Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shazam Brings Back Unlimited Song Tagging In Free App

Thanks

Default Shazam Brings Back Unlimited Song Tagging In Free App

Shazam, a popular music identification service that can tell you song information just by hearing a sample of the music made a big announcement earlier today. The company will finally be bringing back unlimited tagging to the free Shazam app.

The music identifying service has followed the iPhoneís rise to popularity with multiple successful mobile apps. Shazam was in fact the first song identifying app that many people ended up downloading when Apple launched the App Store in 2008. At the time, the app worked very well and more importantly it was free. You were able to tag as many songs as you wanted without having to worry about paying anything extra. The days when unlimited tagging were free were shortlived though when the company shifted its business model in 2009. It launched a new paid app, Shazam Encore, and then enforced a 5 song tags per month limit on the free version. Although previous users were able to keep the unlimited feature, it ended up hurting many.

Today however, the company announced that it was finally bringing back unlimited tagging to the free Shazam app. This move puts the software into the same category as other song identifying apps with unlimited tagging such as SoundHound and MusicDNA ID. Shazamís CEO, Andrew Fisher mentioned the following in his announcement:

Shazamers already identify over 1 billion songs each year and go on to purchase over $100 million in digital music via our service. Now, with no limits, people can Shazam even more songs they donít know Ė or they already know - to conveniently purchase them, see the lyrics, watch the official music video, share on Facebook, Twitter or email, get recommendations and purchase concert tickets instantly. Unlimited free access means people can use Shazam even more as part of their daily lives.
    Shazam has been on a number of Top 10 lists across the web and many of us use it as well. With unlimited song tagging back in the mix for the free version, it is definitely worth checking out if you havenít already. If you are interested in trying it out head on over to the App Store.

For those of you who paid for Shazam Encore, donít worry! You still get features that those with the free version do not, including an ad-free experience and features such as LyricPlay, which allows users to view song lyrics as the tracks play.

Source: Shazam

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

sonofa, just bought the premium shazam for unlimited tagging a couple weeks ago

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    LOL! Well on the bright side, you still get some additional features.

Just wait... next time you go out to karaoke with your friends, the premium Shazam's LyricPlay will save you.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

In app purchases however....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the paid icon more... lol

Does the free version have ads? I bought the paid version a while back.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

*Edit
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 09-30-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks

The free version does have ads. I went ahead and installed it on one of my spare iPhones. The ads aren't as obtrusive as some of the other apps I have seen in the App Store though. All in all - for those who used the tagging features, this news is great! Many people were complaining that they purchased the app and won't be getting the money for it back though.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Hah I never got my unlimited tagging taken away on the free version I was always confused because I thought it was supposed to bel limited but oh well glad it's back to unlimited for those who were effected by the limitation before

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    Thanks to Starbucks, I got it free

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Hell yea!! I'm glad I waited!!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Just DL'd the app, it does has Capital One ads, but I'm not complaining... They're the reason why unlimited tagging is once again free!