Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: German Website Makes Own Physical iPhone 5 Mockup

Default German Website Makes Own Physical iPhone 5 Mockup

Numerous iPhone 5 mockups have surfaced ranging from teardrop designs with edge to edge screens to simple upgrades retaining most of the iPhone 4 design elements. However, all of them have shared one common characteristic: they’re digital mockups.

German site Giga.de one-upped them all and produced a physical mockup of what they think the iPhone 5 will look like. The design—based on iPhone 5 case leaks that have surfaced over the past few months—has a teardrop design, larger home button and larger screen. However, it’s merely a soulless shell. The mockup has none of the necessary components inside to create an actual cellular device.

The production of the mockup shames 3D renders and Photoshop by employing the same process that is used to create the iPad.

The back was machined from a sold block of aluminium, which was later treated with glass pearls to get the same slightly rough touch that we already know from the iPad. — Giga.de

Measuring 5.33mm at its thinnest point and 6.86mm at its thickest the device looks incredibly thin. Stacked up against the iPhone 4 it looks svelte, and next to the 3GS it looks anorexic.

Giga’s physical mockup is a testament to how far the Apple hysteria has gone. All other designers have to step their prototype predictions up from now on. Or go about business as usual in the name of sanity and produce 3D renders.

Source: Giga.de
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.

That's actually pretty cool

Honestly I still think the iPhone 4 still look better.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluninja View Post
    Honestly I still think the iPhone 4 still look better.
    I hate the iPhone 4 design u always have to use your pinky to hold the phone up in your hand especially when texting

Yeah, I'm in the camp that isn't very fond of the iPhone 4's brick-like shape.
    I too like this mock-up, and hope for a redesign on Tuesday...

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I hate the iPhone 4 design u always have to use your pinky to hold the phone up in your hand especially when texting
    Yeah!!! We should all not buy the iPhone. If I have to keep using my friggin pinky to be able to text, what's the point??? I can't think of Soooo many things I can do with my pinky while texting!!!! Maybe it'll come with some sort of device so we can use it pinky free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    Yeah!!! We should all not buy the iPhone. If I have to keep using my friggin pinky to be able to text, what's the point??? I can't think of Soooo many things I can do with my pinky while texting!!!! Maybe it'll come with some sort of device so we can use it pinky free.
    ajjajaja well said my friend.

I on one hand LOVE the iphone 4 design, i find it to be the sleekest, most sofisticated, elegant and minimalistically beautiful iphone of them all, to say the least, id be nothing short of a happy camper if the i5 looks like the i4 but with ¨under the hood¨ upgrades. no phone will ever be as elegant as the iphone 4, if it really where to look like this, micrOBVISOULY im gonna buy it, but it is not as visually appealing to me as the i4, to me this looks more like an ipod on steroids.....or a mini ipad if you will, but hey, that dosent sound so bad.

anyways, the i4 design is still KING, yes, this epically beautiful design was tainted by antennagate, but i guess thats what the competition was going for. no?

Last edited by mallenass; 10-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Lol I'm doing that as I read your message. Lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have a blackberry wich i ALSO have to hold up with my pinky when texting (i text single handedly), so that agrument is pretty much null.

the brick-like shape of the i4 to ME, is what makes it so f**ing awesome

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't hate the iPhone 4's shape, especially because you can take the back cover out without much effort (to change the battery that is awsome) instead, if the iPhone 5 actually has that desing it'd be much like the ipod touch, wich is a pain in the neck to open... although it looks really cool

Man, it looks like a freakin iPod touch with big fat ugly home button. The squared off design made the iPhone 4 unique, and IF they do this, this will piss me off quite a bit. The iPod touch has a great look, but from the looks of it, there'll be even less of a difference if they make it look like this; I mean for the most part, the biggest difference aside from iPod touch and the iPhone is the shape, and lack of a phone on the iTouch

Quote Originally Posted by malevo View Post
    I don't hate the iPhone 4's shape, especially because you can take the back cover out without much effort (to change the battery that is awsome) instead, if the iPhone 5 actually has that desing it'd be much like the ipod touch, wich is a pain in the neck to open... although it looks really cool
    I was thinking the same thing! It's just like how the iPad 2 is such a PITA to take apart and you're at risk of breaking the glass every time. The iPhone 4 is definitely more versatile in that department. The 3G and 3GS wasn't too bad either. The original iPhone on the other hand was a serious PITA to disassemble as well. Not only that but you were almost always guaranteed to leave some kinda kink marks on the metal chassis.

I think the iP5 should copy the design (exactly) of the Nokia 3210.....

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

It hurts your pinky finger if your texting aton the weight on the pinky finger is what I was talking about
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 10-02-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Could someone explain what a 'pinky' is?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have deformed crab hands? It's ok if you do. We won't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Could someone explain what a 'pinky' is?
    Your little finger aka fifth phalange.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

Your little finger aka fifth phalange.
    Thank you. All my fingers are pink (ish) but I have many friends who have no pink fingers - but they all have a pink tongue...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I hate the iPod 4g and the rounded part on the 5. I tend to have a lot of trouble pressing the power button and plugging in the iPod cord. Tends to slip and scrape the bottom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I think the iP5 should copy the design (exactly) of the Nokia 3210.....
    This is my thought EXACTLY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast