+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming: Detailed Info and Toggles in Notification Center with SpringPrefs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Through the course of the iOS 5 beta being available to the public, the jailbreak community has seen a lot of efforts put into creating useful widgets for the newly
    Thanks

Default Upcoming: Detailed Info and Toggles in Notification Center with SpringPrefs

Through the course of the iOS 5 beta being available to the public, the jailbreak community has seen a lot of efforts put into creating useful widgets for the newly acclaimed Notification Center. Widgets have varied from uses (music, google search, respring, etc.), however the most common one to tackle is the SBSettings alternative for the Notification Center. Many have already implemented tweaks of this nature, such as the creators of UISettings and PowerCenter. One that is upcoming and should be releasing soon, SpringPrefs, is another alternative to the above options. However, the visually appealing aspect as well as the capabilities it will posses upon release convinces me to believe that this will be a strong counterpart to SBSettings when iOS 5 releases (it is known that SBSettings is being worked on and works in iOS 5 however it is not public). Development on SpringPrefs is by NSPwn (@NSPwn) although the work is being done by GreySyntax (@GreySyntax) and westbaer (@westbaer)

SpringPrefs brings in specific toggles to turn components on/off on your device as well as display important information about your device right in the Notification Center. To view the different sets of data and toggles, you simply swipe the box inside the Notification Center to switch views. On the first view, the following data is displayed:
    • Free RAM
    • WiFi IP
    • Data IP
    • Uptime
    • Load Avg
    • Firmware

When you swipe to the right, the toggles become visible and accessible. What makes the toggles unique is the artistic component that it offers. Artwork created by swarren08 (@swarren08), the toggles mesh well with the native iOS theme as well as some current themes available in Cydia. Thus far, the following toggles are available. As it is in the beta stages, the developers are looking to add more features as things start to pick up.
    • Data
    • EDGE
    • Power
    • WiFi
    • 3G

In the tweak announcement email that the developers sent out, there were also a few key components that were highlighted that shed some positive light on what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by GreySyntax;
    oggles or "Add ons" are also supported using the Mac OS X standard NSBundle, this allows developers to create feature rich interactive bundles like never before. Developers interested in a pre-release build should contact GreySyntax.

[...]

SpringPrefs will be released as open source software (license will be chosen at a later date) available via git).
    I was told by GreySyntax specifically that they are planning on releasing SpringPrefs as soon as possible so be prepared for what is to come. To stay up to date on what SpringPrefs has to offer, visit the NSPwn website as well as follow GreySyntax (@GreySyntax) and westbaer (@westbaer) on Twitter

Source(s): GreySyntax
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-27-2011 at 11:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks good

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm almost more excited for iOS 5, and the whole new world of tweaks we'll get, than the iPhone 5 (4S) itself...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sbsettings has a beta for ios 5 so unless this can add custom toggles (like SSH and tethering and springflash and etc) then I'll stick to sbsettings, or maybe I'm just old school and remember sbsettings on my 3GS...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Looking forward to these type of tweaks for notification center. Something Apple should have put in them in the first place.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Looking forward to these type of tweaks for notification center. Something Apple should have put in them in the first place.
    I have a feeling Apple will allow selected partners to write these type of plugins in the near future, the technology is there and it's very easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen711 View Post
    Sbsettings has a beta for ios 5 so unless this can add custom toggles (like SSH and tethering and springflash and etc) then I'll stick to sbsettings, or maybe I'm just old school and remember sbsettings on my 3GS...
    Custom toggles are supported via a "plugin" system that is detailed and allows the "toggle" developer to perform many many cool tricks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreySyntax View Post
    I have a feeling Apple will allow selected partners to write these type of plugins in the near future, the technology is there and it's very easy to work with.
    Yup, I'm pretty sure they will to at some point.