+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 4, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano Models Appear In Apple's Inventory

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default New iPhone 4, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano Models Appear In Apple's Inventory

It seems that Apple has added a number of new entries for revised iPhone 4 and iPod Touch models to its internal inventory database. According to the folks over at 9to5Mac, three new iPod Touch models have appeared under the codename N81A, which is presumably the new white iPod Touch in three different storage capacities. The current black iPod Touch is expected to continue being offered under its existing code name of N81. The information seems to agree with speculation that Apple was only introducing minor updates to the iPod Touch and mainly focusing on the iPhone in next week’s announcement, hence the “Lets Talk iPhone” invitations being sent out to the media.

Apple is expected to make a quiet update to the black iPod Touch, even going as far as using the same internal codename and SKU as the current model. The few minor changes that are being implemented include an improved ambient light sensor and the use of oleophobic coating (to help reduce finger print smudging on the screen). Speculation suggests that October 14th is the availability date for the new iPod Touch models.

The iPhone 4 revisions are beginning to appear in its inventory database and are marked as N90A, a small change over the current N90 device, which is the current GSM iPhone 4 (the CDMA iPhone 4 has the codename N92). The two N90A models that are in the database, suggest that they are the modified low-end iPhone 4 units (in both black and white), with potentially 8GB of storage. The “iPhone 4S” is known to have a codename of N94 and hasn’t yet appeared in Apple’s inventory database though.

Last but not least, it also seems that Apple is preparing a small update for the iPod Nano as well. Information indicates that the revised iPod Nano will be carrying a codename of N20A, which is different from the six-generation iPod Nano that has a codename of N20.

It’s just a matter of time though as all this information and much more will be revealed in Apple’s October 4th event next week.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

PathKiller29 (09-28-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Good find

great first article
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 09-28-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: DonTouch!

Thanks

The N90's remind me of my Nokia N95. Phone was awesome when it came out!

Thanks
    There has been very little talk about the Nano, i am surprised they even are making one! Great find. iPhone 4s is coming i think!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I sure hope apple has a BIG update for the next iPhone. Counting down the days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I'm excited to see the models.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay so one of two situations:Either they will go with their current trend and just use the current iPhone 4 as the new cheaper iPhone and make a revised version of the iPhone 4Or they will completely get rid of the iPhone 4 after cleaning up inventory, and make an iPhone 4s and then make a reallllllly powerful iPhone 5 as their top of the line iPhone I seriously hope it's situation 2 lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
    Okay so one of two situations:Either they will go with their current trend and just use the current iPhone 4 as the new cheaper iPhone and make a revised version of the iPhone 4Or they will completely get rid of the iPhone 4 after cleaning up inventory, and make an iPhone 4s and then make a reallllllly powerful iPhone 5 as their top of the line iPhone I seriously hope it's situation 2 lol
    Or maybe apple release the 4s, we all run out and use our upgrades then they release the 5 a few months later. That would suck! I may just save my upgrade until December for that reason.

Thanks

There won't be any significant upgrade to the iPhone this year. The sixth gen phone will likely be the big upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    There won't be any significant upgrade to the iPhone this year. The sixth gen phone will likely be the big upgrade.
    And that my friend is why I am scared to death to upgrade in October. An upgraded iPhone 4 16 months later then the 5 shortly after that? I will pass on that "4s" if that's the case. I want a "new" phone. I will see why everyone says apple is money hungry if they pull that stunt.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would be good if they release two iPhones identical in specs but not looks. I love the iPhone 4 design I'm stuck with 3GS and been wanting iPhone 4 since it came out. But there are of course ppl who have tired of iPhone 4 and want the next new design... I really hope they keep the current iPhone 4 design and just upgrade processor / cam etc but I appreciate I'm probably in the minority.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post

mod edit: any first is not necessary.
    You didn't? Really disappointed you would stoop so low
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The more I think about it the less I see the possibility of an iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4S being the only model. Think about it.. the ONLY difference between the 2 rumored models is be the size of the screen. Both would have the A5 chip, 1GB RAM, 8MP camera, HSPA+, dual GSM/CDMA baseband chip and a retina display. Apple would not put out 2 models with virtually identical specs and different screen sizes... and there's really no "super" upgrades they could put in an iPhone 5 at this point to separate the specs from an iPhone 4S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The more I think about it the less I see the possibility of an iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4S being the only model. Think about it.. the ONLY difference between the 2 rumored models is be the size of the screen. Both would have the A5 chip, 1GB RAM, 8MP camera, HSPA+, dual GSM/CDMA baseband chip and a retina display. Apple would not put out 2 models with virtually identical specs and different screen sizes... and there's really no "super" upgrades they could put in an iPhone 5 at this point to separate the specs from an iPhone 4S.
    They already did this before.. Putting out 2 of the same that is. (not at the same time though)

3G...3GS
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

It's what I've been thinking all along, give or take.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    They already did this before.. Putting out 2 of the same that is. (not at the same time though)

3G...3GS
    OK...? I don't know if you're making a point to back mine up or something different. Regardless I'm saying there's no where to go from an iPhone 4S spec wise to justify an iPhone 5 model. The A5 chip is the best they have.. 1GB RAM is plenty.. 8MP camera is more than enough for a phone. An iPhone 5 would have to have a bigger screen... some ridiculous dual core or quad core chip, a 12MP camera, NFC chip, etc.. for it to be worth it and that's just not gonna happen this year. I'll be happy with an iPhone 4S for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'll be happy with an iPhone 4S for now.
    That's the iPhone 5 you have described.

Thanks

I predict an iPhone 4S for $199/$299 subsidized as their top model.

A regular iPhone 4 with virtually the same specs as the current model for $99 with 8GB storage.

Finally they'll keep the 3GS for prepaid customers or make it a FREE entry level phone on a contract.

Thanks

Things are very different here in the UK.

But I predict the new phone will be similar to your prediction and be the iPhone 5. They will release an iPhone 4 with 8Gb as the low end and get rid of the 3GS.

It is speculation - I'm sure someone will lay in to me when I'm proved wrong!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok guys, they've introduced the iPhone4S in their inventory system because it will be available the day of the announcement (Oct. 4th) The iPhone5 hasn't been added to the inventory system yet because it won't be available until mid-October. They can add the iPhone5 to their inventory system anytime after the announcement and no one will care.