Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCloud Server Update Causing Issues For Apple TV Users

Thanks

Default iCloud Server Update Causing Issues For Apple TV Users

Apparently Apple TV users are facing several issues today as they try to play movies and TV shows, originally purchased from iTunes. There has been several complains on the Apple Discussion forums, including this large thread and complaints on various forums around the net.

According to the AppleCare representatives, the issue is due to an iCloud server update. Needless to say, an iCloud server update doesn’t warrant for Apple TV owners to be unable to play and watch purchased content for over 24 hours. Music and Rentals seem to work fine, just purchased TV shows or Movies. The estimated downtime for the issue is said to be less than 24 hours according to AppleCare representatives.

The workaround for the current issue is to use AirPlay and send content to the Apple TV for those of you who have AirPlay configured. Playing the content in iTunes than selecting your Apple TV in the bottom left corner of iTunes will allow you to watch the content for now.

If you happen to be one of the people affected, let us know in the comments below! As of right now, it isn’t clear as to how widespread the issue is but we’ll let you know if the situation improves.

The iCloud server update is probably due to its announcement on Tuesday’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” event where it will be announced alongside the low-end iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5, an iPod Touch 5G, an iPod Nano refresh, iOS 5, iTunes Match, and possibly even more.

Stay tuned for more info!

Source: Apple Discussion Forums

Green Apple
    Thanks

I heard different

I haven't tried to watch anything in my apple tv today, hope it's not messed up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm probably reading too much into this...but wouldn't it be awesome if the "one more thing" is iCloud has been extended to all movies purchased from iTunes also? Could possibly explain the issue.....