+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre Orders for iPhone 4S Begin At 12:01 AM Pacific On Friday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Disappointed that the i5 didn't debut, but curious as to why folks keep saying re i4s is the same? It's twice as fast with 1gb of ram, has twice the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Disappointed that the i5 didn't debut, but curious as to why folks keep saying re i4s is the same? It's twice as fast with 1gb of ram, has twice the quality in the video capabilities with 1080 and so on. Not saying I'm buying one as I'll save my upgrade for the i5, but in my opinion it's not the same phone. Well, maybe aesthetically it is... :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm pretty confident the 4S will NOT sell out considering most people are unhappy about it or have decided to go for the Galaxy SII or are just waiting to see what the Nexus Prime looks like.

So, don't bother waking up at 12PST/3EST to pre-order this phone. It'll surely be there later in the day.

And probably for several weeks without any shortages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully the system allows me to "upgrade" both lines at the same time. I have 2 lines eligble and 1 next spring, so it works fine for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anybody know if the 4s will use the micro sim card again? Or will it go simless?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you preorder from apples website and have it shipped to you home will you get it by the 14th? Or is it better to preorder and pick it up at the store?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rytchy View Post
    Disappointed that the i5 didn't debut, but curious as to why folks keep saying re i4s is the same? It's twice as fast with 1gb of ram, has twice the quality in the video capabilities with 1080 and so on. Not saying I'm buying one as I'll save my upgrade for the i5, but in my opinion it's not the same phone. Well, maybe aesthetically it is... :-)
    I don't get what people don't understand. Money hungry Apple had a year and a half to produce a sweat phone. So 547 days later what do we get? The same phone but faster!! Apple has NEVER taken this long to produce a phone, so ya, people where waiting for a new phone on par with what's out in the market now. Since I can't see myself with the same phone for another year, I have no choice but too look elsewhere, and I'm sure many feel the same way. The only thing apple has going for them is there AppStore, besides that, the new hardware does not have that "wow" factor anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Goodbye Apple! Hello Samsung Nexus Prime!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Revealing View Post
    Goodbye Apple! Hello Samsung Nexus Prime!
    Enjoy your Android device! I'll try to muddle through with my 1 year old iPhone 4 with iOS 5 somehow...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No thanks will wait till next year.

Thanks

I hate how everyone is hating the 4s because of hype. Anyone bother to notice
    Initial release
    2G Minor upgrade
    3G Major upgrade
    3GS Minor upgrade
    4 Major upgrade
    4S Minor upgrade

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Apple Will Fail big time for this stunt and it serves the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    I think all this people saying "good bye" to the iPhone are being manipulated by the competition this forum is for ilovers apple never said that the next gen iPhone was the iPhone 5 I was more than sure that wasn't the correct name for the next iPhone, I'm glad they didn't get rid of the home button , I'm glad it doesn't have a bigger screen, I'm happy because the new iPhone it's still the sexiest phone on the market, if you want a bigger screen , no home button , and more teletobies on your screen you're more than welcome to go Droid , now people are upset because it's not the "concept iPhone 5" on YouTube, I can't wait to put my hands on the new 4S, anyway it's better faster and now in more carriers. If you are gonna be hating the new iPhone you don't deserve even have an iPhone 4 in your hands.

Ah, if I can pre-order w/o contract I'll do
    Apple will fail big time for this stunt and they should.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,163 Times in 6,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    I hate how everyone is hating the 4s because of hype. Anyone bother to notice
    Initial release
    2G Minor upgrade
    3G Major upgrade
    3GS Minor upgrade
    4 Major upgrade
    4S Minor upgrade
    Not sure I agree with your analysis here. Unless you are just talking about cosmetic upgrades. iPhone 2G > iPhone 3G was a pretty minor update. On the inside they were very similar to each other with Apple mainly just adding the 3G baseband chip. The 3G > 3GS was a much bigger upgrade IMO, even though they looked the same.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Samsung Nexus Prime. Verizon.
    And when will that come out? No one seems to know.

Thanks

I'm preordering UNLOCKED phones if possible. Yes, I was very sad that the ip4 didn't become the ip5 BUT the ip4S guts are a pretty significant change.

If the outside had changed, everyone would be ecstatic so I'll still go w/ the better phone!

Enjoy your Nexus while it continually crashes on the Droid OS...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dont matter to me. Sprint not honoring early upgrades. Im cuz i wasted my upgrade on EVO 3D this past June, because it was unheard of the sprint getting the iphone... I wish sprint had of told us they would be getting the iPhone. I would have surely waited. Have they annouced the non contract prices??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys I have upgraded every year it's simple, sell your phone and get the new phone when it comes out. The 4s is going to be great especially with ios5 and icloud. I don't know why everyone is tripping over the refresh I think it's great I don't have to wait for a case to come out!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmine View Post
    Dont matter to me. Sprint not honoring early upgrades. Im cuz i wasted my upgrade on EVO 3D this past June, because it was unheard of the sprint getting the iphone... I wish sprint had of told us they would be getting the iPhone. I would have surely waited. Have they annouced the non contract prices??
    The subsidy is $400 from the carriers so add that to the contract price and that's what you'd pay retail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleanconscience View Post
    Does anybody know if the 4s will use the micro sim card again? Or will it go simless?
    With sim card , and CDMA capable

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm preordering UNLOCKED phones if possible. Yes, I was very sad that the ip4 didn't become the ip5 BUT the ip4S guts are a pretty significant change.

If the outside had changed, everyone would be ecstatic so I'll still go w/ the better phone!

Enjoy your Nexus while it continually crashes on the Droid OS...
    hahahahahaha exactly 
    I think there should be a hard case for the new iPhone that make the iPhone look different, next gen iPhone won't be the iPhone 5, this happened because all this speculation about the new iPhone
    Last edited by duromega; 10-05-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks

ill still get i love apple an will get any phone they release as long as its an upgrade even tho its just specs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok so if I get a sprint i4s and a unlock comes out can I thin use it on tmobile