+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Breakdown of iPhone 4S: A Disappointing Analysis?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Never thought I'd say this but the samsung galaxy s2 is looking good to me sorry apple but you failed today
    Thanks

Never thought I'd say this but the samsung galaxy s2 is looking good to me sorry apple but you failed today

Thanks
    Totally disappointed , I believe this is the time for apple to go down and the other go's up.Yes to Samsung Galaxy

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple has sealed their fate with this piece of garbage their stock does not lie time for a Droid.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,038 Posts

i dont know what the big surprise is. this is the basic upgrade apple does at the one year mark faster phone and better camera. just like they did with the 3g to 3gs

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

What a joke Apple!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    That pictue describes exactly how I feel. DAMN YOU APPLE!!! That being said I will still upgrade bc my 3GS is about to drive my insane, and my HTC Inspire has lost its fire. I love my ipad 2, so having the speed increase along with the additional features of Siri, iOS5, and icloud should make me happy for the time being. But not being able to upgrade when a truly new iphone comes out is going to leave me pissed once again. Lets just hope for a speedy jail break.
    I'm in the same boat as you my friend. Seems like were on the **** end up of the upgrade cycle. I might save a $100 and buy the iPhone 4 or check out the WP7.

Does it count as my upgrade if I go from the 3GS to iPhone 4?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple duped us it's Droid time

Thanks

what were you guys expecting, seriously?Im not getting a 4S but switching to android? whats changed on that side that pushes them way over?I had an android phone less than 6 months ago for a while and was not impressed at all. Battery life was way worse and app management/crashes were much more consistent then on my iphone.Dual core processor, probably more RAM, upgraded graphics. This is not only no different then the 3G --> 3GS its quite a significant performance upgrade. The new iOS5 features look pretty interesting and some new features that look nice, certainly better than anything my android phone had.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy. View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you my friend. Seems like were on the **** end up of the upgrade cycle. I might save a $100 and buy the iPhone 4 or check out the WP7.

Does it count as my upgrade if I go from the 3GS to iPhone 4?
    It sure does. And that was the problem with getting a 3Gs. You are stuck now in that (s) phone vortex apple has started. You are going to have to wait even more until the real iphone 5 comes out to get out of it. Or Pay the thousands of dollars to buy one out of contract.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait all I wanted was a new iphone to shut people up about android well here it is
    Just as good as anything they got and even better looking then any phone out now

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
    what were you guys expecting, seriously?Im not getting a 4S but switching to android? whats changed on that side that pushes them way over?I had an android phone less than 6 months ago for a while and was not impressed at all. Battery life was way worse and app management/crashes were much more consistent then on my iphone.Dual core processor, probably more RAM, upgraded graphics. This is not only no different then the 3G --> 3GS its quite a significant performance upgrade. The new iOS5 features look pretty interesting and some new features that look nice, certainly better than anything my android phone had.
    I agree with you that it seems like the same old upgrade, but the 3GS and 4 debutued with a new iOS that featured a boat load of new features. iOS5 does not have many signifigant changes. The voice recognigtion thing doesn't excite me as much as it looks like Apple expected, I just don't need it. I'd still like to play with it, but seems like a waste of time.

I think a lot of the this "screw apple, hello andriod" is just anger and were all bluffing. If they would have called it the iPhone 5, I think we'd be having a different convseration. I'm still probably going to get it, but not looking forward to using my upgrade and having to wait when they release the iPhone 5 in less then a year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Although I agree with everyone here that the 4S is a let down I think I am going to have to get one. Conveniently my iPhone 4 was stolen from my gym locker 3 weeks ago and my bank reimbursed me for the price it would cost to replace out of contract. So my go phone has barley able to keep me above water for a few weeks...so I'll get one but I just wish I was getting an IPhone 5.

This doesn't look good for Tim Cook and his first product release.....he better not let us down in the future.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

what people don't remember about the iPhone is that you can't always expect huge changes to an iPhone i mean look from iPhone 1 - 2 - 3 people just expect a huge change like what the iPhone 4 brought us I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE CHANGES bravo apple

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,234 Times in 3,346 Posts

I love Apple an bought every ******* iPhone, but now it´s enough, i´m very disappointed of the new iphone 4s. After 1/2 years (probably much longer ) of development they made everything new but packed it into the old iPhone4 case with the same small 3,5 inch display ?And Siri is only Software that would run well on every faster iPhone, Apple spits on it´s long time consumers again ! This will be the first iPhone i won´t buy, sometimes i think Apple is completly insane. I WANT MY IPHONE 5 !!! and begin to think about alternatives......

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Damm there's a lot of crying on here!

I'm chuf'd to bits! :-)

64GB!!! A5 processor! 8MP camera!

It's exactly everything I wanted!

AND... I'm well happy it's staying the same size :-)

What exactly did everyone want? 128GB? 2ghz processor? Even thiner? Fat screen (that would require it's own app store)? 12MP camera (in a thin body)? Expencive technology that barely anyone has the infrastructure for (NFC/4G)?

Seriously? I actually want to know? What did you want? I don't want to hear about Android, just a short list of "missing" features please?

:-)
    Last edited by norfskate; 10-04-2011 at 03:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinlow View Post
    i dont know what the big surprise is. this is the basic upgrade apple does at the one year mark faster phone and better camera. just like they did with the 3g to 3gs
    agreed we can say apple redesigns the iphone every 2 years but i find it stupid that they have so much money that it takes them 2 years to redesign a phone really??? the only time they redesigned in a year was from the original first iphone to the 3g

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll likely still end up getting something. I already prided my fiancé my current iPhone 4. I may as well get the 4s (or android) as she is set on getting at least the iPhone 4

Thanks
    I for one am impressed with Apple and the iPhone 4S. There is a lot of hate but Apple made some wise decisions. First off if they increase the size of the screen then it would create fragmentation because not every app is going to be formatted for a different screen size, and Apple doesn't like fragmentation.

Secondly this is the same as the iPhone 3G/3GS, so why is everyone acting like Apple has done something horrible. The Media (as well as blogs) constantly made predictions an rumors and because of it people believed that a new radically designed model was on the way.

Nonetheless there are some major improvements to the iPhone 4S which will still sells millions and most likely next year Apple is gonna change everything again with a new designed iPhone

Thanks

All of you Apple users threatening to go droid, Please hurry and do so. Your clogging up the timelines. Thanks from all of us.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Funny how people weren't this disappointed when Apple went to the 3GS from the 3G and it was much less of an upgrade than the 4S is to the 4.