Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T: "Our iPhone 4S Will be Faster than Verizon's and Sprint's."

  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have used the Atrix which is capable of 14.4mbps download speeds. Here in NYC, if i get 1.5megs down is a good day. My VZ iphone gets around 2.2megs down constanly...I won't be fooled again.

  2. #42
    Assuming everyone has HSPA+ in their neighborhood. I have LTE here and no HSPA+.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'm grandfathered in with ATT, so I don't see myself leaving them anytime soon.

  4. #44
    7.2 Mbps on EV-DO Rev. A?! Come on people (especially Anthony Bouchard), get a clue!The Gizmodo article said nothing of the sort. It only stated that the speed wouldn't change versus the same speed of the iPhone 4 on Verizon [which is EV-DO Rev. A]. Results
    Meanwhile, Verizon and Sprint's iPhone 4Ses still run on CDMA, which offers the same speed as the iPhone 4. If you want the download speed boost, it seems that the only option is AT&T.
    It says nothing about the CDMA carriers reaching 7.2 Mbps.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    7.2 Mbps on EV-DO Rev. A?! Come on people (especially Anthony Bouchard), get a clue!The Gizmodo article said nothing of the sort. It only stated that the speed wouldn't change versus the same speed of the iPhone 4 on Verizon [which is EV-DO Rev. A]. ResultsIt says nothing about the CDMA carriers reaching 7.2 Mbps.
    Those numbers came from Apple. You probably won't get those speeds in real-life situations due to bandwidth and signal - however the the keywords that Apple said were, "up to."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Those numbers came from Apple. You probably won't get those speeds in real-life situations due to bandwidth and signal - however the the keywords that Apple said were, "up to."
    Those numbers did come from Apple, but they were WRT HSDPA, not CDMA. There is a difference!



    Remember, they're appealing to the world, not just the United States of America.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 10-05-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Typo.

  7. #47
    Ok here's my situation. I have a 3GS on AT&T and my contract is up. I live in Long Island, NY where the AT&T service is good but work at JFK Airport where the service isn't so good and I will be grandfathered for unlimited data and the $10/1000 mms plan (I think at least) When I get the 4S should I stick with AT&T or go with Verizon or Sprint.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nyhc77 View Post
    Ok here's my situation. I have a 3GS on AT&T and my contract is up. I live in Long Island, NY where the AT&T service is good but work at JFK Airport where the service isn't so good and I will be grandfathered for unlimited data and the $10/1000 mms plan (I think at least) When I get the 4S should I stick with AT&T or go with Verizon or Sprint.
    I'd probably stick with AT&T for the unlimited data.

  9. #49
    Sprint's monthly cost will be $192 a month for 3 iPhones, whereas AT&T charges me $172 a month for 3 iPhones. Given the value is there, I will probably stick with AT&T because of financial reasons.

    I got the quote from calling Sprint and asking them for the same services I get form AT&T.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    What's this stuff about SIRI anyways? I have iPhone 4 and already have the SIRI app......
    it will stop working Oct 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Sprint's monthly cost will be $192 a month for 3 iPhones, whereas AT&T charges me $172 a month for 3 iPhones. Given the value is there, I will probably stick with AT&T because of financial reasons.

    I got the quote from calling Sprint and asking them for the same services I get form AT&T.
    Try H2O wireless is an At&t network and it's just $60 everything unlimited
    Google it





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •