Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simplify Your Music Controls With LSMusicGestures

Default Simplify Your Music Controls With LSMusicGestures

Sometimes when you're driving in your car, or just feeling lazy, it can feel like an over-exertion of energy to double tap the home button to bring up your music controls on your lockscreen. Luckily, there's a tweak for that!

Previously known as LSMediaControls, LSMusicGestures allows you to perform gestures on your lockscreen to pause, play, and navigate through your music library. This tweak was made by @Fr0zenSun and is currently free on the BigBoss Repo in Cydia. Source code for this tweak is publicly available here so that anyone interested can take a peek.

There are no settings to configure, just install and you're ready to go.

The controls are as follows:
    • Double tap the lockscreen once to play your song.
    • Double tap the lockscreen again to pause your song.
    • Swipe to the right to go to the next song.
    • Swipe to the left to go to the previous song.

That's it, just as you would expect them to be. This tweak gives you the choice to use the hardware buttons on your device to access music controls, or to simply use touch-based methods. It's pretty convenient if you ask me. Again, it's free on Cydia's BigBoss repo so if you want to give it a spin, go for it!

I got together with @Fr0zenSun on Twitter to get his point of view on the tweak. They were elegant enough to answer a couple of my questions.

Anthony, "What made you think of making this tweak? Also, how could it be beneficial for its users?"
    Fr0zenSun, "I got tired of double clicking the home button to show the music controls, so I made it to speed up the process of that."

Hopefully, if you try this tweak, you will find it useful while you are multitasking and the buttons might be too much of a burden for you. If you have any thoughts or comments about this tweak, feel free to leave them below to tell us what you think!

Sources: Fr0zenSun

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (10-02-2011)

Elegant? A couple?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PM5K View Post
    Elegant? A couple?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I have an idea... take a topic that relates to Apple and do a write up in the member written news section and lets see what y'all consider to be A+ journalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm still waiting for an amazing piece of journalistic literature from you in the member written news section so we can critique your skills since you're obviously an expert and quick to judge.
    God, kid is this all you do is troll every article the guy writes? Write your own if you can't benefit from informative posts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool tweak! However, I find it could activate when you're somewhere where it should be quiet...

Thanks

Hmm I already use SC4 since I'm still on 4.1, but this seems like a great alternative.

Is this confirmed to work with SnowCover4?

Probably Gonna Sound Dumb But How You Download It I Can't Find It On Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Probably Gonna Sound Dumb But How You Download It I Can't Find It On Cydia?
    Hm, not sure. Try again? It's under the BigBoss Repo for me:

Thanks

Nice little tweak although i prefer to use the double tap method. Just me though... I sense a ban coming pretty soon for the first poster...(something to chew on mods)

How does this speed things up? what's the difference between double clicking the home button and double tapping the lock screen? Add a repeat/shuffle button to it

This tweak is annoying. Whenever I enter my passcode in, the songs plays/pauses because of the double tap feature. >

Ok Idk Why But Yesterday I Just Couldn't Find It But I Got It Now Its Pretty Cool But I Can't Get It To Play The Double Tap Only Works To Pause

Love this tweak. Perfect for when I'm driving and have my phone hooked up to my car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]