+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Breakdown of iPhone 4S: A Disappointing Analysis?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Seeing most people's comments here... disappointing is an under statement. It says a lot about the new phone, what people want, and Apples own expectations... and none of them match
    Thanks

Seeing most people's comments here... disappointing is an under statement. It says a lot about the new phone, what people want, and Apples own expectations... and none of them match up. Apple needs to stop this trend fast or they won't be in phone business for much longer. The iPhone is suppose to be the standard. Instead it's now the tortes lagging behind and using ignorant people's money to bolster their company. Fail.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only thing it doesn't have that I wanted was a bigger screen, but I'm used to the I4, so it won't bother me. I can finally justify getting a white one, that is as long as I don't have to wait a year for delivery.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well. Definitively not going for the 4s. I will stay with my 4. Disappointed, but on the other side, happy, as will save some money while I finish my current contract, and upgrade only once the 5 is available.

Thanks

I think its funny that many are considering this some sort of let down or failure...?? What did you expect? The same thing was said about the 3GS to 4 upgrade..and look we all bought it regardless. I don't see Android doing anything groundbreaking on their end..I think Apple gave us enough to hold us over until the iPhone 5 officially drops. I'm satisfied, as the 4S has plenty of new capabilities and is very fast. I'll be buying one or should I say my company will buy me one

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Do not want!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Differences between 3GS and 3G:
    • The 3Gs has a much faster processor than the 3G
    • The 3Gs can achieve 7.2mbps on HSDPA while the 3G can only achieve 3.6mbps
    • The 2.0 megapixel camera of the 3G has been replaced with a 3.0 megapixel camera that supports video recording in the 3GS
    • The 3Gs can now support OpenGl ES 2.0 while the 3G can only support 1.1
    • The 3Gs has voice control and a magnetic compass which are not available in the 3G
    Differences between 4S and 4:
    • Dual Core A5 Processor vs Single Core A4.
    • Dual Core Graphics that are reportedly 9x faster plus the additional graphics boost comparable to current-gen consoles.
    • 8 Hour 3G Talk Time Battery vs 7 hours.
    • The 4S can achieve 14.4mbps on HSDPA+ while the 4 can only achieve 7.2mbps.
    • A true world phone vs having two spereate models. iOS no longer forked.
    • A 64GB model where as the 4 topped at 32GB.
    • 8 Megapixel Camera 3264x2448 Resolution, 5 Lens, Backside Illuminated CMOS.
    • 1080p Video Recording vs 720p.
    • Video Image Stabilization.
    • Temporal Noise Reduction.
    • Siri Voice.
    The 4S is the single biggest upgrade the iPhone has seen in it's entire lifespan (yes even going from the 3GS to the 4).

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I don't see what all the negativity is over. It's what's inside that is nice in this model. I want to take full advantage of iOS 5 and my upgrade is due in November so I'm on board. You can't honestly expect a complete facelift every year from Apple. Be thankful they keep improving and refining a good thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmillermcp View Post
    Differences between 3GS and 3G:
    • The 3Gs has a much faster processor than the 3G
    • The 3Gs can achieve 7.2mbps on HSDPA while the 3G can only achieve 3.6mbps
    • The 2.0 megapixel camera of the 3G has been replaced with a 3.0 megapixel camera that supports video recording in the 3GS
    • The 3Gs can now support OpenGl ES 2.0 while the 3G can only support 1.1
    • The 3Gs has voice control and a magnetic compass which are not available in the 3G
    Differences between 4S and 4:
    • Dual Core A5 Processor vs Single Core A4.
    • Dual Core Graphics that are reportedly 9x faster plus the additional graphics boost comparable to current-gen consoles.
    • 8 Hour 3G Talk Time Battery vs 7 hours.
    • The 4S can achieve 14.4mbps on HSDPA+ while the 4 can only achieve 7.2mbps.
    • A true world phone vs having two spereate models. iOS no longer forked.
    • A 64GB model where as the 4 topped at 32GB.
    • 8 Megapixel Camera 3264x2448 Resolution, 5 Lens, Backside Illuminated CMOS.
    • 1080p Video Recording vs 720p.
    • Video Image Stabilization.
    • Temporal Noise Reduction.
    • Siri Voice.
    The 4S is the single biggest upgrade the iPhone has seen in it's entire lifespan (yes even going from the 3GS to the 4).
    I agree, the 4S sounds amazing and I love the look and feel of the 4. Plus, they fixed the "death grip" situation with the Verizon antenna design. The only thing that impressed me was Siri and even though I wouldn't use it on a daily basis I would love to play with it. If the 4S had this many updates just imagine how many the iPhone 5 should or will have...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy. View Post
    I agree with you that it seems like the same old upgrade, but the 3GS and 4 debutued with a new iOS that featured a boat load of new features. iOS5 does not have many signifigant changes. The voice recognigtion thing doesn't excite me as much as it looks like Apple expected, I just don't need it. I'd still like to play with it, but seems like a waste of time.

I think a lot of the this "screw apple, hello andriod" is just anger and were all bluffing. If they would have called it the iPhone 5, I think we'd be having a different convseration. I'm still probably going to get it, but not looking forward to using my upgrade and having to wait when they release the iPhone 5 in less then a year.
    yah, I dont understand why people are furious that it looks the same. Id rather have them develop the inside of the phone over the outside. Its a GREAT looking phone, best out in my opinion by far. Id rather have the extra money spent on more expensive internals then time, research, and engineering going into a prettier shell.

There is not as drastic of an OS change but, IMO, no OS pushes it too far right now either. All the tweaks added, while not breathtaking, are pretty fantastic. what huge practical advantages does any other smartphone offer?

With how well android ran on my better specd android phone this dual core iPhone with faster graphics and more memory will in my opinion blow the doors in speed off any android phone. If I ran concurrently half the apps on my android as on my iPhone 4 it was bogged down and crappy. Not to mention my battery was DONE in a few hours... I also experimented with many android tweaks and even rooted my phone, I'm not a tech noob I knew what I was doing and it didn't compare too well.

People don't understand that its not just a Spec battle its also a battle of how well the OS merges with the hardware for efficiency in running AND battery consumption.

Just my 2 cents but in the past 12 months I went iPhone --> Blackberry --> Android --> iPhone. there is a reason I went back to the iPhone and it would take something pretty drastic for me to ever switch back.
    make it a great day!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Where is the "CHEAP" iPhone ????

No,No,No,No..,No....I'm not going to buy iPhone 4S....wewwww
    They are going the wrong way... I want the phone to fit in my wallet. Then I'll upgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

One thing I forgot in my list, if I read it right, the 4S will finally let you CDMA folks to use voice and data simultaneously. Something the GSM users take for granted.

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Man! It's so good to hear people being realistic and appreciating the new iPhone, anyone else noticed for the first time today five or six sensible comments in a row :-)

Guess the forums tone changes once the kids go to bed :-)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmillermcp View Post
    Yes it is!! Yet, all the tards still complain. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    Man! It's so good to hear people being realistic and appreciating the new iPhone, anyone else noticed for the first time today five or six sensible comments in a row :-)

Guess the forums tone changes once the kids go to bed :-)
    Lol. True!

Green Apple
    Thanks

For me, I was wanting the larger screen, other than that the new 4s does everything they could do. Am I going to upgrade, probably, the camera is deffinitly better and the way I view pictures is they are a once in a lifetime chance, you will never be able to go back and redo them. So if I can have a better camera in the same package then I will. Yes carrying a slr would be better but not always practical. Also the Sira might be good.
    As for an iphone 5, it probably wont come out till this time next year, so it is still worth updating.

Thanks

I really had my sights set on a larger screen and new form factor...As is I'm happy to keep my iPhone 4 for another year. Oh and I see a ton of people referring to next years iPhone as the iPhone 5. You're all stupid. It will be the iPhone 6. Tards...

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Where is the "CHEAP" iPhone ????

No,No,No,No..,No....I'm not going to buy iPhone 4S....wewwww
    I wasn't going to upgrade anyways. I'm fully content with my iPhone 4. Don't want it bigger, it would be awkward in my pocket. Nit worried about 4g cuz it's not available in my area. Am I shocked there's no iPhone 5 announced today?? Kind of. Am I disappointed??? Not at all.

I still love my phone, and wouldn't trade it for a Droid in a million years.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GellBrake'rrrr For This Useful Post:

ByteArt (10-04-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jupit3r View Post
    I for one am impressed with Apple and the iPhone 4S. There is a lot of hate but Apple made some wise decisions. First off if they increase the size of the screen then it would create fragmentation because not every app is going to be formatted for a different screen size, and Apple doesn't like fragmentation.

Secondly this is the same as the iPhone 3G/3GS, so why is everyone acting like Apple has done something horrible. The Media (as well as blogs) constantly made predictions an rumors and because of it people believed that a new radically designed model was on the way.

Nonetheless there are some major improvements to the iPhone 4S which will still sells millions and most likely next year Apple is gonna change everything again with a new designed iPhone
    - Screen size is overcome easily. The iPad runs iPhone apps full screen no problem.
    - The iPhone 3GS sucked just like the 4GS sucks.
    - A little speed & an AI app many could care less about is no "event".

Thanks

Honestly, it's no iPhone 5 but what dies it really have that the iPhone 5 was supposed to? I mean honestly, a SLIGHTLY bigger screen and different design are not that important and as for NFC, it isn't widely adopted enough to be practical. Everyone has to realize that apple isn't the one putting out these rumors, and anyone with and iPad 2 will know that an A5 processor is a great thing. This phone may not be groundbreaking but the combination of hardware and software is defiantly still competitive. Fanboys and haters just need to calm down!!!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, Apple just added stuff that no one wants, seriously a better GPU? Really? Why, the only way you'll notice any difference in games is if say Uncharted 3 or Gears Of War 3 showed up in the App Store, Angry Birds sure won't get any better.Notification light, OLED screen would have been preferable and it didn't give a "wow" factor like the 3GS did from the 3G.You can't add a 8MP CMOS camera and not give it a dedicated button and swap the volume buttons side so you can use them as zoom.After this poor launch, I think iPhone 5 next year will be a super major upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone 4S is the scapegoat for Apple to jack up the price on iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Ikemann888; 10-04-2011 at 05:21 PM.