+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 GM Released to Developers, Installable By Anyone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Today Apple released iOS 5 GM to developers. This is the "gold master" or final version of iOS 5 that will be released to the public on October 12th assuming
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Default iOS 5 GM Released to Developers, Installable By Anyone

Today Apple released iOS 5 GM to developers. This is the "gold master" or final version of iOS 5 that will be released to the public on October 12th assuming nothing majorly wrong is discovered within the next weeks.

If you are a enrolled in the iPhone developer program you can download iOS 5 GM IPSW firmware files for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G and iPod touch 3G today by logging into your account at iOS Dev Center - Apple Developer

If you are not a developer and would like to install iOS 5 GM you can with OR WITHOUT your UDID on file in a developer account. This means that anyone can install and run iOS 5 GM on their iDevices without issues. Now I'm not going to directly link you to the files hosted (illegally) outside of Apple's servers but I will point you in the right direction. Google "iOS 5 GM download links" and I bet you'll find the files within the first 5 results.

Note: iTunes 5 beta 7 , beta 8, or beta 9 is required to install iOS 5 GM so if you have a dev account download the latest one of those as well. For those of you without dev accounts, once again google is your friend

UPDATE, better use iTunes beta 7, had some reports of issues with beta 9 working but have double checked with beta 7, no problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Adayday; 10-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adayday For This Useful Post:

confucious (10-04-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wil we be able to upgrade to the official version when it is released, upgrade from the GM I mean.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adayday View Post
    This is against the MMi guidelines. MMi doesn't allow pirated software to be advertised and this post should be removed immediately.
    Which post should be removed?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is against the MMi guidelines. MMi doesn't allow pirated software to be advertised and this post should be removed immediately.
    Just shut up and get a life kiddo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lol, lighten up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Cant say is talking about pirated software in any way
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who are you the MMI police?!? Let the moderators do their job and go back to trolling YouTube please k thx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to derailedz0r For This Useful Post:

jl1 (10-04-2011)

jl1
    Thanks

Since when is it "against the MMi guidelines" to tell people to use Google? Do you need a tissue?
    Last edited by jl1; 10-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Is it piracy to distribute something on net if the item will be free to anyone who wants it anywho?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Which post should be removed?...
    Cody's - I might have reported it myself

Am surprisied, but will refer to the site owners for adjudication.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Thank you for reminding us MOM!
    Nothing in life is easy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

chrsitmas ealry!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think the OWNER of the site knows the rules. Let's take a vote.. Should I just ban him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this not breaking the rules of the forum. I mean, if I say, "hey everyone, I know where you can download a movie still in theaters" I will get hated on. I'm just asking because I'm a paid developer and no matter how you look at it, piracy is, well,,,,,,PIRACY. I guess it's ok since it's Aplle related right? By all means though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Not often I think you are wrong Cody.

I'm sure you've disagreed with me more....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,057 Times in 4,201 Posts

He is the owner and founder of mmi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Is this not breaking the rules of the forum. I mean, if I say, "hey everyone, I know where you can download a movie still in theaters" I will get hated on. I'm just asking because I'm a paid developer and no matter how you look at it, piracy is, well,,,,,,PIRACY. I guess it's ok since it's Aplle related right? By all means though, correct me if I'm wrong.
    All he did was tell people to use google. I understand what your saying but it's really not going to help pointing out.

Guys relax and quit bashing him, he spoke his opinion and doesn't deserved to be disrespected by some of the things people said.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    You don't make a lot of sense. Movies in theaters cost money, iOS 5 is being released next week for free. It is just information being shared, he isn't posting the file or even a link to it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    All he did was tell people to use google. I understand what your saying but it's really not going to help pointing out.

Guys relax and quit bashing him, he spoke his opinion and doesn't deserved to be disrespected by some of the things people said.
    Oh....... The next time I see someone post about how to install **********, or ***********, I'll just tell them to use google. Got it, Now I know that actually posting a link or how to is a "no no" but if you point someone in the right direction it is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    You don't make a lot of sense. Movies in theaters cost money, iOS 5 is being released next week for free. It is just information being shared, he isn't posting the file or even a link to it.
    So why did I pay a hundred bucks to be a developer and have access to these tools to help with my developing? I guess it's ok to tell people where to get something illegal on these boards now. Well, if your the owner.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: edit

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast