+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easy Access to Clock Timer and Stopwatch with TimerBar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ever been cooking or jogging a mile or two and needed to know what your time was at, whether using the stopwatch or timer in the Clock.app? Maybe the situation
    Thanks

Default Easy Access to Clock Timer and Stopwatch with TimerBar

Ever been cooking or jogging a mile or two and needed to know what your time was at, whether using the stopwatch or timer in the Clock.app? Maybe the situation is not the above, but we've all run into situations where we've needed to use these two staple components of the Clock.app in iOS. Sometimes we don't find things to be complicated or tedious until a solution comes out - in this case, it is TimeBar. If you no longer want to have to go into the Clock.app to use these features, give TimerBar a try. Here's the scoop on it:

TimerBar gives you the ability to start either or timer or stopwatch on your device without even having to go into the Clock application. You can call this window up by setting it to an Activator method; this works from anywhere on your device, as well as the lock screen. From there, a bar comes up which shows the respective time depending on which option you choose. Tapping the bar pauses the time, while the "x" button closes the bar and the "refresh" button starts the timer from the beginning. While paused, tap the bar again to resume. The bar is accessible whether in portrait or landscape and scales perfectly.

Inside the TimerBar settings, you can customize the following components:
    • Enable/disable TimerBar
    • Activation method
    • Time up sound, which can be enabled/disabled
    • Custom sounds (which hooks into your ringtones folder)
    • Custom themes

Also in settings, you have access to a documentation section which gives you details on how to use TimerBar as well as adding your own custom sounds and themes.

If you find this tweak useful to you, give it a shot. It's on Cydia now for only $0.99 and is available on all devices and firmwares (except the iOS 5 beta).

Name: TimerBar
    Author: moeseth
    Version: 1.0-3
    Price: $.99

I was able to talk with the developer moeseth and ask him a few questions about his tweak TimerBar. Here's what he had to say:

JOSH: What gave you the idea to make TimerBar? How long did it take to make a working version?
    MOESETH: Last month, I was studying mostly on my iPad, and realized the need of TimerBar since there were no ways to look at a timer and use an application at the same time. In addition, one of my friends asked me for that because the application she uses to learn cooking doesn't come with built-in timer and she needs to follow certain instructions. It took me around one month to get to where it is now. But, I wasn't actively working on that alone.

JOSH: Was this an easy tweak for you to make or was it difficult? If it was difficult, what components were the most difficult?
    MOESETH: It was a lot easier compared to the other tweak I made - TwitkaFly.

JOSH: Do you have any planned updates with new features coming soon?
    MOESETH: Nothing big at the moment.

JOSH: Are you working on any other projects that you'd like to speak on?
    MOESETH: I do have some new/ongoing projects which I haven't got time to finish yet.

JOSH: What other applications have you made and are available (App Store and (or) Cydia)?
    MOESETH: For Cydia, I made Twitkafly and multiple of other small tweaks which can be found at my website . I'm also active on App Store development. You will see them if you look around.

Follow moeseth (@moeseth) on Twitter to keep up to date on progress with TimerBar and other projects.

Source(s): moeseth
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-29-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

haha nice...seems similar in design/name to something i knowLOLstill cool

Thanks

Haha, tell me about it! It looks REALLY familiar to me (and something I had on my list of to-dos).

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the interface of this Tweak. It's pretty useful too because I don't need to fiddle with the clocks app anymore. Props to you @moeseth!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel like the UI needs to look better integrated with iOS. To me it looks like random colors that he threw in, that don't match well with iOS..that's just my two cents worth

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

I've been running my stopwatch ever since I got the iPhone 4. Currently on 6962.38.46.00 and counting!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I feel like the UI needs to look better integrated with iOS. To me it looks like random colors that he threw in, that don't match well with iOS..that's just my two cents worth
    I would very much agree - although theming should be an added capability, there should be effort on the initial end to make it native and clean. Lots of developers these days resort to adding theming capabilities so they don't have to create something clean and intuitive - I don't find that the very best idea. One should take pride in their project on all aspects.