+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add Two New Addons to Spotlight with No Keyboard Spotlight and ClearSpotlight

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We can all agree that the beauty of the jailbreak community is freedom - the freedom to customize your device how you wish and develop what you want. With anything,
    Thanks

Default Add Two New Addons to Spotlight with No Keyboard Spotlight and ClearSpotlight

We can all agree that the beauty of the jailbreak community is freedom - the freedom to customize your device how you wish and develop what you want. With anything, it's inevitable that there will be features left out, even small, that would be best taken care of through a new tweak or application. Two new tweaks by a developer named Itay add simple new features to make the Spotlight on your device more user friendly. I decided that a combination article of the two would be appropriate because they are simple to describe and elaborate upon.

No Keyboard Spotlight:

With No KeyBoard Spotlight installed, when you go to your Spotlight, the keyboard won't instantly pop up. When you click in the text field, only than will it appear. Although this may sound useless now, this capability could be a potential plus in the future of people decide to design widgets and other components inside Spotlight. That way, you'll be able to use the Spotlight area without using the Spotlight functionality. In the case of today, this tweak could come in handy. It's compatible on all devices and firmwares, including the iOS 5 beta. There are no settings to configure. And to top things off, it's free.

Name: No Keyboard Spotlight
    Author: Itay
    Version: 1.1
    Price: Free

ClearSpotlight:

On the stock version of Spotlight, when you return from let's say searching something, going into the application, and than coming back, you are brought to the search results you already used. ClearSpotlight will automatically clear the window after searching inside the field and then going into an application. So when you return to the Spotlight, it's a clean slate. It is compatible with all devices and firmwares, however it does not seem to work fully on the iOS 5 beta. There are no settings to configure. And just like it's "twin", it is also free.

Name: ClearSpotlight
    Author: Itay
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-27-2011 at 10:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you gesture an upside down U or check mark on the spotlight page is the open space above the keyboard it minimizes the keyboard... Just something I noticed. It works on all jailbroken and stock I devices if used.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eightyk88 For This Useful Post:

andypropaganda (09-28-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have Wraparound installed, which connects Spotlight to the first AND last homescreen. The keyboard popping up all the time was annoying, so nospotlightkeyboard a handy little tweak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    If you gesture an upside down U or check mark on the spotlight page is the open space above the keyboard it minimizes the keyboard... Just something I noticed. It works on all jailbroken and stock I devices if used.
    Damn never knew that thanks....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

I have so many tweaks installed that opening the spotlight keyboard takes a while for me... This is very nice to have!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    I tested that out right when I read this!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nowadays, many people are freaking out about the ipad, it is so beautifully