+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5 to Obliterate All Past iPhone Sales Records

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To say that sales expectations for the iPhone 5 are "high" could very well be the understatement of the year. According to projections made public Monday by Ticonderoga Securities analyst
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Analyst: iPhone 5 to Obliterate All Past iPhone Sales Records

To say that sales expectations for the iPhone 5 are "high" could very well be the understatement of the year.

According to projections made public Monday by Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White, sales of the iPhone 5 are poised to shatter all previous iPhone sales - particularly those seen in the immediate days following launch. Citing product interest, expanded retail accessibility, and a media push the likes of which no iPhone has ever received, White believes the iPhone 5 will obliterate (in hype and sales) the unprecedented splash made just last year by the iPhone 4.

Increased exposure to China and the availability of the iPhone on 228 carriers globally (as opposed to just 154 last year when the iPhone 4 debuted) will similarly do wonders to draw massive new waves of buyers to the iPhone 5.

"We expect the iPhone 5 to get a makeover with a sleek, aluminum unibody enclosure that more closely resembles the MacBook Air than the iPhone 4, which will not only prove more aesthetically pleasing but also stronger, lighter and avoid the back-side 'glass breaks' of last year," White observed on the eve of the iPhone 5 reveal.

"With this new enclosure, we believe this will provide Apple with the opportunity to expand the display size by at least one half of an inch to 4 inches and hopefully bigger," he added. "Apple will clearly need to upgrade the processor speed to at least a Dual Core 1.2GHz to match the Samsung Galaxy S II, while upgrading to a 8 mega pixel 1080p camera that is now also on the Galaxy S II."

For months we've read all sorts of speculation and rumors surrounding what features and attributes the iPhone 5 will pack. In fewer than 24 hours, we will finally be able to compare facts with fiction.

Source: Business Insider

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If the new phone has a complete redesign then I can see it shatter sales records; however, if all we see is an iPhone 4S then I think most people will be underwhelmed. Lets hope he's right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Bring on the i5, I am so ready.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I don't care either way i think we all know we are going to get one either way
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-03-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I don't care either way i think we all know we are going to get one either way
    Really though. I can't believe people get so caught up with this redesign BS. Honestly I think the i4 design is the best one to date but don't get me wrong i'd love to see some of the i5 mock-ups actually come out in the iphone but if not oh well. I get iphones because of their hardware and software mainly. So an a5 chip with better graphics and a bump in the camera to 8 megapixels (hopefully an upgraded sensor too). Sounds awesome to me. Isn't that what the "redesign i5" would have? So i don't see why people complain. Would you rather have a redesigned i5 with all the same hardware in the i4 or similiar i5 with better hardware than an i4?

Thanks

Where can I watch this online(live)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Where can I watch this online(live)?
    There will be no live stream. Everything will be blogged so just watched the news section aka the front page

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im so hyped for this event because i have been waiting for a very long time to upgrade, I've had the 3g for a while until i finally took my moms 3gs two months ago. But I'm really hoping for the iPhone 5 rather than a iPhone 4s which i think we will get rather than the hyped iPhone 5. I use feel like most of these reveals that ima be hoping for a whole bunch of specs and like Apple always does, going to short hand us and say it is good for us. (yes mami dearest )

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Interested to know what is in the new iPhone 5, but that is about it. Not going to buy one, and I know lots of iPhone owners that are just like me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can we BAN anyone that puts up anymore speculation threads from now until after the reveal? This is so annoying. We will see whats its all about in less than 24 hours. No more speculation. Lets all shut the F up and wait for apple to speak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    Can we BAN anyone that puts up anymore speculation threads from now until after the reveal? This is so annoying. We will see whats its all about in less than 24 hours. No more speculation. Lets all shut the F up and wait for apple to speak.
    Can WE no
    Can I yes
    Will I probably not I think it is fun

Cheer up lil guy

Thanks

LOL thanks. Im just ready for the guessing to end. I want to KNOW! There has been so much crap flying about this new phone(s), who actually knows??

Thanks

Apple lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    I suggest you ban YOURSELF from the internet until the keynote is over. That's the only way you'll avoid speculation from the hundreds of news sites and tech blogs. So we'll see you in about 22 hours! bai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Lol, great. Thanks for the advice.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ZXMustang For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-03-2011)

Thanks

It's definitely a bit overwhelming and frustrating this close to the announcement with all the conflicting information popping up every few hours. I wish I had the will power to turn my computer off but who am I kidding... I think it's part of the fun getting all hyped up over this kind of stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (10-03-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If the new phone has a complete redesign then I can see it shatter sales records; however, if all we see is an iPhone 4S then I think most people will be underwhelmed. Lets hope he's right!
    Agree

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I was so pumped up for so long, that I don't even care anymore...lol.