Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Properly Use iMessage In iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    The main issue is blocking people if they guess your e-mail or if you are semi-famous like a jailbreaker. A well known e-mail address will receive tons of crap. There is no way to block people.
    Why not just create a disposable email for use with it and only give it to select people? Obviously it would be a bad idea to use a well known email for something like this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Why not just create a disposable email for use with it and only give it to select people? Obviously it would be a bad idea to use a well known email for something like this.
    That could kill branding if you are a company and need to use an official support address, or better yet, we shouldn't have to maintain multiple e-mail addresses. We should just be able to block people.
    -FBIRyuJin

I wonder if BiteSMS will have this integrated? That would be nice.

What I want to know is, how will we be able to distinguish regular text messages (over the network) from iMessage messages (either over wifi or 3G) ? And do we get to switch between the two?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    What I want to know is, how will we be able to distinguish regular text messages (over the network) from iMessage messages (either over wifi or 3G) ? And do we get to switch between the two?
    Regular texts have green bubbles. iMessage texts have blue bubbles.

Re-post this article on Oct. 12

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Regular texts have green bubbles. iMessage texts have blue bubbles.
    That's for outgoing. Incoming SMS's have gray bubbles. Will incoming iMessage texts have different colored bubbles?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    That's for outgoing. Incoming SMS's have gray bubbles. Will incoming iMessage texts have different colored bubbles?
    You can also tell by the color of the name at the top when you are sending it out. Same color system, blue = iMessage, green = SMS/MMS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey123 View Post
    Source: Gizmodo
    He did quote his source[/QUOTE]

He had to have added that a while after he posted it because I looked everywhere for a source before commenting on it and didn't see anything about Gizmodo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    I agree also no one I know is on iOS 5 so I have no one to chat to....lol
    EDM

Will you be able to message other iphone users in other countries without extra fees like you can with BBM?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armyjoe98 View Post
    Will you be able to message other iphone users in other countries without extra fees like you can with BBM?
    Yes. It uses your data or wifi connection.

Quote Originally Posted by armyjoe98 View Post
    Yes, a few mods have been using imessages since 5.0 dropped. One of which is in a different country. Love it. Only thing is to turn off "Send as SMS". That sends an SMS if imessage fails. But with it off it puts a little red "!" and you can click that and manually say send as sms if needed. Saves from accidently sending and getting international charge.

Hi there ,I came accross a flaw in the iMessages , I dont know if this is only me or someone else is having the same issue, My friend and I we both are using iMessages , However if my friends phone is off or out of coverage area, the message is sent is then sent as a text message , It shouldnt be this way if my friends phone is off or our of coverage it shall be sent as a iMessage not a SMS. Is there a solution to this ??

iMessage is great apart from group chats...once you get into one you can't get out of it. I have had to turn iMessage off because i got into as group chat and my phone was going off continuously. I woke the next morning and switched my phone on and 100 messages came through at once. After talking to Apple technical I was told there is no way to exit a group message apart from asking everyone in the group to stop the conversation. Bad design flaw

Quote Originally Posted by fordr9 View Post
    iMessage is great apart from group chats...once you get into one you can't get out of it. I have had to turn iMessage off because i got into as group chat and my phone was going off continuously. I woke the next morning and switched my phone on and 100 messages came through at once. After talking to Apple technical I was told there is no way to exit a group message apart from asking everyone in the group to stop the conversation. Bad design flaw
    so that's the weakness after all

oh wow, that is crazy.

I don't really do group chats myself. So far iMessage has been awesome for me. I like how it will say in gray text before you start typing whether the message will be sent as a text message or as iMessage. That means when you go to a person in which you've texted before, it "reaches out" and knows if the other person is on iOS 5 or not. My wife and several other of my contacts are on iOS 5 so our messages back and forth always go as iMessages, which doesn't cut into our 200/month text allotment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12