Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Just Draw" to Perform Actions With Gesturizer

Default "Just Draw" to Perform Actions With Gesturizer

Lately, a popular topic for recently released jailbreak tweaks and applications is the use of gestures. Whether on the lock screen or within an application of some sort, a fascination for custom gestures has truly taken off lately in regards to what developers are creating. One that is extremely unique and stepped away from the traditional method of gesturing, Gesturizer by Conrad Kramer (@conradev), offers a unique way of utilizing gestures to perform specific actions.

Gesturizer's slogan phrase is "just draw," and the tweak concept is just that. With Gesturizer, draw certain gestures with your fingers to open applications and even perform actions within Activator. By tapping the home button twice and accessing the App Switcher, you have access to the "drawing board" where you can draw your custom gesture.

Custom gestures can be created within the settings tab for Gesturizer and is a simple and easy five-step process. The five-step process goes as follows:

• Name the gesture
    • Set the action
    • Configure the method by which you perform that action
    • Set the glyph (which is the shape you will draw). After setting it, Gesturizer will recognize the drawing and perform that action for you when you do it. You can change this at anytime.
    • Save the gesture

What takes Gesturizer beyond the norm is its deeper integration and reliance on Activator. Your custom gestures can make use of Activator or even open specific URLs you set. When making your gesture you can choose what Activator method you want to utilize whatever method you want. Gesturizer not only uses Activator but can even alter methods and activations directly from the settings panel making it super handy and quickly configurable.

Gesturizer can also be used on the lock screen if you install and configure Cydget, giving you full reign to its numerous capabilities. Find it in the Cydia Store now for $2.99! Note that it is compatible with iOS 4.0+ on the iPod 3rd generation or iPhone 3GS and newer, as well as the iPad.

Name: Gesturizer
    Author: Conrad Kramer
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Price: $2.99

While undergoing the processing of reviewing this application, I had the opportunity to speak with Conrad and ask him a few questions about Gesturizer. He was gracious enough to answer these questions and give us an inside look on what he's up to in regards to other projects and features for Gesturizer:

JOSH: What gave you the idea to create Gesturizer? How long did it take for you to create a working version of it?
    CONRAD: I came up with the idea to make Gesturizer a long while ago. The only thing that prevented me from making it happen, was that I didn't know how to go about implementing it. What got me started working on it was the discovery of an openly published gesture recognition algorithm that I could use to put Gesturizer together. After looking through the algorithm, and planning out how I was going to design Gesturizer, I got a working prototype completed over the course of a three-day weekend.

JOSH: When making Gesturizer, was it pretty easy for you or were there tough spots that took a while (coding, implementation, etc)?
    CONRAD: When I wrote the first prototype, the only serious problem I encountered was that the tweak had severe performance issues, due to the nature of the algorithm. This was solved by optimizing and setting limits in the code.

JOSH: Do you have any planned updates with new features coming up soon?
    CONRAD: Not currently. I released an update this weekend (1.0.1) that addressed most, if not all, of the bugs people experienced and added in Activator listener support and a lock screen cydget.

JOSH: On top of Gesturizer, do you have any other projects that you are working on that you are able to speak on?
    CONRAD: None currently.

JOSH: What other applications have you made and or available?
    CONRAD: I am the author of Graviboard and many other small, free tweaks.

Follow Conrad Kramer (@conradev) on Twitter to keep up to speed on what he has in store for Gesturizer and other potential projects.

Source(s): Conrad Kramer
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 09-27-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Wow didn't think you would finish it up that fast. Nice job josh

Wow! Another good one
    Last edited by Simon; 09-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.

So why did you forcibly change my comment^ why it is so true that modmyi copy's and pastes and posts old news why not go back to the way it was presenting new fresh rumors and news common pick up some slack don't play childish games of changing comments.

Quote Originally Posted by tomto View Post
    So why did you forcibly change my comment^ why it is so true that modmyi copy's and pastes and posts old news why not go back to the way it was presenting new fresh rumors and news common pick up some slack don't play childish games of changing comments.
    I'm not sure where you got the "copy and paste" notion because I don't. The interview itself should be a hint.

Also, in regards to this type of news specifically (jailbreak), I have been busy with various school work and projects so I have been limited in terms of writing. Just because you knew about it the day of doesn't mean other people do too. Don't discount other people. And I can guarantee you being sarcastic and disrespectful makes you look immature and childish.

P.S. Moderators, I would appreciate if you remember to add a comment to as why you changed the post. Thanks for your continued hard work.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Man, MMI used to be a good site but now all the commentors in all the threads are just looking to critique writer. Say something productive or dont say anything at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    ...And I can guarantee you being sarcastic and disrespectful makes you look immature and childish.
    ZING!
    I know that makes me look childish but it was worth it.

Anyway, this would be good if my multitasking bar didn't take soo long to load. Yep, just tried it and it took 3.5 sec to load, wow am I impatient.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by They Call Me Erb View Post
    ZING!
    I know that makes me look childish but it was worth it.

Anyway, this would be good if my multitasking bar didn't take soo long to load. Yep, just tried it and it took 3.5 sec to load, wow am I impatient.
    Then set a different Activator method

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomto View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Man, MMI used to be a good site but now all the commentors in all the threads are just looking to critique writer. Say something productive or dont say anything at all!!!

I am interested in buying it, but had a concern. I use multifl0w. I see that the demonstrations show use of the default multitasking to activate Gesturized. I use Multifl0w. Can you customize for other activation methods?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing! I know what I'm downloading now.

Default Tweek in Gesturizer Video
    Does anyone know how I can get the 'touches' to show on my screen like in the Gesturizer video? I want the screen to show the pressure point i make when I touch it..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegasmalone View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get the 'touches' to show on my screen like in the Gesturizer video? I want the screen to show the pressure point i make when I touch it..
    That's a tweak called 'Display Recorder.'. In the Settings, you can show your touches all the time. I have it on my iPhone 4S right now!