+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Introduces AppleCare+ for Accident-Prone iPhone Owners

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Introduces AppleCare+ for Accident-Prone iPhone Owners

Apple also rolled out a new program called AppleCare+, which will be available along with the iPhone 4S beginning October 14th. The $99 program is unique in that it offers coverage for the iPhone up to two accidents. So if you're accident-prone and you plan to purchase the new iPhone 4S, this may be a purchase worth making, says Apple.

Every iPhone still comes with one full year of hardware repair coverage and, additionally, 90 days of telephone technical support. According to the announcement made this afternoon by Apple, the new AppleCare+ program "extends repair coverage and technical support to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling."

Each accident, however, is subject to a $49 service fee. Still, as you might expect, AppleCare+ allows for users to enjoy the telephone company of Apple experts who can help troubleshoot issues via telephone or at your nearest convenient Apple Retail Store.

They’ll answer questions about iOS, Apple iPhone apps such as Mail, iMessage, and Calendar, and help you solve interconnectivity issues between your iPhone and Mac or PC. And if your iPhone needs service under the plan, Apple technical support representatives can even set up a repair during the same call.
    Are you interested in AppleCare+ or will you take a pass this time around?

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm passing on the iPhone 4s all together...

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoWoRkSoN's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I'm passing on the iPhone 4s all together as well. Nothing great coming out of this new model. But my girlfriend will benefit from it because she had the iPhone 3G and it died on her so this is a huge upgrade for her LOL. I'm sticking to my iPhone 4. I might have to get her this plan since she is one of those accident prone persons.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is actually more exciting than the new iPhone. This is a better value than phone insurance offered through your carrier

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

Even though I hate to update and get the iPhone 4s I might because I am still using the 3Gs here and would love something a little different. As for the applecare probably will not get it because I have never needed something like this since I started with the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

a good case and bar of soap (butterfingers) is cheaper.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So $150-$200 for up to two fixes? eh, not really worth, espcially since it doesn't sound like it covers water damage.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This is not worth the cost at all. Think of it this way-$99 for coverage$49/per incidentLimited to 2 claimsSo you will have to spend $149 if you damage your iPhone accidentally ie. Break your screen, break the back, etc. Most repair companies charge a fraction of this price still and offer while you wait service without an appointment or the hassle of dealing with Apple and receiving a refurbished iPhone as a replacement. No thank you, I would rather get my iPhone repaired for the same price or less and keep all of my data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

$200 = 2 repairs in 2 years... OR $200 = iPhone 4ss/5/6 in 1-2 years... Not a tough choice there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    I'm passing on the iPhone 4s all together...
    DITTO!!!!! I'll pass also. I'm thinking alot of iPhone 4 owners are feeling the same way. Not enough for me to upgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is actually more exciting than the new iPhone. This is a better value than phone insurance offered through your carrier
    Lol i have to agree, its nicer knowing you have protection available for your iphone no matter what happens then being able to talk to it, though i am hoping i enjoy talking to it since i have no one else to talk to :P
    No sig spam. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    is it wrong to point out that you simply could wait till you dropped the phone, then buy the care - and report it two weeks later?

you can buy applecare at any point in your warranty....

naturally this makes it never a waste of money as you only spend the $100 when you already know the protection will be used...just a tip
    Last edited by mutigers42; 10-04-2011 at 08:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

If I get a 4S, I'm gonna jailbreak it anyway, so no point in buying AppleCare+ for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutigers42 View Post
    is it wrong to point out that you simply could wait till you dropped the phone, then buy the care - and report it two weeks later?

you can buy applecare at any point in your warranty....

naturally this makes it never a waste of money as you only spend the $100 when you already know the protection will be used...just a tip
    Actually you only have 30 days to add apple care plan to your phone if you miss it you can't add it later. But I agree it's not worth it at all.