still like the to have the new features of the 4S, especially Siri and better camera.

I think a Siri-like app for JB iP4 is going to be a stretch, just because it seems SO advanced. Not to say that JB developers aren't capable, but I'm thinking there may just simply be hardware limitations. And if something like that did come out, I would guess it would have to be quite expensive to recoup development costs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    There we go, I thought it was quite odd yesterday that the iP4 would still be $199 when the 4S is also going to be $199. 32GB iP4 for $199 is quite tempting, but I'd still like the to have the new features of the 4S, especially Siri and better camera.

I think a Siri-like app for JB iP4 is going to be a stretch, just because it seems SO advanced. Not to say that JB developers aren't capable, but I'm thinking there may just simply be hardware limitations. And if something like that did come out, I would guess it would have to be quite expensive to recoup development costs.
    Siri for iPad 2 would be nice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 775 Posts

I'm pretty sure Siri has been enabled on an ip4 already. Not sure about it's processor limitations though...

ACTIVE SIRI ON OLD DEVICES lockerz.com/s/144548136
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-05-2011 at 11:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wohhey View Post
    Siri for iPad 2 would be nice.
    yeah i gotta say im surprised siri isn't on ios5 for ipad2 wtf?

hopefully this will come out very soon for it only makes sense same damn chip hello

plus if siri is great for biz ppl well biz ppl use iPad too lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

What about unlocked prices?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    you can get a better deal selling your i phone on E-bay and no 2yr contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Well since the ip4 8GB is $549 unlocked, it makes sense to tack on $100 for the 16GB and $200 for the 32GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would just buy a iPhone 4, don't wanna spent more money just to talk to my phone.... that's why we still have people to talk to.only good thing about the 4s is the faster cpu, ram, and of course the camera, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYiaN View Post
    i would just buy a iPhone 4, don't wanna spent more money just to talk to my phone.... that's why we still have people to talk to.only good thing about the 4s is the faster cpu, ram, and of course the camera, nothing more, nothing less.
    You forgot the dual-antenna! I'm lookin forward to better reception and faster DL Speeds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have my own apple iphone4 which I have bought recently and I don't need another one. courier service jobs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't get why anyone would upgrade to an iPhone 4 on a new contract. I still have a 3GS and am thinking about getting the 4 instead of 4S but I'm not going to use up and upgrade to do it.