+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Reference Found In Latest iTunes Beta and iPhone 5 For Sprint Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
New information arises today regarding speculation being passed around about the soon to be released iPhones. It is currently known that there are two different types of iPhones that will
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S Reference Found In Latest iTunes Beta and iPhone 5 For Sprint Leaked

New information arises today regarding speculation being passed around about the soon to be released iPhones. It is currently known that there are two different types of iPhones that will be announced, the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. According to a number of reports and leaks, the iPhone 4S is supposed to be a tweaked version of the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5 is supposed to be the powerful next generation iPhone. Today, rumors of a re-design can finally be put to rest. Inside the latest iTunes beta, there seems to be a specific mention of the “iPhone 4S.” Along with the name of “iPhone 4S” is an image of the CDMA iPhone 4. Unless Apple is using this image as a placeholder until the new iPhone is announced, it is safe to say that the iPhone 4S will have the same design as the CDMA iPhone 4. This makes sense considering the CDMA iPhone 4 was a redesign, which supposedly contained design improvements to prevent issues that arose during last year’s antennagate fiasco.

Another interesting tidbit of information that was found in the iTunes beta includes the fact that iTunes only holds two iPhone 4S references, black and white. This differs from the four references found for the original iPhone 4, which include: black – GSM, black – CDMA, white – GSM, and white – CDMA. This may possibly confirm the rumors of the new iPhone being a dual-mode, CDMA + GSM handset.

In other news, rumors of the iPhone coming to more wireless carriers in the United States including Sprint are also being confirmed. An image of pulled from Radio Shack’s inventory system, is confirming that Sprint will indeed be among the carriers offering the iPhone 5. This seems to line up just right with many previous reports and rumors around the net. There isn’t any indication of actual dates at this point, but if Sprint’s getting Apple’s next-generation iPhone, I am sure we’ll here more about it this Tuesday at Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” event.

With all the information that is being leaked such as: evidence of a 64GB iPhone 5 and iPhone 5 case spottings, leaked iPhone 5 HSPA+ "4G" support, Apple sending out "Welcome to iCloud" emails prematurely, and new iPhone 4, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano models appearing in Apple's inventory, we can pretty much piece together what is to come at Apple's "Let's Talk iPhone" October 4th event. The event will pretty much just confirm what's true and what isn't unless Apple has some surprises in store for us.

Source: 9to5Mac,Engadget

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Heard a rumor today from a friend that works at a local AT&T store.

He said the coming iPhone is going be be EXPENSIVE with renewal. Close or same as the original iPhone BEFORE the price drop! The original was $599 with 2 year contract agreement.

If there is a full redesign I wouldn't doubt it. And the rumor that Apple is going to sell a "cheaper" one makes even more sense if there is an iPhone 5 and it costs a bunch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post

He said the coming iPhone is going be be EXPENSIVE with renewal. Close or same as the original iPhone BEFORE the price drop! The original was $599 with 2 year contract agreement.

If there is a full redesign I wouldn't doubt it. And the rumor that Apple is going to sell a "cheaper" one makes even more sense if there is an iPhone 5 and it costs a bunch.
    Is your friend smoking crack? ridiculous

Green Apple
    Thanks

Instead of lowering there iPhone prices, lower the Mac prices.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

If ur referring to the picture u posted. It does say CDMA...

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Your friend must be mistaken the 599.00 price for the non contract price. Phones are getting cheaper not more expensive! If Apple did that? They would be cutting there own throats! And with reports that Foxconn was making 115k per day? I don't see apple selling them for 599.00!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodgod2 View Post
    is your friend smoking crack? Ridiculous

lmao

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post

Apple would lose a lot of customers if they had a 600$ iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What's that $50 price for?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpeq View Post
    Apple would lose a lot of customers if they had a 600$ iPhone.
    I was messing around on both an Android phone (HTC Inspire 4G) and a Windows Phone 7 (HTC HD 7) today and came to a conclusion that if the iPhone 5 had an absurd price tag, I'd still probably buy it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    I was messing around on both an Android phone (HTC Inspire 4G) and a Windows Phone 7 (HTC HD 7) today and came to a conclusion that if the iPhone 5 had an absurd price tag, I'd still probably buy it.

Smh! Why even bother posting? Android is good, ios is good and wp7 is not that bad. But this is about price not os bashing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Smh! Why even bother posting? Android is good, ios is good and wp7 is not that bad. But this is about price not os bashing.
    LOL! Sorry if it came off as OS bashing. I was just providing my personal opinion. If you don't agree with my opinion that is perfectly fine, everyone is entitled to have one and express it for that matter.

P.S: Your avatar is amazingly awesome.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I probably would too. My mom has a saumsung facinate and my dad has a droid x,of the two I would take the droid.I will stick to apple,they just make great products,the two top reasons I hate android devices is the os seems thrown together and not as well revised as iOS it just is to glitchy for me,and the other is anybody can write an app for the android market and it will get there,that means most likely you will get a crap app.just my 2 cents.