Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Killer Feature "Siri" Personal Assistant Brings Man One Step Closer to Skynet

They made Siri only available for the iPhone 4S because they want you to upgrade. It has absolutely nothing to do with CPU power, no matter what anyone tells you.

Question is, if this is purely a software enhancement on iOS5 why can't we run this on iPhone4??

Though supposedly the processor on the 4 is not "powerful" enough to handle Siri I wonder if the JB community can tweak it so it'll still work...anyone know??
    Last edited by nickkim79; 10-04-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Y'know what's so disappointing about this? Apple makes umpteen billion dollars a year and they still can't design an entirely new phone in a year. They can't even change the bevel around the edge of the phone. Nothing! They're slapping in a chip that cost probably an extra two dollars to manufacture and calling it a day...

You can actually get Siri Assistant from the App Store. Unfortanately, you try to download it, its actually not available, maybe because of bottlenecking. But I have other ways to get it, and if you all know what I mean go get it.. Google is your friend.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    They made Siri only available for the iPhone 4S because they want you to upgrade. It has absolutely nothing to do with CPU power, no matter what anyone tells you.
    I completely agree! I guarantee that non iphone 4s owners will be able to get this or something similar through Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    From what I've read Siri is only for iPhone 4S and maybe the iPad 2 it is dependent in the A5 processor and lots of RAM.
    Thats complete bull of Apple is going to pull a fast one on us iPhone 4 users by giving Siri to only 4S customers. The Siri feature can and will work on the iPhone 4. Always trust your friendly jailbreak community.
     Think Different.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

then they should be able to port it over to a regular i4 with a jailbreak tweak just as they have done with other features from ios4 that were not available on 3gs and 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

How many of you remember this? This screenshot is living breathing proof it can indeed work considering this was enabled on an iPhone 4 in iOS 5 Beta 5. (The little microphone icon to the bottom left of the space bar)http://technoruff.com/wp-content/upl...07-0346441.jpg
    Last edited by JonnyBoy123; 10-04-2011 at 03:10 PM.
     Think Different.

This is actually would be a very useful tool for many people. I know I loved the voice reading and typing on my Nokia phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

WTF is the big deal about Siri? I am on 4.3.3 iOS on my i4 and I already have the Siri app! It's not that great or anything and u certainly don't know why Apple is acting like it's NEW cuz I've had for probably close to 9 months!

I just tried to post a pic of it but for some reason it's saying I dont have permission to post a pic!

hmm.. so i'm guessing you can't trade in your i4 for the i4s?

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    WTF is the big deal about Siri? I am on 4.3.3 iOS on my i4 and I already have the Siri app! It's not that great or anything and u certainly don't know why Apple is acting like it's NEW cuz I've had for probably close to 9 months!

I just tried to post a pic of it but for some reason it's saying I dont have permission to post a pic!
    Probably becase this version has far deeper intergration than the app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12