Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cincinnati Bell's i-Wireless Posts iPhone 5 Placeholder Pages in Online Store

Default Cincinnati Bell's i-Wireless Posts iPhone 5 Placeholder Pages in Online Store

Cincinnati Bell has an iPhone 5 placeholder up on their website, complete with product specs and a whole lotta speculation. Either Cincinnati Bell is privy to information every other carrier doesn’t have, or they lack some serious common sense or managerial oversight.

Cincinnati Bell’s pre-paid service i-Wireless (guh) has the above placeholder on their website complete with a price ($639.99), a storage capacity (32GB), screen size (4 inches), and data speeds (4G). It seems that i-Wireless simply has pages up, without pictures, to draw traffic to their site.

Wait there is more.

The same site has a placeholder for a $99.99 16GB iPhone 4S with a 3.5” screen, A5 processor, and 5MP camera. Either i-Wireless possesses an i-Psychic or they’re just throwing paint on the wall and hoping something sticks.

When Tuesday comes and goes I hope against all hope that they are right. But, something tells me these pages are i-Wireless’ attempt to scrounge up a little web traffic.

And you know what? It’s working.

Source: Engadget

They are just BSing
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

If true, a 4 inch screen would be awesome.

An iPhone with an A5 processor for $99? Hmm, sounds like they're cheaping out on a few components in the original iPhone 4. I bet the 4S has the same inferior Retina Display as the iPod Touch 4th gen. I highly doubt the iPhone 5 will have a different resolution, though, so it should run just as fast as the 4S (but with a gig of RAM, I'm thinking). That'd be pretty cool if the iPhone 5 is $200 on-contract.

(edit - nevermind, just saw the other article that talks about an 8 gig iPhone - THAT one would definitely skimp on quality parts, but to what degree...)
    Last edited by Jahooba; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Checked the site and nothing. Not real....

At the bottom of the first photo it says "2010 Cincinnati Bell", and we're on the last lap of '11... Fake.

Absolutely fake!!! Anyone can change website details and put fake details.
    By tupac151 at 2011-10-02

Quote Originally Posted by tupac151 View Post
    Hilarious! Buy why stop at 3 GB? I imagine they'll have a 4 TP camera with a hot-shoe flash soon.

Thanks

I think this is defiantly a purpose-ful leak. I like how they conveniently didn't have the picture of the iPhone 5.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys do realize that just because your own attempts to navigate to said webpage produces nothing doesn't mean that this is fake, right? When a company like this gets a whiff of their mistake they can easily make the URL no longer accessible to the public. Not saying this is the case, but it's laughable how sure some of you seem to be about the illegitimacy of this information.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    At the bottom of the first photo it says "2010 Cincinnati Bell", and we're on the last lap of '11... Fake.
    think you'll find if you look at the page it has that anyway i-wireless | pre-paid wireless service serving the greater Cincinnati area
    has nothing to do with the the picture
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by tupac151 View Post
    Definitely fake!

Everyone knows the iP7 only comes in 5, 10 and 15 Tb.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

If I was Apple, I'd just up the screen to 4.5" and make the resolution 4x higher again to keep the 300ppi+ statement.

Thanks

4G data speed ayyy..ill hold out for tuesday before i wet my pants