+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs to Introduce iPhone 5 Tomorrow?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Will former Apple CEO Steve Jobs take the stage for one last time tomorrow to unveil the next-generation iPhone? Despite Tim Cook's ascension to Chief Executive Officer in August in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Steve Jobs to Introduce iPhone 5 Tomorrow?

Will former Apple CEO Steve Jobs take the stage for one last time tomorrow to unveil the next-generation iPhone?

Despite Tim Cook's ascension to Chief Executive Officer in August in the wake of Jobs' resignation as CEO of the iconic company he co-founded three decades earlier, there is a palpable buzz that Steve Jobs will be given an opportunity to show the world the last iPhone that largely came to fruition during the final days of his storied leadership at Apple.

On Monday, a report from Reuters fueled speculation of a possible Jobs cameo, with Channing Smith, co-manager of the Capital Advisors Growth Fund, saying that "Investors would like to see Steve Jobs to confirm that he is still involved, but we have dealt with the fact that he's not going to be as involved."

Many like-minded analysts also expect to see Steve Jobs tomorrow in some capacity, even though it is probable that Tim Cook will lead the presentation from start to finish. "We'd love to see an appearance but it's not critical," Smith tells Reuters.

Just as few initially expected Steve Jobs to personally unveil the iPad 2 last spring (only a few months into his medical leave of absence from Apple), Steve Jobs may be planning another memorable cameo tomorrow. And that could leave just as many people talking as the iPhone 5 will itself.

Source: Reuters

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I hope not. And I don't mean that in a "I don't want to see Jobs" way, but rather for Apple as a company, they need to show they can continue strong without Jobs at the helm. They need to instill confidence in the user base, share holders, etc, that Tim Cook can do the job.

Thanks

I think though, as Steve Jobs always has cameos by other people in the company, if Tim led the introduction and then introduced Steve to talk about it, I think that would be ok.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I hope not. And I don't mean that in a "I don't want to see Jobs" way, but rather for Apple as a company, they need to show they can continue strong without Jobs at the helm. They need to instill confidence in the user base, share holders, etc, that Tim Cook can do the job.
    Very well said.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,165 Times in 6,639 Posts

It would be cool if Tim was showing off features and on the other end of a call or whatever was Steve.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

Will former Apple CEO Steve Jobs take the stage for one last time tomorrow to unveil the next-generation iPhone?
    No.

Not that it's a big deal anyway. The majority will be more concerned with the new phones and the features and performance it will have and whether or not it will be absurdly-priced.

Tim Cook could trip up the stairs, fall flat on his face and puke all over his presentation and this phone will still sell out in 24 minutes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^ I have to agree, have to let Cook take the stage at some point, they don't need Steve for 'one last time'...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I could care less who presents... I'm with RICO on this one... it's all about the products.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

it doesnt matter if he comes out or not....tell me how much it cost and when it comes out.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Where can I watch this live?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Where can I watch this live?
    No live stream will be available. Just keep watching this site's front page news for updates and blogs

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It would be cool if Tim was showing off features and on the other end of a call or whatever was Steve.
    i would love this

Thanks

Yeah people will still buy it but it would be nice for this event to have jobs presence; A farewell with a bang.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Couldn't agree more, let Cook run the show and a brief appearance or call by Steve would be fantastic! Steve did so much but Cook needs to prove he is the right person in control now...

Thanks

i forgot for what it was but i think when they announced the new ipad there was a live blog going of someone posting pics and comments being made