+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S - Tech Specs and Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
haterz sippin on haterade
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

haterz sippin on haterade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default -____-
    Quote Originally Posted by steeda763 View Post
    The hardware is fairly impressive and all, but how will anybody know that I just paid all that damn money for a brand new iPhone if it looks exactly the same?? :'(Well...I guess other than walking around talking to it...
    lmao if all you do is pay "all that damn money" for a cell phone just to try to look cool and show it off to people who will probably have the same thing, your a true ********.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks

well not many people beside the owner of iPhone3G/Gs will upgrade to this new iPhone4 ........ FAIL!!?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

Thanks

lulz all y'all saying you're going to some Android phone will likely come back when you find out the battery life sucks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    What he means by 4G has not been released yet is that no phone is 4G capable. They are 3.5 speeds, not 4. Correct me if i am wrong.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, but 4G is forth generation cellular data technology, it doesn't mean a specific speed.

LTE is one flavor of 4G data technology, which supports scalable bandwidth for the carriers, which at it's lowest levels is a significant increase in speed over all flavors of 3G technology.

There are several 1st generation LTE phones out there utilizing the LTE 4G networks on AT&T, Verizon, and TMobile. Sprint also has some "4G" capable phones on their WiMax flavor of 4G data service.

We are witnessing only the infancy of these new data technology deployments. However, there are several phones available, with more coming soon, from various vendors, on various networks. Apple's new iPhone isn't one of them.

Thanks

Default ohhhh dear
    this is a joke right? so the iphone 4 has just been brought up to spec with the galaxy s2! I sold my 2 iphone4 and got a s2 and was waiting for new iphone but im defo keeping the s2, luckily I like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    well not many people beside the owner of iPhone3G/Gs will upgrade to this new iPhone4 ........ FAIL!!?
    i am a 3G owner and have been for 2 yrs now so i def need this upgrade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    lulz all y'all saying you're going to some Android phone will likely come back when you find out the battery life sucks.

HTC sucks on battery my stock rom samsung galaxy s2 lasts me 22hrs and I use it harrrrrd.

Green Apple chrodriguezmarydown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    so will siri be available for the iphone 4? is it part of ios5? or will it just be for the 4s? im not that worried anyways im sure the boiz will find a way to get it on cydia
    You can get "Siri" on the AppStore.... Lol. But if you were wondering if a Cydia Developer would integrate it into IOS 4 then let's hope! I'd +1 that idea!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    I'm gonna stick with my iPhone 4! Jus like how I sticked with my iPad 1! Come on apple! What so good about the 4s?! A little better camera? Big woop! Faster opening up apps by a couple of seconds? Big woop! What a FAIL! I'll wait for the iPhone 5...
    They know folks like you will wait for them. They are counting on Apple Fanboys waiting to get only what they deem appropriate for dibbling out to what they believe are their legions of lemmings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razeurstandards View Post
    lmao if all you do is pay "all that damn money" for a cell phone just to try to look cool and show it off to people who will probably have the same thing, your a true dickhead.
    It was sarcasm jackass.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Although i my self am disappointed, i will be getting this phone. After going from the i4 to the galaxy s2 i just miss the latter too much! It wouldn't have killed apple to at least give us a bigger screen though. Can't see why after the massive delay we only got a faster iPhone 4...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My Upgrade is in January. It looks like I may checking the best Android phone AT&T has to offer with a minimum 4" screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

It sucks and I'm disappointed that there's no new design but who am I kidding...I'll be up early preordering. Gave wifey my 4 and using a 3GS....will def be an upgrade and I'll find a way to get the 5 when it's out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading through these comments i have to say many people on this site are to caught up in the physical aspect of the device. People are showing that they just wanted a new iPhone design so they could walk around with it and people would be like WOAH. However, the specs for the 4S are actually pretty impressive no matter how you look at it. Just because it doesn't have the 4G label it still pushes 4G speeds. Hell most of the places in the US are even covered by 4G anyways. Siri is very useful and powerful technology. The phone may look exactly the same but the overall quality is much greater than that of iPhone 4. An incredible camera incredible speed and no matter how you look at it, its better faster (stronger aha). If Apple changes one little part of the outside and called it the 5 everyone knows they would go bananas over it. I will be buying one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prgeno View Post
    There are several LTE "4G" phones available now on all 3 major US networks.
    LTE is not 4G, LTE means long term evolution towards 4th generation mobile networking.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

to me real question is when will iPhone5 be out. if its next june then if you upgrade now your screwed. I want Siri, but I think I will pass for now. Not enough change IMHO. Bummer, really wanted a larger screen.

Thanks

Could have at least added an NFC chip!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

I, too, was looking forward to some of the hyped up features of iPhone 5 like the larger screen. But the 4S is not without it's awesomeness. I like the fact that the camera is better with video stabilization and full 1080p HD. Siri also seems like an awesome addition, but I've known voice actuation is never as reliable as I would like. We'll just have to see. I'm lookIng forward to the faster dual-core A5 processor. Having the 3G for over 2 years is a miserable affair.

To answer questions, Siri is for the iPhone 4S only. The A5 processor is needed for that technology. 3G network speeds are theoretically as fast as "4G" networks offered by carriers like Sprint or Verizon. 3G networks are up to 5 times more reliable than "4G" networks. No, there is not NFC technology in the iPhone 4S.

And just to reiterate, October 7 iPhone 4S pre-orders - October 12 iOS 5 release for 3GS and 4 - October 14 Official iPhone 4S release. Expect up to 3 weeks for delivery ... maybe longer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    HA! tell me about it! I thought the iPhone 4 battery sucked but let me tell ya, my galaxy s2 battery is shockingly bad! But not just that but the whole android thing is very sloppy. im kicking my self that i fell for the android hype! Android is bloody awful.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast