+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 GM Released to Developers, Installable By Anyone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How to convert dmg to ipsw on mac
    Green Apple
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    You don't make a lot of sense. Movies in theaters cost money, iOS 5 is being released next week for free. It is just information being shared, he isn't posting the file or even a link to it.
    I guess that's why the Title of the article begins with "released to developers".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adayday View Post
    Mod edit: Please use better language please.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so if im correct i will be able to use cellular data?? making calls and texts?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Oh....... The next time I see someone post about how to install **********, or sinfuliphonerepo, I'll just tell them to use google. Got it, Now I know that actually posting a link or how to is a "no no" but if you point someone in the right direction it is OK.

So why did I pay a hundred bucks to be a developer and have access to these tools to help with my developing? I guess it's ok to tell people where to get something illegal on these boards now. Well, if your the owner.
    Um, well I'd assume you paid $100 for a developer account to well..... be able to develop for the iPhone, correct me if I'm wrong? How is somebody else being able to download it a week early going to change that for you? Also since it is able to be put on an iPhone with a none registered UDID it isn't just for developers anymore. Finally comparing it to pirating software or a movie is just ignorant, it is a soon to be public operating system. Apple loses zero money if people download it a week early.

Thanks

Paying to join the developer program does not make you a developer - why do people do it? And then complain?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Um, well I'd assume you paid $100 for a developer account to well..... be able to develop for the iPhone, correct me if I'm wrong? How is somebody else being able to download it a week early going to change that for you? Also since it is able to be put on an iPhone with a none registered UDID it isn't just for developers anymore. Finally comparing it to pirating software or a movie is just ignorant, it is a soon to be public operating system. Apple loses zero money if people download it a week early.
    Look buddy, I don't care who downloads this GM, or anything else for that matter. It hasn't been released to the public by Apple yet, has it? The answer is no. Therefore, weather you need a UDID or not is irrelevant. The problem I have is "don't make rules that you yourself aren't going to keep.". Again, I will state that it hasn't been released yet, people are downloading with the help of google,,,,,,ummmm, yea that's piracy. At least until it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Paying to join the developer program does not make you a developer - why do people do it? And then complain?
    I often wonder that same thing when I read the Developer forums. Then again it's like going to a site for news and all you get is B.S RUMORS. Why do people go there, then complain? If you go looking for poop, you can't be mad if you step in some.
    Last edited by mustard05; 10-04-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks

Look buddy,
    Why is it that people that say this usually go on to make themselves look very stupid?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Look buddy, I don't care who downloads this GM, or anything else for that matter. It hasn't been released to the public by Apple yet, has it? The answer is no. Therefore, weather you need a UDID or not is irrelevant. The problem I have is "don't make rules that you yourself aren't going to keep.". Again, I will state that it hasn't been released yet, people are downloading with the help of google,,,,,,ummmm, yea that's piracy. At least until it comes out.

I often wonder that same thing when I read the Developer forums. Then again it's like going to a site for news and all you get is B.S RUMORS. Why do people go there, then complain? If you go looking for poop, you can't be mad if you step in some.
    This is the last post I'm going to reply to because this is pointless. Welcome to the real world, making rules that you don't have to follow yourself is one of the perks to being an owner. May not be fair, but it's life. Also, google isn't helping anyone download it, just find it Im very sorry that you have such a miserable life that you must complain about a forum you are active in. Hope that works out for ya.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Loading iOS 5 GM Anyone know if iRealsms works on it yet?

NVM.. found the public beta

Thanks

I guess it was not worth explaining..

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Loading iOS 5 GM Anyone know if iRealsms works on it yet?

NVM.. found the public beta
    I'm still downloading it :/

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    You'd be better off finding an ipsw version instead of the dmg but you can download 7-Zip or transmac(has a trial period). 7-Zip is free.
    Just extract and your good to go
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 10-04-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks

:face palm: This is the last post I'm going to reply to because this is pointless. Welcome to the real world, making rules that you don't have to follow yourself is one of the perks to being an owner. May not be fair, but it's life. Also, google isn't helping anyone download it, just find it Im very sorry that you have such a miserable life that you must complain about a forum you are active in. Hope that works out for ya.
    You lost me at "this is the last post."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

[QUOTE=mustard05;6256908]Oh....... The next time I see someone post about how to install **********, or ***********, I'll just tell them to use google. Got it, Now I know that actually posting a link or how to is a "no no" but if you point someone in the right direction it is OK.

So why did I pay a hundred bucks to be a developer and have access to these tools to help with my developing? I guess it's ok to tell people where to get something illegal on these boards now. Well, if your the owner.[/QUOTE
    Cos you're a mug ready to dole out money to apple all too readily???? are you even a actually a developer?

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok!!! instead of you guys taking your anger from apple's disappointing release this morning on this guy who is helping you get a fast release, maybe you can help me figure out why the GM is not working on my 3GS... Installed- stuck at activating your phone.... Any suggestions?

Thanks

[QUOTE=purplemonkeyspank;6256980]
    Oh....... The next time I see someone post about how to install **********, or ***********, I'll just tell them to use google. Got it, Now I know that actually posting a link or how to is a "no no" but if you point someone in the right direction it is OK.

So why did I pay a hundred bucks to be a developer and have access to these tools to help with my developing? I guess it's ok to tell people where to get something illegal on these boards now. Well, if your the owner.[/QUOTE
    Cos you're a mug ready to dole out money to apple all too readily???? are you even a actually a developer?
    I'm a mug? That's a first. Lol. As for developer, yes. Im working on an App called "Hello World," it's intense stuff. Lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    Ok!!! instead of you guys taking your anger from apple's disappointing release this morning on this guy who is helping you get a fast release, maybe you can help me figure out why the GM is not working on my 3GS... Installed- stuck at activating your phone.... Any suggestions?
    Sometimes it can take a few minutes to activate. If it doesn't activate then do the process again.
    Last edited by mustard05; 10-04-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think the OWNER of the site knows the rules. Let's take a vote.. Should I just ban him?

No, really. This is where we all talk about iOS 5 GM... except it's under NDA... awkward.

So... this is where we talk about My Little Pony instead, yes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh so many laughs reading through this thread. It went from Adayday bashing the article, to everyone bashing Adayday, then mustard05 had to get involved and in turn everyone began bashing him. Anyways, in no way is it piracy telling people to use google. Thats like saying you can kill someone with a gun. If the person you told goes out and kills someone with a gun that does not make you the killer.

EDIT: Yes lets talk about my little pony, i know where you can get the My Little Pony computer game beta...hint: google "my little pony rocks my socks"
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    Oh so many laughs reading through this thread. It went from Adayday bashing the article, to everyone bashing Adayday, then mustard05 had to get involved and in turn everyone began bashing him. Anyways, in no way is it piracy telling people to use google. Thats like saying you can kill someone with a gun. If the person you told goes out and kills someone with a gun that does not make you the killer.

EDIT: Yes lets talk about my little pony, i know where you can get the My Little Pony computer game beta...hint: google "my little pony rocks my socks"
    Careful now, talking about the My Little Pony beta is illegal on these forums since it isn't in public release yet.

Thanks

WOW!!! CODY!!!! This Google you speak of....MARVELOUS!!!!! Wait.....pegleg......parrot.....AARRGGH!!! uh oh..

Thanks

Yep