Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using Redsn0w to Stitch your SHSH Blobs to Your Firmware

Default Using Redsn0w to Stitch your SHSH Blobs to Your Firmware

Stitching your SHSH blobs to a firmware file makes it so that you don't have to do anything tricky to point iTunes to Cydia's server. The SHSH blobs are inserted directly into the firmware meaning that you can downgrade without having to edit your hosts file or use the TSS server. This is extremely helpful if you have been having issues downgrading to the last firmware that supports an untethered jailbreak: iOS 4.3.3. The best part about doing this is that your device does not need to be put into pwned DFU mode when you are restoring.

CURRENTLY ONLY WORKS WITH IPOD WHILE REDSN0W DEVELOPERS FIX IPHONE BASEBAND ISSUE

You will need:
    1. Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Mac, Windows
    2. Tinyumbrella Mac, Windows

Here is a mini guide on saving your SHSH blobs to your hard disk with Tinyumbrella:

The first thing you want to do is make sure that you have your SHSH blobs saved to your hard disk. To do this you can use Tinyumbrella. Open it up and click on the advanced tab, then where it shows the directory of where your SHSH blobs will be saved, change the directory to something that you will remember such as a folder in your documents folder.

Just below that, look at the options that are checked in the advanced settings in Tinyumbrella. Make sure, "Save all available SHSH" is checked and, "Request SHSH from Cydia" is checked. If you don't have Request SHSH from Cydia checked, Tinyumbrella will only save the SHSH's that Apple still signs (4.3.5, 5b).

Plug in your device and select it from the list on the left. Now up at the top right, click, "Save SHSH." Your blobs for the device you selected will be saved to the folder that you specified.

Here is how you actually stitch the blobs to your firmware:

Open up Redsn0w 0.9.9b1, click on Extras>SHSH Blobs>Stitch. A new menu will come up asking for the IPSW file and the SHSH file you want to stitch to it. Your window should look like this:

For this tutorial I moved my iPod's 4.3.3 firmware and my 4.3.3 SSH blob to my desktop for easy reference.

At last, we are ready to to do some gene splicing! Go back to the redsn0w Window and click the IPSW button and select the IPSW you want to downgrade to (I will be using 4.3.3 for iPod touch 4G), and then click the local button and select the SHSH you want to stitch to it (I will be using the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs for my iPod). Once you do that it will begin the process:

Finally, the custom made IPSW will be placed in the same folder as your original IPSW file. You can use this in iTunes to downgrade to the firmware you desire at your convenience. Simply go into iTunes (Shift+Restore/Windows, Option+Restore/Mac) and select this custom firmware to downgrade.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-29-2011 at 02:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Simon (09-30-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

This is awesome. I want to use this on my iPad 2 Wifi as I never seem to get it to work right in DFU mode.

Ok question. I have an iPhone 3Gs running 4.2.1 but it's been giving me a lot of issues lately so I wanna do a restore but I wanna upgrade it to 4.3.3. How would I be able to do this?

This is ******* awesome. no more itunes restore errors (Hopefully). This is gonna make downgrading a breeze : )

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Ok question. I have an iPhone 3Gs running 4.2.1 but it's been giving me a lot of issues lately so I wanna do a restore but I wanna upgrade it to 4.3.3. How would I be able to do this?
    To upgrade to 4.3.3 you will need 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

I got back to 4.3.3 by doing this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    To upgrade to 4.3.3 you will need 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.

Really and how can I get my hands on those SHSH BLOBS??

Hey question okay my itouch has no saved SHSH blobs of 4.3.3 will i be able to downgrade thanks to this?

Really and how can I get my hands on those SHSH BLOBS??
    If you have been on 4.3.3 before, you might have them saved in Cydia. If you have never been on 4.3.3, you probably do not have SHSH blobs. You can check though by seeing what numbers appear in green in the top of Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy1283x View Post
    Hey question okay my itouch has no saved SHSH blobs of 4.3.3 will i be able to downgrade thanks to this?
    SHSH blobs are unique to each device. You cannot do this with someone else's SHSH blobs, so that means you cannot downgrade if you don't have your own.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-29-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Will this work with iPads. Cause it says " CURRENTLY ONLY WORKS WITH IPOD WHILE REDSN0W DEVELOPERS FIX IPHONE BASEBAND ISSUE" doesnt talk about iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by dikkik View Post
    Will this work with iPads. Cause it says " CURRENTLY ONLY WORKS WITH IPOD WHILE REDSN0W DEVELOPERS FIX IPHONE BASEBAND ISSUE" doesnt talk about iPad.
    Yes, this works perfectly fine with my iPad 1 WiFi; however, I am pretty sure it will not work on an iPad 1 3G or any iPad 2 atm, due to those having a baseband, where as the original iPad WiFi does not. Also it currently only works with stock firmwares, you cannot at the moment restore a custom-made PwnageTool/Sn0wBreeze firmware after stitching the SHSH blobs, even with Pwn'd DFU Mode.

This is great!
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

i have a 3Gs and i dont think upgrading to 4.3.3 would be ur best option. id restore 4.2.1 and take care of what to install to keep the device clean and fast.

to upgrade to 4.3.3 uŽll need to upgrade ur baseband to 6.15, and with 4.3.3 iŽve read it causes a lot of issues, besides i have them, like too many people do as well.
    * the bad one: no service/no signal (unlock)
    * the second bad one: forget your GPS

we are all 3gs owners w/troubles with 4.3.3 waiting for a 6.15 downgrade.

soryy my english is bad, but this is my advice to you.
    READ first. >> 3Gs - bb 6.15 - fw 4.3.3
    good luck!

Default RE: Upgrade
    If you are looking to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3., use this method as if you are downgrading but choose the 4.3.3 file and make sure you have the SHSH blobs.

Thanks
    SH#$ blobs. lol

This is awesome!! Makes things ao much easier! This is an amazing idea! Kudos to whoever has thought of it!!

So when you are saying clear all hosts files of any customizations how can you tell what to clear and what to save?