+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Starts Sending Out Oct 4 iPhone Media Event Invitations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Cook doing Keynote, Jobs in audience. 16/32/64GB versions of one single model, no iPhone Lite, iPhone 4S, iPhone Mini, Cheap iPhone (except a price drop in iPhone 4 or possibly
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Cook doing Keynote, Jobs in audience. 16/32/64GB versions of one single model, no iPhone Lite, iPhone 4S, iPhone Mini, Cheap iPhone (except a price drop in iPhone 4 or possibly iPhone 4 8GB) No 4G/LTE. New hardware design to get away from "Antennagate". iOS 5 released that day. iPhone 5 out end of October in U.S., mid-November elsewhere.iPhone 3GS discontinued, iOS 5 purposely turns it into a useless brick.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The numbers on the invitation image:1. Calendar on Tuesday 4, the day of the invitation2. Clock on 10 o'clock, the time of the event3 & 4. Map on 280 highway and Phone for 1 Infinite Loop, the location of the media event.RegardsSaCH

Thanks

iPhone 5 SPECS:

4 inch retina display
    960x640 at 295ppi
    1 GB RAM
    Apple A5 dual-core at 1.2 GHz
    Dual LED flash
    Sprint LTE WiMax 4Gu
    Verizon LTE CDMA 4G
    AT&T HSPDA+ 14.4mbps 4G
    8MP 1080p camera
    Up to 64 GB capacity

My friend works at Apple and had the iPhone 5 prototype. Well see if he's right.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I CAN NOT WAIT! I really need a second iPhone in the house after some cheapskate *insert alot of rude swear words here* STOLE MY iPhone 3GS 16GB White after lending it to my mum who doesn't like a passcode and it had no MobileMe tracking on it :@

Thanks

[QUOTE=jose060789;6249276
    Up to 64 GB capacity

My friend works at Apple and had the iPhone 5 prototype. Well see if he's right.[/QUOTE]

He's not.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8sn0w View Post
    Loving the invitation format. Date/Time/Location/Subject.
    I think I broke the invitation code, you're all wrong. If you add all the numbers of the icons, (4+10+280+1) you get 295. If you subtract 290 you get 5 this would mean iPhone 5. But if you subtract 291 instead and add an (s) this would mean iPhone 4(s). I dunno!!!!
    Last edited by frjuan; 09-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    He's not.
    I'd believe a 64GB model before I'd believe a 4G/LTE/HSPDA+ model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kryptonicz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    I think I broke the invitation code, you're all wrong. If you add all the numbers of the icons, (4+10+280+1) you get 295. If you subtract 290 you get 5 this would mean iPhone 5. But if you subtract 291 instead and add an (s) this would mean iPhone 4(s). I dunno!!!!

Thats the dumbest idea I've ever heard ahaha. Everyone else is right its at 10 o'clock at the address and the date being a tuesday. it isn't that hard don't try to sound like a genius. i could say add 4+10+280+1 and subtract 295 and its a whole new iPhone!!!!!! hahahaaha stupid.
    you call this a theme, ***** please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I'd believe a 64GB model before I'd believe a 4G/LTE/HSPDA+ model.
    Do tell how you think a 64Gb is possible?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    iPhone 5 SPECS:

4 inch retina display
    960x640 at 295ppi
    1 GB RAM
    Dual LED flash
    Sprint LTE WiMax 4Gu
    Verizon LTE CDMA 4G
    AT&T HSPDA+ 14.4mbps 4G
    8MP 1080p camera
    Up to 64 GB capacity

My friend works at Apple and had the iPhone 5 prototype. Well see if he's right.
    We'll see! That'd be cool if it had these specs! Thanx for the info

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally! I been waiting forever. iPhone 5 better be good, because I been saving my upgrade since March.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Do tell how you think a 64Gb is possible?
    The same way a 64GB iPod Touch is possible.
    The cost may have dropped to allow Apple to put 64GB into the iPhone and not raise the price.
    700 for 64GB
    600 for 32GB
    500 for 16GB
    (Unsubsidized prices of course)

Do tell how you think a 64GB is not possible?

Thanks

Thank God its Tuesday and Im off from work!!!! Cant miss this one!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post

Nah, I read this somewhere else and I believe it to be correct.

"As we saw before some time, Apple sent invitations to developers for the event to be held on October 4.
    The TUAW sought help from an expert numerology, the Helmut Weltschmertz, the institute numerology Koblenz and he explains exactly what the symbols mean in the call.
    The calendar icon. Here, Apple says that it is "tues" ("two" in some ancient language that has been lost to history) devices will be announced. The number 4 located below the word tuesday (Tuesday) "tues" indicates that both iPhones will be better than the iPhone 4. Some would say that the icon simply shows the date of the event, but it is much more than what we see.
    The clock icon. Indicators to watch show the number 10 and number 12. But in reality, and shows the large ratio of 12. If we add all these 12 + 12 + 10 as a result we have the number 34. That says a lot ... the normal mother of Steve Jobs, Joanne Simpson, remarried to George Simpson when he was 34 years old, which proves that the government covers everything that happened in 51 (Area 51) in 1966. But digress. There is an improvement there. 3 ... 4 .... 5! Yes! The iPhone 5 will be announced.
    The icon of the Charter. The 280 that seems to shield us that will be released iOS 5 and will have 280 new or improved features. The point is that the separation of the yellow and orange line can find anyone. It means that Apple will release products in two colors. The pin means that this icon can be dropped from the site and why somebody put the pin to prevent it.
    The phone icon. Ah! number 1. Can mean many things. One is that he is the loneliest number, and that top right icon has special meaning. Pointing northeast and in the old days of America, where they burned witches in the northeast part of the region. It is obvious and anyone could understand that the design of new phones will be magic. The green stripes are an indication of an event where all wearing suits. The white phone icon has a deeper meaning.Please note that looks exactly like a figure from an embryo, which shows the birth of a new era of technology, cheap beer and world peace.
    Of course these are only the analysis of Dr. Weltschmertz, which will convince many who know Apple."

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    is there a reason there is a one on the phone? Probably apple's way of saying they will only have one new iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    The same way a 64GB iPod Touch is possible.
    The cost may have dropped to allow Apple to put 64GB into the iPhone and not raise the price.
    €700 for 64GB
    €600 for 32GB
    €500 for 16GB
    (Unsubsidized prices of course)

Do tell how you think a 64GB is not possible?
    As I have explained many, many times before, the iPod has two X 32gb drives. The iPhone has 1 X 32Gb drive with the other space taken up by the phone chips.

There is no 64Gb drive (the Toshiba one could not be produced reliably in any quantity) and there is not room for two 32Gb drives in an iPhone.

Unless there is a 64Gb drive that I have not heard of or they can make more room inthe iPhone ( a lrger device might allow for this - but I certainly don't want a larger device) then a 64Gb iPhone is a physical impossability.

Thanks

Can you watch the media event online

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    iPhone 5 SPECS:

4 inch retina display
    960x640 at 295ppi
    1 GB RAM
    Dual LED flash
    Sprint LTE WiMax 4Gu
    Verizon LTE CDMA 4G
    AT&T HSPDA+ 14.4mbps 4G
    8MP 1080p camera
    Up to 64 GB capacity

Ha ha ha..... I cant wait for apple to show this "new" phone. It's gonna be the same phone but faster + new ios5. Many people will be very disappointed, this is apples fault for being so dam secretive!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Ha ha ha..... I cant wait for apple to show this "new" phone. It's gonna be the same phone but faster + new ios5. Many people will be very disappointed, this is apples fault for being so dam secretive!
    It's not how it looks like mate, it's what's inside and how you use it.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak? Matthew_Madlock's Avatar
    Thanks

Now if i could only see the true updated iphone ....ill have to wait untill the 4th!!