Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint To Possibly Get iPhone 5 Exclusively?

Thanks

Default Sprint To Possibly Get iPhone 5 Exclusively?

It was reported earlier today by the Wall Street Journal that Sprint was in an agreement with Apple to purchase over $20 billion worth of iPhones over the next four years, which is equivalent to around 30 million iPhones. According to analysts, Sprint won’t even be breaking even on the transaction until 2014, which is a large risk on Sprint’s part.

The folks over at BGR are claiming to have a solid industry contact that is bringing new information to the table. According to their sources, the real iPhone 5 is an exclusive, while the iPhone 4S will not be. The iPhone 5 device is said to be a 4G WiMAX device, which goes along with previous rumors of the iPhone having 4G capability. According to this new source, AT&T and Verizon plan to launch the iPhone 4S and get the iPhone 5 some time in the first quarter of next year as an LTE device, which would differ from the WiMAX supposedly being released in the near future. Globally, the iPhone 5 might be available as a 4G HSPA+ device later on.

According to BGR, the iPhone 4S that Apple will be introducing tomorrow will feature the following:
    • A low voltage Apple A5 CPU (it won’t be the same as the iPad 2 chip, clock for clock).
    • Updated front and back camera sensors. FaceTime HD in the front, 8-megapixel 1080p HD video recording in the back.
    • Multiband 3G Qualcomm chipset — North American & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for AT&T and Global carriers, North American CDMA & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for Verizon and Sprint.
    • NFC support.
    • Metal or “premium” plastic on the back case.
    And here is what BGR’s source said about the iPhone 5:
    • Faster CPU.
    • Larger 4-inch screen, similar to LG’s NOVA display but with a higher resolution.
    • 1GB of RAM.
    • Slightly larger design overall, but thinner and with a larger battery.
    • 32GB of storage.
    • iPhone 5 exclusive software and APIs (Assistant).
    • Dedicated Assistant button, possibly integrated with the new home button, “think gestures or a two-stage button like a camera shutter key).
    A rumor like this feels ridiculously out of line for a number of reasons including the fact that a $20 billion deal was withheld until the day before the big release, the iPhone will have WiMAX (which is on Sprint only), and somehow the two carriers who have had the iPhone for a while now (AT&T and Verizon) won’t be getting the iPhone until a later date.

BGR has been known to have a spotty record when it comes to predictions but this one has been the most outrageous one by far. Instead of even continuing to list ALL the reasons why this rumor is probably wrong, it might just be a better use of time to be patient and wait until tomorrow’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” event.

Stay tuned for more info!

Source: BGR
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 10-03-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks

Holy crap!!! 1GB of ram!!... 4in screen would be nice too.

I highly doubt it. For some reason is just doesnt make sense. There will be many mad iphone users nd for Apple to do this after it already release iphones for Att nd Verizon is highly u likely. This is just one of those last minute BS rumor to frustrate some iphone users.

THAT/THIS IS A TRAGEDY!!!

Do you watch the "let's tAlk iPhone" on the Internet? Or where? Sorry about the noon question.

No way would apple EVER do this...just not plausible or sensible...wouldn't be logical for apple at all.. Why even publish that report? Just scared people. Everything on Mod My I lately has just been copied mostly from 9to5mac or other sites.Nothing new, and just scaring people.

-Mod edit-
    Please watch the language
    We are sorry you feel that way we are just trying to give you guys news as it develops.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 10-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If this goes through, it will only give me more reason to hate sprint.

Thanks

if this is the case i would be saying hello Samsung Galaxy S 2, iPhone/Apple been nice knowing you.... That would be stupid.... which makes me think its possible with apple... Apple listen, ive owned every one of you iPhones, please dont encourage me to try Android, the end

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Looks like Sprint is going to have to keep their unlimited plan for the iPhone and never remove it! As for the rest of this article I am over whelmed...

Maybe this is why T-Mobile said they want nothing to do with the iPhone. After all, if AT&T buys them, AT&T already has the iPhone anyway - except Sprint will be one step ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    No way would apple EVER do this...just not plausible or sensible...wouldn't be logical for apple at all.. Why even publish that report? Just scared people. Everything on Mod My I lately has just been copied mostly from 9to5mac or other sites.Nothing new, and just scaring people.

-Mod edit-
    We are sorry you feel that way we are just trying to give you guys news as it develops.
    Mods, this isn't news. I'm sorry you feel it is.

Mod edit: I am sorry you feel it isn't news however it is for others.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks

Cool No Body Knows
    Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
    Holy crap!!! 1GB of ram!!... 4in screen would be nice too.
    How about we all just wait untill Apple gives us the low down. We'll know tomorrow anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot wait for tomorrow and for all these iPhone 5 rumors to stop. We all know shortly after iPhone 6 rumors will be starting. There will always be rumors or leaked information. But we will never know until Apple tells us themselves. We will know soon enough! Can't wait for tomorrow!! Oh and Sprint can SUCK IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post

-Mod edit-
    All these new "copy/paste" writers here at at modmyi

Mod edit: Would you be willing to write a article please? Once you do then I will send it to Cody or Kyle for approval?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2011 at 12:06 AM.

I would bite the apple and go "droooid"

If this happen it would be bye bye apple hello android. I bought every apple product and I'm defently not going to wait for iPhone 5 to come to AT&T. Apple would be getting so many iPhone lover to hate them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclusively on Sprint? The Now Network? PFFF!! I honestly doubt this will happen. Im sure Sprint will get it but not exclusively. There is too much at stake now that Verizon has the iphone and not to mention ATT.
    Last edited by iFrosty; 10-03-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: MMi Failed my post

Hopefully this site works right tomorrow. What's a good site that will have a live blog for this event?

Good by iPhone hello Samsung galaxy s2, nothing apple will announce will be a surprise me. Shame apple keep selling old tech and try and make it something it is not.

Thanks

ya.... no

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast