Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Breakdown of iPhone 4S: A Disappointing Analysis?

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think we should make it a requirement to post your age on your profile so the rest of us can see if we're arguing with a teenager that doesn't have the mental capacity to think critically about things in life yet and we don't have to waste our time trying to reason with a brick wall.
    I could not agree more!!!

I would ignore a lot more posts on here if I knew and understood that it was just a kid that knew no better.

Although sometimes you can just tell :-)
    Last edited by norfskate; 10-06-2011 at 02:13 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to norfskate For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-08-2011)

I just don't understand what the entire fuss is about, I have read every comment on this article and I just don't get it. I own an iPhone 4 and i will be definitely
    upgrading to the 4S because I have the extra upgrade to do so. By the time the 5 comes out i'll have another upgrade to use. I just take mine to Radio Shack, because they have a very nice Trade in program, and from what they've been telling me, I'll actually get paid to upgrade to the 4S. When the 5 comes out i'll just do the same thing. It's a pretty sweet gig.

Anyway, these haters and fan-boys need to just stop. It's completely immature to think that just because the phone looks the same that it is the same phone. The
    internals are where it matters, not only that it's the way the iOS integrates in with the hardware is where the real difference comes. That in and of itself is besides the point. I don't want a completely new form factor. I was uber annoyed that the I4 was the way it was (Juicebox) because i had to get all new cases and docks and dock adapters for what i already had. This way i won't have to do that. I have a nice case/holster/dock/adapter for my I4 and it will work the same way for my 4S when it drops. I just hope i can get to radio shack in time to get one on day one.

I am most excited for the SIRI feature on the 4S because I would love to use voice commands more and actually tell my phone what to do and it freaking does it.
    Come on it's the future in a box here. I mean we're talking Star Trek TNG stuff: Picard: "Computer run simulation 4756-D" Computer: "Yes Captain". I mean that is pretty epic when you really think about it. The only thing at the moment that is bad about it is that i can't find my bluetooth headset so I can use it all the time now. To all the others like me on this board I +10000 your posts. To all the haters and fan-boys out there. If you don't want it DON'T BUY IT! and stop complaining. It's as simple as that. I'm not here to bash or get mad or troll so I don't want anybody taking this the wrong way. I've considered Android, but I've had my phone since the release of the 3GS and I can't justify switching to android for 3 reasons.

1. There is no way i can get the money back I've spent for apps unless i sell my iTunes account on eBay, which violates the Apple TOS and would get my @$$ in jail or sued.

2. Android is way too buggy and the apps on it have a significantly higher crash rate than anything on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch combined.

3. There are just too many phones that run Android on the market at the moment. It's brain exploding to try to think about which Android is the best as far as specs go. And none of them have the same Hardware/Software Integration that the iPhone does. I don't want to have to think that much about buying a effing phone. It should be as simple as picking out your clothes. You know what you like you buy it.

There's my Android rant. Tear it apart if you wish, but that's just my personal opinion that I have every right to express just like the trolls/fan-boys/haters on here.

Back on topic, I will very much enjoy getting paid to upgrade to the iPhone 4S and I will also enjoy getting paid to upgrade to the 5. The specs on the 4S ARE a
    significant upgrade from the 4 no matter what anybody says. I want that A5. I want that 8MP camera with the entirely new and awesome optics. I want the Dual Antenna design which will improve overall call quality and 3G download speeds. I want the Siri the most of all. What I don't want nor do I like is these people complaining to Apple like they actually think Apple will listen to them and change their minds. Just because the 4S is the same form factor as the 4. I'd be willing to bet that if they announced the same phone but called it the iPhone 5 there would be a lot less complaining on this comment thread.

Sorry for my long winded comment but I needed to rant. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by TyanColte; 10-05-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Formatting got all screwed up.

I saw a mock up of the 4 with a bigger screen and it looked horrible I'm very happy with 4s was never expecting a 5 I would say those who were are very naive to think apple wouldn't try their best to get more money from consumers like any company would not a dig at apple just business and I personally don't want my phone to be any bigger than the perfection I am writing this on easily the best looking phone out why fix what's not broken. One more thing I've seen loads of places where people have said they have been waiting 16 months for this. Not really apple never stated there would be an upgrade every year and the iphone4 came out last year so at the most you have only waited 4 months MAX. Just my 2cents not having a dig at anyone.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

I'm really happy with upgrade Apple announced. Maybe we should face the fact that we always expect from Apple a revolution...EVERY YEAR???...
    The specs of the iP4S now are up-to-date, the IOS5 is said to be the most advanced mobile operating system...what more does a consumer want after one year?
    A bigger screen? Honestly: 4-5" screen is brilliant - true! But when it comes to ergonomics and phone size?
    The iPhone you ca operate completely with ONE hand the thumb can access any point of screen, try this with Galaxy SII

Maybe then better buy an iPad which then enables you to do REAL more than on an iPhone (doesn't matter with 3.5 or 5").
    What can u do better on an HTC-phone with 4.x" than with an iPhone with 3.5" ...except typing letters? - what can u do better with an iPad than an HTC 5" Phone? - a LOT!
    So, I love that iP4S, as it enables me to use my current peripherals and I have no need to buy new cases, car adapters a.s.o. with my new phone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -gruengross.jpg  
    Last edited by henftling; 10-08-2011 at 04:35 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-08-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    I saw a mock up of the 4 with a bigger screen and it looked horrible I'm very happy with 4s was never expecting a 5 I would say those who were are very naive to think apple wouldn't try their best to get more money from consumers like any company would not a dig at apple just business and I personally don't want my phone to be any bigger than the perfection I am writing this on easily the best looking phone out why fix what's not broken. One more thing I've seen loads of places where people have said they have been waiting 16 months for this. Not really apple never stated there would be an upgrade every year and the iphone4 came out last year so at the most you have only waited 4 months MAX. Just my 2cents not having a dig at anyone.
    A bigger screen like the Galaxy would be great. The iPhone is a little too small. And while Apple never stated they were going to bring us a phone a year, but it is implied, and also essential to keep up with other makers. Once a year is not much at all when technology is advancing like it is. And as far as waiting... I got my iPhone on June 23, 2010, a day before the launch. On my calendar 16 months have passed since then, not 4... get a new calendar my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Well yeah not a big upgrade BUT it is still an upgrade. They did this last time. From 3G brought 3Gs then the 4. So now from i4 brought i4s then will be the i5. If they do early upgrades like last time and I can sell my i4 for $100 at most. And just pay $100 for an i4s then I'll go ahead and upgrade. It's not a waste cause when the i5 comes out they'll def do an early upgrade fee.
    There are several companies buying old iPhones. Up to $250 for a working , non-damaged iPhone 4. Watch for ads on TV or Google it.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 10-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I like being able to handle my phone with one hand and reach all the screen with my thumb. A huge screen is great in theory but just not ergonomically usable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TyanColte View Post
    I've considered Android, but I've had my phone since the release of the 3GS and I can't justify switching to android for 3 reasons.

1. There is no way i can get the money back I've spent for apps unless i sell my iTunes account on eBay, which violates the Apple TOS and would get my @$$ in jail or sued.

This is actually the single reason that I'm leaving Apple for an android. I don't want to pay for so many apps and then end up being stuck on 1 phone. With android I have at least lots of phones to choose from and I'd be able to keep all my apps.

Luvmytj if you believe apple implied once a year then it only 4 months since you've had yours a year so you havnt been waiting 16 months at all you have waited 4 months for a new device you need to read what I wrote before commenting. Also I'm in complete agreement with Poseidon about screen if I can't use a phone one handed then it is no longer a phone i believe it becomes a pda like device not a mobile phone. The reason I will never get an android is because I don't think I should have to have a firewall on my phone to stop people from injecting my phone with malware/viruses because i wanted to download an app.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567