Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change Battery Percentage Value with FakePercent

Default Change Battery Percentage Value with FakePercent

Upon looking at the header picture for this article, you may notice two big areas marked off in the screenshot. Each one is there to illustrate a point.

• The circle around the battery percentage is to show what the value is
    • The circle in the middle of the lock screen is to show that my device is not plugged in and is not showing the battery percentage

Without any prior knowledge, one would assume that the battery percentage was indeed 50% and that the device was not plugged in when taking the photo. However, this is not the case.

The battery percentage is much lower (29%) and the device was plugged in when the photo was taken. So one might be wondering; how can I do this too? You can undergo this shenanigans as well if you download FakePercent from Cydia, a tweak recently released by Itay (@itaybre).

The name "FakePercent" fits perfectly for what it does - change the value of your battery percentage on your device as well as disable the battery on your lock screen when your device is plugged in. Inside the settings pane for FakePercent, you can choose to disable it entirely, set the battery level (must be 0-100), or enable/disable the battery on the lock screen. When changing the value of the battery, you must respring each time you change it so it goes into effect. Other than that, FakePercent installs SBSettings (unless already installed) and a toggle to easily disable FakePercent from the SBSettings window.

In complete honesty, there's no real use for this tweak other than to just fool around. For those tricksters out there, this might be a good one for you. If you find this tweak interesting or you just want to try it for fun, feel free to download it from Cydia. It's free and should work on all devices and firmwares (not tested on the iOS 5 beta).

Name FakePercent
    Author: Itay
    Version: 0.9
    Price: Free

Follow the creator of FakePercent, Itay (@itaybre), on Twitter to keep up to date with FakePercent and his other projects.

Source(s): Itay
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Fun little tweak yeah.
    Althought I wont enjoy it as much if my iPod shuts down while I'm reading the news, eventhough it says it "100%" charged at the top. Come to think about it, how do I view the actual percentage, without disabling this tweak?

The only useful thing about this tweak is the ability to hide the battery on the lockscreen during charging. Before Apple decided to implement their Battery Percentage Indicator, FakeCarrier was a status bar utility to enable that as well as change or remove the Carrier name from the status bar. While the changing of the carrier name seemed useless, the developers werenice enough to add at least one thing that's handy. I'm just pointing out the similarities in those apps. Lol.

Another result of people who have to much time on their hands. Common ModMyi your wasting your time on stupid tweaks like this stuff.

Aaaahh, tired dech....

This may be useful for when you don't want your friends to use your phone (it's running low on battery)

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Fun little tweak yeah.
    Althought I wont enjoy it as much if my iPod shuts down while I'm reading the news, eventhough it says it "100%" charged at the top. Come to think about it, how do I view the actual percentage, without disabling this tweak?
    u can enable/disable it on SbSettings.

wow , fake my battery percentage! lets hope apple doesnt steal this idea for iOS 6!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    u can enable/disable it on SbSettings.
    but you must respring for that, don't you? I'd use this so as to have a excuse to not lend it to my friends when they want to play with it :P

LOOK OUT FOR MY NEW APP! it fakes your iphone from being OFF! fool your friends into thinking your iphone is OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Fun little tweak yeah.
    under the usage settings , turn battery percentage on.

Quote Originally Posted by micaiah12 View Post
    Another result of people who have to much time on their hands. Common ModMyi your wasting your time on stupid tweaks like this stuff.
    I don't make the tweaks - I report them (with the exception of my own projects).

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    This may be useful for when you don't want your friends to use your phone (it's running low on battery)
    Genius idea!
    Just for that, I'll keep this tweak

Thanks

I've never made a tweak for the iPhone so, I won't knock anyone who does. The Dev of a simple "useless" tweak may turn out to be the next great Dev.

Brian